What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

I just want it to be more than just Skyrim with guns. I fear it won't be.

Aren't they basically the same game but with different settings?

A game sequel is not necessarily a continuation of the previous game either. It can be a totally different story with new characters set in a world with a similar feel.

A game sequel is not necessarily a continuation of the previous game either. It can be a totally different story with new characters set in a world with a similar feel.

And then the death threats to the developers begin.

Monster Hunter could be fun, but the graphics and controls on the Wii are so shit I'm not sure how much I want to invest in this game

Edit :So I played about 10 hours and I'm quitting because the Wii controller isn't responsive enough to play that type of high skill game. It requires as much dedication as the Souls series and I have a feeling I'll hit a wall and won't be able to progress later on

I think I'll just go play Black Flag

Shenmue 3!

It's fair to say that the Sony presentation blows EA's out of the water. They spent nearly the entire run-time pushing Plants vs. Zombies and sports games that nobody wants and had only 5 minutes dedicated to Battlefront.

*Star Wars theme plays*
Sony exec - "We're proud to announce a new collaboration with Star Wars and Lucasfilm"

*Disney Infinity logo fades onto screen*

"And now one more thing"

*Long black screen*
*trailer for this year's Uncharted game*

Stop toying with me Sony!!

On the subject of Star Wars, hopefully Bioware will announce a new Star Wars game next year. They been milking that failed MMO for far too long.

This has been a monumental E3 so far. Total craziness out of Sony.

Agreed. The only thing holding it back for me is the lack of KOTOR 3.

Yeah, the Star Wars game Bioware is doing has been the only major oversight so far. But I can't complain. Everyone seems to be taking things to the next level.

FF7 remake? Wow! Was starting to think it'd never happen!

Oh. Never mind. It's not a full remake.

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/games/Final-Fantasy-7-PS4-Version-Isn-t-HD-Remake-We-Hoped-68802.html

Jay, they trolled audiences and announced this PC port late last year. Today Sony announced the real remake everyone wanted.

Interestingly, I started playing ICO again just a day before this would be revealed... I can't believe it's finally coming.

This gameplay trailer blows me away. The art direction, that beast, the mechanics, a work of genius.

So PS4 can do what PS3 couldn't, this is what I bought my console(s) for. :woop:

You haven't watched the trailer have you? Because it looks astounding, especially the art design, which takes the look of Ico but makes it ten times prettier and more wondrous.

Graphics aren't everything... Games such as these have an aesthetic that is original and timeless. ICO and Shadow of the Colossus still have that quality in the visual department. And gameplay too.

I have the utmost confidence that TLG with meet my expectations.

Yes I watched the conference. The game looks the same as it did 7 years ago. I assumed that after so much time they started over and built it for the PS4, but I'm guessing Sony didn't want to sink that much money into it.

And I agree about the aesthetic. I'll be buying it on day one for sure, just slightly disappointed in how dated it looks.

Yes I watched the conference. The game looks the same as it did 7 years ago. I assumed that after so much time they started over and built it for the PS4, but I'm guessing Sony didn't want to sink that much money into it.

And I agree about the aesthetic. I'll be buying it on day one for sure, just slightly disappointed in how dated it looks.

Dated? Not by a longshot. I don't know what you're smoking... or maybe your quality setting isn't right. It's no Call of Duty whatever the latest iteration is, but dammit the world it's set in is gorgeous and the animation superbly detailed. It doesn't throw all kinds of visual trickery our way simply to show off.

I don't care one way or the other if it looks like the game that was shown in 2010. It's that game I wanted and now it's finally happening.

Exactly, I'm glad it hasn't been radically altered and everyone can finally play it after all these years. I'm not talking about design or art direction, but graphical fidelity with the resolution. We only saw a brief clip, but I certainly wouldn't call that superbly detailed.

The actually character models or the character movements? Because the latter looked a bit stiff to me. Anyway, I want the game, I'll be buying it, I just hope it wasn't negatively affected by all the delays.

Battlefront looks fucking amazing. This might be the first year I actually don't buy COD. Fallout 4 comes out 4 days after it, and then Battlefront the week after that. So many games!

This might be the first year I actually don't buy COD

In your dreams.

Battlefield looks incredible, but I hope it has a deep progression system. The Star Wars arsenal of weapons is quite small, for a battlefield title.

Yes I watched the conference. The game looks the same as it did 7 years ago.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-ps3-last-guardian-trailer-was-specced-up-for-the-occasion

Heh!

I loved the intensity and fluidity of the action, it felt like a scene right out of an Indiana Jones flick. Of course we've already had such elaborate sequences in the previous games, but it never ceases to amaze me what ND can bring to the screen.

And downgraded in what way?

It was all very spectacular and fun looking, but the core gunplay still looks last gen to me. Solid but nothing remarkable.

It'd be cool if you can get out of that car at any time and play through the same area on foot and in vehicles on the fly, like you can in Halo. But I doubt they'll let us, given how much they like to funnel the player in these games.

The kid can't wait!

What I like about Mirror's Edge is that they aren't going for a realistic looking world. It looks and feels like you're in a computer build city rather than in a real one.

I'm waiting for that one too. Really dig the world and atmosphere of Mirror's Edge, with all the vivid colored rooms and hallways. And Catalyst is confirmed to be open world and entirely weapon free.

Fight your way through what? It was a car chase through a civilian village :P

Yeah I know. But wouldn't it be awesome if we could make it play out differently? We only need a waypoint to make sure the cutscene at the end still triggers, but I love emergent design because it leaves it up to the player to decide how they reach the objective rather than them just been being on multiple choice rails.

All I'm saying is it'll be cool if we can jump out of the vehicle and use environment and be inventive with it, like you can in other games. And no, I'm not talking about open world ones. Uncharted is first and foremost a cinematic linear adventure game and it should stay that way.

Definitely. ND has found a formula that works for a lot of gamers (myself included) and they should stick with it, while upping the visual quality and spectacle. And becoming more like a big budget Hollywood movie with each installment.

The core gameplay must evolve though or it'll become stagnant. I felt it setting in already in Uncharted 3, which was a big disappointment for me.

So, for me it's

Tales of Zestria

Dark Souls 3

FF VII remake

Fallout4

No big open world medieval RPG on the horizon (but I still have to play Witcher 3)

The core gameplay must evolve though or it'll become stagnant. I felt it setting in already in Uncharted 3, which was a big disappointment for me.

I don't know, I could play Uncharted or The Last Of Us all day. Drake's Deception was definitely my favorite. In terms of kind of picking your path to the objective, that was already at play in The Last Of Us, and based on the gameplay demo from PSX last year, it seem it'll play a part in A Thief's End as well.