John Ottman - X2: X-Men United (Expanded La-La Land Release)

Jay

This is on sale right now if you can travel to the San Diego Comic Con, otherwise it will go up for sale on La-La Land's website Thursday July 19th at 1pm PST.

So there's been no official press release or track listing posted yet, however, I found the track list online and figured I'd start the thread now.

Source:http://whoo.warmbutter.com/cds/x2.php

x2-cover.jpgx2-tray-outside.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the sessions so it seems everything is practically on there. I see they did combine some of the smaller cues IE: Disc 1 Track 6, which is understandable. "Wolverine To The Rescue" is a combination of "If You Really Knew" and "Getting Out Alive".

I've never heard the original version of "Evolution Leaps Forward", so that will be interesting to hear.

I am surprised they didn't include the alternate for "Main Titles" which is different from the one heard in the film.

this might be a purchase for me. Love everything about this film, I can play the score in my head.

I've never heard the original version of "Evolution Leaps Forward", so that will be interesting to hear.

Apparently, this was partially released on the original album.

So can I throw out the sessions discs? Our will I have to keep both?

I would hang onto the Sessions, just in case. I will be hanging on to them and compare both once I get my copy from Movie Music.

• 2 weeks later...

I got X-Men 2 in the mail today. A huge heart warm felt thanks goes to Jason to helping me secure a signed copy.

The liner notes are rather disappointing as they are done by Daniel Schweiger. There is virtually no actual true breakdown of how cues were recorded. All it mentions is just what scenes accompany the music.

I'm very puzzled as to why they didn't include the alternate "Opening Titles". What I thought was the alternate from the sessions is actually the film version.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my copy arrived on Tuesday and my first impressions are pretty good, but I'm surprised this doesn't include more additional music.

Well, my copy arrived on Tuesday and my first impressions are pretty good, but I'm surprised this doesn't include more additional music.

What do you mean? This is the complete score, much longer than the OST. The only thing that's really missing is the alternate of "Main Titles".

Is the alternate Main Titles available anywhere? I am not super familiar with this one but do like it quite a bit and I enjoy listening to alternate ideas for things. :)

What do you mean? This is the complete score, much longer than the OST. The only thing that's really missing is the alternate of "Main Titles".

I know this is the complete score. But I thought there were more alternate cues.