GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Yes, but the article I linked to contains new information about specific Dorne locales

Should Game of Thrones wrap up all storylines of all characters in the final season, or leave open the possibility of a concluding theatrical movie?

Why Does George R.R. Martin Want A ‘Game Of Thrones’ Movie So Badly?

DISCUSS!

I don't see any need for a movie. Leave it as a TV show. Do a 2 hour made for TV movie maybe but not a theatrical release.

I doubt it.

The producers seem perfectly willing now to step away from the books if they feel they can do something that works better for them.

And surely they must know Martin wont crank out 2 or 3 new books in 3 years.

I assume the series will end one way, the books another.

I wonder what the situation would be in regard to rights and royalities if a film were produced. If it fell outside the existing contract, George R. R. Martin might have an additional incentive to advocate that plan.

In any case, I think it's an atrocious idea. Scarcely better than hearing that A Dream of Spring is no longer going to be a book, but will be presented as a classical ballet instead. Luckily, I can't see any possibility of it going ahead. Would the trailers for this film inform audiences that they need to watch seventy hours of television in order to understand what in seven hells is going on?

I'm more worried that, if Martin isn't fully on board with idea of finishing the TV story within the creators' planned schedule, then he won't be as forthcoming with the details of his own intended resolution, perhaps forcing them to come up with ad hoc conclusions to the storylines and answers to all of the mysteries. In that event, I worry that the chances of a satisfying whole would be considerably diminished...

I've never been all that confident in the idea of wrapping it all together in 2 more books. The characters have all gone too far off into their own deep end. Not sure he he's going to bring them all together in a satisfying way.

And no, a movie is a terrible idea.

They [the characters] appear to be all over the place at the end of the published books - but it's possible that, if Martin has an underlying design, then the apparent chaos is (at least partly) due to our limited vision at the moment. But I think it's even more important to have good answers to the major background issues which seem to be driving the story. What is the cause of Bran Stark (and others') warging abilities, and what is the three-eyed crow up to? What is the significance of the crypts of Winterfell? What was the preternatural event which made the seasons go bananas? What was the initial purpose of the Wall and the Night's Watch? And, most of all, what are the White Walkers?

Which reminds me (from the article Jason linked to on the previous page):

...we know the White Walkers exist in numbers beyond the Wall.

Yeah, but what numbers? There could be, like, six...