Some Tintin polls...

Josh500

Some Tintin polls...  

19 members have voted

1. 1. WHO are you going to see Tintin with (the first time, if you plan to see it more than once)?

• With a friend.
    • With a group of friends.
    • With a girlfriend/wife or boyfriend/husband.
    • With some other relation(s) like parents, siblings, etc.
    • By yourself.
    • I am not sure yet.
    • I am not going to see the movie.
  2. 2. WHEN are you going to see Tintin?

• On opening day.
    • In the week following the premiere.
    • Some time later on.
    • Never.
    • I am not sure yet.
  3. 3. WHEN will you listen to the Original Soundtrack Album of Tintin for the first time?

• Before I see the movie.
    • After I see the movie.
    • Never.
    • I am not sure yet.
  4. 4. Are you going to listen to the Tintin samples once they become available?

5. 5. Are you familiar with the Tintin comics (or are you in the process of getting to know them)?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Familiar with the comics, only because I read the 3 being adapted for this movie last month

Will listen to samples the first possible second I can

Will listen to the OST the first possible second I can

I'll be watching Tintin the first possible second I can so that I can do my traditional complete score analysis.

Will see it again when it opens in US theaters with my girlfriend and possibly some friends - who the hell knows, thats 3 months away!

I will listen to the OS album before I see the movie, but I won't listen to the samples.

I will see the movie in the week following the premiere, probably with my gf (or by myself first, I am not sure yet).

I don't know the comics, and I am wondering whether I should familiarize myself with them before seeing the movie. Hmmm. Seems like I am one of only very few here who don't know them...

I'll be watching Tintin the first possible second I can so that I can do my traditional complete score analysis.

Dude, Incanus will have posted his analysis long before you see the film!

I couldn't take that away from Jason! It is his tradition and he is pretty good at it himself. I will perhaps make some comments but that's as far as I will go. Perhaps. ;)

I will listen to the OS album before I see the movie, but I won't listen to the samples.

I will see the movie in the week following the premiere, probably with my gf (or by myself, I am not sure yet).

I don't know the comics, and I am wondering whether I should familiarize myself with them before seeing the movie. Hmmm. Seems like I am one of only very few here who don't know them...

Reading the source material before seeing a movie only has a negative impact on the movie itself, from my experience.

Instead of just sitting down and letting the movie take you on a journey, you sit there and remember the source material, and think about the differences, what was changed, etc.

You only get one opportunity for that first undiluted impression

Reading the source material before seeing a movie only has a negative impact on the movie itself, from my experience.

Instead of just sitting down and letting the movie take you on a journey, you sit there and remember the source material, and think about the differences, what was changed, etc.

Yes, exactly!

That's why I am tending toward NOT reading the comics, at least not before seeing the movie.

Dude, Incanus will have posted his analysis long before you see the film!

I couldn't take that away from Jason! It is his tradition and he is pretty good at it himself. I will perhaps make some comments but that's as far as I will go. Perhaps. ;)

LOL @ "some comments"

I most likely will see the film with a group of friends at some point, after having familiarized myself with the OST album and having listened to the samples before that.

I know the comic books slightly, enough to understand the setting and the characters.

I am actually looking forward to the film despite having some initial scepticism about it. :)

I am actually looking forward to the film despite having some initial scepticism about it. :)

That's how I felt at first, but right now, after seeing the new trailers where we get to see more and more, I can't wait!!!

I'm gonna watch the movie with a bunch of other Tintin fans on opening day, I will listen to the samples and the cd as soon as I can and I'm a lifelong fan of the comics (I've been to the Hergé museum, I have Tintin memorabilia in my room and I've read and own all Tintin albums)

LOL @ "some comments"

My thoughts exactly. :mrgreen:

What?!! Are you implying that I am somewhat verbose? ;)

I've been to the Hergé museum, I have Tintin memorabilia in my room and I've read and own all Tintin albums

You serious?

Btw, where is the Hergé museum? Belgium?

Yeah, in Louvain-la-Neuve. I had a very close friend studying there under the Erasmus Program. It's quite recent, I think.

