What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

On an unrelated note, I've been having a blast revisiting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. Like KOTOR, this series could benefit immeasurably from a new sequel on a modern engine.

Yes, this needs to happen.

woah , I encountered a dragon in DA:Inquisition and my party got incinerated. Looks like something for much later in the game

There's a lot to do in this game and it's hard to set priorities. The game doesn't really explain thing very well either. I'm still fiddling around in the various menus

Actually I like this type of complexity

I'm 5-6 hours in and still wandering around a bit aimlessly and trying stuff out, but at some point everything will fit together

Crafting weapons seems useless in this game though

So far the game world is more beautiful and varied than Skyrim

Agreed. I'm one of the few people who didn't really like Skyrim and a lot of that was due to the bland and monotonous open-world (the clunky combat didn't help either). DA:I's universe is much more varied and interesting.

Beat the latest Raid boss on the hardest setting on Destiny tonight for the first time and my god it was brutal. Took about 20 attempts and people dropped out who had to be replaced but I have great reserves of patience for the challenges of this game and I held my nerve till it was done.Now my Guardian is in the tiny elite minority, for a while at least, and I have the loot to prove it :cool:

Yeah I've run through it a few times with some friends who are much more die-hard about gaming than I am. It's great fun, that heat of the moment sort of teamwork and sense of camaraderie is really nice. I find it a bit addictive actually. Enough to constantly return to the frustration and occasional rage.

A few annoyances in Dragon Age Inquisition:

-No night and day cycle

-No swimming

-Lots of the scenery is decoration and you can't go there

-Can only talk to a few NPC's

-I find good gear by luck but can't use it because the gear has assigned levels..what's the point.

-Have to unequip some of the equipment to upgrade it at the forge (like the crossbow), then remember to re-equip it

-So far dungeons are just small caves...I hope there's deeper places later on (like the Dwarven Ruins in Skyrim)

I started playing GTA V again. Previously on the PS3, but it totally shines on the PS4. In first-person it becomes a new experience. Fun, harder, more realistic (the driving is wonderfully immersive).

There's some lag present with the controls but I can live with it.

I tried online for a bit but I can't see me sitting down for this and enjoying it a lot. The human aspect (everybody just doing what the hell they want) makes it frustrating for me. I like my games a bit more predictable and scripted...

@Stefancos : if you want to experience art in videogames, I recommend you pick up ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. Both on PS2 made by the same team (among my favourites for that system). Both beautiful games with exceptional artistic design and staying power.

Even to you that game must have looked and felt terribly dated.

Steef, go on Amazon or eBay and buy yourself a cheap copy of ICO. That's a title which while visually unremarkable by today standards is still beautifully tactile and satisfying in the hand, and with a lyrical narrative which still impresses years later in just how deftly it is executed. And it is ideal for a 'non-gamer' like yourself.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/ico/critic-reviews

I want it more than you, I'm sure of it. This trailer from 2010 is pure magic... with music by Thomas Newman.

ICO?

Check the mini-review in my post above to see it in motion.

I'm with Quintus on this one. It's very appealing to non-gamers in that it has a really simple control scheme and gameplay. And with a much bigger emotional pay-off than Tetris.