Home Alone 2 - Why does it sound so bad?

InTheCity

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let Jason answer if he wants to.

Aha! You changed your initial reply! There must be a conspiracy behind this! The truth (and music) will out!

I'll let Jason answer if he wants to.

Aha! You changed your initial reply! There must be a conspiracy behind this! The truth (and music) will out!

Color me surprised. :rolleyes:

No seriously I am more than happy to wait for the music. If someone has heard it or read it then good and nice for them. Goofing around and being irritating helps pass the time until we get the soundtrack album.

I would have rather you putzes have said nothing than brag "I've heard bits of the album and you haven't, and I'm not telling."

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

This place gets Orwellian around here at times, especially when a new Williams release comes out. Then some of "us" become more equal than others.

I would have rather you putzes have said nothing than brag "I've heard bits of the album and you haven't, and I'm not telling."

I think that goes around quite alot, people in the business being hush hush about music they have heard or even have advance copies. Hinting is kind of irritating yeah. Especially in this JW drought. If someone has heard something new please give detailed descriptions with a lot of colorful adjectives and comparisons to older scores. ;)

I wish Jason would have kept it quiet and not drop posts about being familiar with the music.

There is no album leak.

Earlier this year cue sheets, legit, were "leaked" / popped up on the internet along with mockups of those cues. I don't have them, Jason doesn't have them.

I didn't listen to them.

No, but it should have been explained from the start. Oh well we're a few months away from the premiere of the film.

However I will take this time to remind people that when the album does leak, we know it will, no links or requests are to be made on the forum. The same applies to any mockups.

I'm sure Jason will make a public announcement as we draw closer to the film.

However I will take this time to remind people that when the album does leak, we know it will, no links or requests are to be made on the forum. The same applies to any mockups.

Does this include the posting of mockups in the dedicated mockup thread?

Is this an actual forum rule or just how you want it played out?

Does this include the posting of mockups in the dedicated mockup thread?

Is this an actual forum rule or just how you want it played out?

Once the soundtrack has been released officially, you can post all the mockups you want. If you have mockups prior to the official release then obviously no.

If you have mockups prior to the official release then obviously no.

I'm only replying to this part as it was added later but that's what I was wondering really, if this is an actual official forum rule? As I personally don't see it as obvious.

(Mike B, sorry for the major thread derailment! Hope all is going well at Sony and you're making Dennis work for his money ;))

So does anyone else have sound issues with Home Alone 2?

Compare Varese with the album and it's like night and day, but the original presentation has its charms. Everything in the Deluxe mix is front and center. I mean, it's an aural assault. Whether this is good or bad I suppose could be left up to one's own judgement. I'm not an audiophile. I love this score and the presentation is solid.

So does anyone else have sound issues with Home Alone 2?

I have never heard the original album so I can't say but as far as the Varése Deluxe Edition, NOPE not one issue with how it sounds.