It's very common here in Portugal to find people from my generation that grew up with Tintin

I know many people who know Tintin, but strangely, I am not one of them. I have seen the character Tintin, of course, but I know next to nothing about his adventures...

Yeah, I will probably start reading the comics after seeing the movie, probably while listening to the JW album. :)

The comics were published when I grew up, but I never read any of them. I'm going to see it on my own, on the opening day. Not because of the film, but because of the score. I'll listen to any music whenever it is available. And re-watch the film, depending on what's missing from the OST.

Karol

My analysis can be made right now.

"Great action music missing from Album."

Shush. Let's not go there. The Dark Lord might want to start another doom laden sermon on the subject if you say that any louder!

Yeah, I will probably start reading the comics after seeing the movie, probably while listening to the JW album. :)

I've said it before, I'll say it again: there's only ONE Tintin's theme, and it doesn't share its power:

This is what you should be listening to when reading the comics.

No matter how good (or not!) Williams' theme for the character is, this one up here will always be the real one to me.

Hmmm, since I am unfamiliar with both the comics and this piece, I can approach the whole Tintin experience with a fresh, unspoiled mind!

I wonder how this theme will fare in comparison with JW's theme, though... :) Maybe JW was inspired by this piece.

I watched the Tintin series when I was a bit younger and I can still remeber that melody. I thought it was pretty great and still do.

I'll be with my family at Christmas, and we usually go out to see a movie either on the 24th or 25th. I'm guessing Tintin will be the likeliest candidate, so I'll probably wait and see it then. If not, I'll definitely rush out asap by myself.

I have never ever been able to stay away from listening to samples, and I've never found it to ruin my listening experience, so I'm listening to those the minute I see they've been posted. And while I usually try not to listen to the entire soundtrack before seeing the movie, I really will not be able to wait a whole 2 months, knowing that everyone else is picking it apart, so I'm sure I'll listen to the whole thing once, maybe twice, and hopefully that'll be enough to tide me over. I'm dying to hear new music from JW, but I also don't want to become too familiar with it beforehand, especially if I wind up having to resort to a crappy downloaded copy (I'll of course buy it in stores once it's released here in the States :P)

And I've only read Red Rackham's Treasure (couldn't find the other two this movie is based on), so I'm mostly a Tintin virgin. I get the gist of the main characters, the sense of humor, the design, but everything I know about Herge's universe is limited to that story.

WHO are you going to see Tintin with (the first time, if you plan to see it more than once)?

I might go and see it with my GF, if she has any interest in seeing a cartoon. As a trade-off I may have to watch a romantic comedy with her though....

WHEN are you going to see Tintin?

Somewhere in the opening week, most likely.

WHEN will you listen to the Original Soundtrack Album of Tintin for the first time?

Not sure yet. Sometimes I wanna experience it in the movie first.

Are you going to listen to the Tintin samples once they become available?

No. I wanna hear it on CD first.

Are you familiar with the Tintin comics (or are you in the process of getting to know them)?

Must have read them all at some point.

I'll be seeing it with my gf and maybe a couple of friends within a week of its release. I'll be listening to the score the instant it leaks but only very sparingly - just to see whether or not I like what I hear, nothing more; I don't like musical "spoilers" - I prefer to hear a score properly for the first time during the cinema experience itself. That is how I gauge score quality.

I used to know very well the comics when I was a child, but nowadays the plots themselves are but a faint memory. I don't actually remember how Secret of the Unicorn plays out and so I'm looking forward to being surprised by the twists and turns. I don't understand why someone like Jason would want to be spoiled beforehand.

I'm not going to listen to anything until I get the CD.

And only then when I can devote the time for a proper dedicated dark room listen.

This experience must be savored.

I'm not going to listen to anything until I get the CD.

And only then when I can devote the time for a proper dedicated dark room listen.

This experience must be savored.

I agree with you there.

Damn, I want the CD NOW! :)

Does anyone else do their first listen naked?

Is that some weird Dutch ritual or just one of your own proclivities?

Does anyone else do their first listen naked?

Is that some weird Dutch ritual or just one of your own proclivities?

Dunno, but he always asks this before a JW release... :P