GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Yes, pretty typical mid season GOT episode. lost of talking, lots of setting up, and some fighting at the end./

Ser Barristan even gets the cliche character moment at the end before being dispatched. Possibly the shows longest enduring cliche

GOT does do team ups very well.

I've given up hoping for any kin d of major development to happen any time soon and just enjoy the show for what it is. And excellently filmed and acted soap opera with the occasional slashed limb and pair of tits. (Melisandre's were impressive this week)

Her "You know nothing Jon Snow" was far too meta though. It should have been retired as a catchphrase.

Ah OK.

I am all caught up on the show, btw, just haven't really written about any TV I've watched in the last month. I might soon.

What was it supposed to mean when that one episode ended with Dany's dragon showing up over her head? They haven't referred to that dragon again since

Having read a review of the latest episode, I think that would have been the end of my watching had I not given up already. Killing off one of the more interesting if terribly underused characters, either because they haven't got a clue what to do with him or to meet their standard shock death quota for the season. They may as well have just not included Ser Barristan at all. Pointless.

Killing off good characters in shit ways for no apparent reason is always a sign that a show is losing it. I look to Oz and Lost in this regard.

Wait, what?

The episode ended ambiguously - you don't know if Grey Worm or Barristan Selmy are both alive, both dead, or one of each.

Depends on how quickly help can get to them, I guess.

Barny, have you read the books, or just read spoilers about them?

No. After last season I just decided to find out what happens to the characters I still gave a shit about, which was a select few.

You said "Bah", as if you were personally affected that reviewers have to download the episode to review instead of being mailed a DVD.

Why does it matter to you?

I get that she was supposed to disguise herself for a while as a boy in the books, but they never really made her look like a boy on the show IMO.

I thought you were referring to him calling her that THIS season. Of course Arya was referred to as a boy in the past.

All I said was that, to me, they never really made her look like a boy, really. The actress has a feminine face.

Which boy?

That's what every non-book reader is wondering!

Hopefully the title will have more than one application, as they often do, although there's an obvious one for this title as it's a line straight out of the book.

Interesting line in this week's episode - Littlefinger telling Sansa she's the last of the living Starks. So the entire world assumes Arya, Bran, and Rickon are dead, I guess. Speaking of Rickon... is he still alive? Why doesn't the show ever catch up with him?

Rickon wasn't mentioned in that 1993 synopsis that surfaced recently, as far as I can remember. I have a hunch that George R. R. Martin created him as a sort of "reserve Stark" - just in case he wants to finish the story with a Stark restoration of some kind but can't use any of the others...