GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Some shows benefit from it. GOT is one of them. Gives you time to actually ponder about what happened in an episode. Speculate about what happens next. Discuss is with other people.

Binge watching can be fun. But you can easily miss things of you watch 10 episodes a day.

Why should I?

Because he's badass!

I seriously have zero memory of who he is or what he does on the show. Care to refresh my memory?

Some shows benefit from it. GOT is one of them. Gives you time to actually ponder about what happened in an episode. Speculate about what happens next. Discuss is with other people.

Binge watching can be fun. But you can easily miss things of you watch 10 episodes a day.

this, this 10000% this!

I binge watched Breaking Bad and I kinda regret that, even though it was super addictive.

I think binge watching works better with shows you've already watched before. Or stuff of lesser substance. (Bones, Friends etc)

Netflix dumping a whole season of House Of Cards at once means that a fair number of fans will go though it in a single weekend, and discuss it as a whole season rather the on an episode by episode basis.

I binge watched Breaking Bad and I kinda regret that, even though it was super addictive.

I repeatedly told you not to and that you would regret it!

I think binge watching works better with shows you've already watched before. Or stuff of lesser substance. (Bones, Friends etc)

Yes, exactly this!

Netflix dumping a whole season of House Of Cards at once means that a fair number of fans will go though it in a single weekend, and discuss it as a whole season rather the on an episode by episode basis.

Kind of, but the writers for that show knew the whole time it would all "air" on the same day so it's not written in quite the same way as a standard drama.

We try to never watch more than one in a day, or if we do, it's with a few shows in between, and I enjoy it that way. We'll still be done with the whole season within a month of it premiering. Since the show isn't as good as the cream of the crop TV on right now, waiting a week between each episode wouldn't add anything.

With GOT now and BB in the past, that week in between is great. Discussing the episodes with coworkers and wondering what might happen next is fun.

Who The Hell Is That Person In “Game Of Thrones”?

Sweet, I got all 20 correct!

(The only one I wasn't sure about was #11)

20/20. Easy.

The TV series cuts so many of the side characters and courtiers and whatnot it is actually much easier to follow than the army of people in the novels (which do have the appendix of the great families and their retainers at the back of the book).

Ciaran Hinds is nothing like I imagined Mance Rayder to be (man that is a great name for a manse raider) but I hope they will feature him more this season as he is awesome in his usual way.

Martin has the habit of dropping in these really apt names, almost like in-jokes, into this story like Mance Rayder and Roose Bolton (Roose as in ruse, since he is one slimy schemer that one).

I'm sure the production values, acting and all the technical stuff (minus score) will be top notch. It's the ever-wandering storyline that I'm worried about.

Karol

Well, I just watched it and really liked it!

Sounds like whoever kicks the Lannisters out of power will use the iron bank of Braavos to help do so

Interesting theory that if someone knocks the Lannisters out without their assistance, then the new royal family would claim that they do not inherit the previous thrown holders (the Lannisters) debts, so it actually behooves the bank to back someone willing to attack King's Landing and take the throne. Interesting.

So let me get this straight. The Crown owes money to the Lannisters and to the Bank, but since the Lannisters are basically in charge, they can raise all the money they want, ignore the debt they owe themselves, spend lavishly, and just thumb their nose at the Bank, since it would be folly for them to collect.

But put a new monarch on the Throne, and suddenly the bankrupt Lannisters lose their fundraising, won't get the money owed by the Crown, but will still be on the hook to the Bank, who will collect because it will have the support of the new dynasty because it paid for it.

Brilliant. Finish it, Martin. Fucking finish it.