True Detective

Thanks, Quintus! This old Joey theory that I only like that what is unknown, unloved and obscure has always been incorrect. Only a Joey thinks like that.

That being said, eppy 7, which I just saw, is probably the weakest of the season. They are probably saving it for the season's finale.

Only 8 episodes?! Grrrr!

Alex

You do like to reckon you're opposed to popular widely loved entertainments when it suits you though. You were trapped in by Breaking Bad because you already loved it just before it became a mainstream phenomenon. Damn these casuals for liking the same thing as me! ;)

What happens in eppy 7? I can't remember, but I don't recall it being weak.

If that were true I would've detested Guardians Of The Galaxy, Winter Soldier or The Hunger Games, just a name a few of the latest super popular movies. And what about The Sopranos?! I saw it many years later while fully realizing it was a worldwide phenomenon.

In episode 7, Matthew asks Woody to help him and it's basically a whole episode of him bringing Woody up to speed after all those years. Not really interesting unless you are really into detective shit. Woody's over-the-top reaction when he saw the vid ... Meh.

Alex

Lol I found his reaction acting to be awkward there as well. But really any scene with those two together tends to be dynamite.

That was actually one of the few things that bothered me alongside the sherrif's reaction to the video on the boat, which was even worse.

They shouldn't make those emotions too big. That's never a good thing. What Matthew did, when Woody was watching the vid, was a lot more dramatically effective.

Other than that, I really like Woody's performance.

They shouldn't make those emotions too big. That's never a good thing. What Matthew did, when Woody was watching the vid, was a lot more dramatically effective.

Other than that, I really like Woody's performance.

Yup. No complaints from me either. Both leads did a great job. It is one of the few recent shows where I found myself invested in the main characters to such a large degree.

:lol:

I dunno, maybe it's harder than we might think to portray those sorts of emotional or disgusted reactions.

It must have been one heck of a video to elicit that amount of screaming from the sheriff though.

But the moment could have been more effective if it wasn't so over-the-top.

Of course, it had to motivate the reason why Woody left the police force in the first place, but instead of motivating, it overexplained.

You do like to reckon you're opposed to popular widely loved entertainments when it suits you though. You were trapped in by Breaking Bad because you already loved it just before it became a mainstream phenomenon. Damn these casuals for liking the same thing as me! ;)

What happens in eppy 7? I can't remember, but I don't recall it being weak.

Alex discovered Breaking Bad before it became huge, so he can still claim to be ahead of popular opinion.

He cant to TD too late, all the "normal" folk already proclaimed it the best thing since sliced bread. So naturally there must be something wrong with it.

Anyway Alex, are you enjoying how the show takes two stock characters of the police genre (the obsessed cop on the edge and the family man) and turn many of the conventions up side down?

I already refuted Quintus' theory. See post above.

I discovered Breaking Bad through Morlock who advised it to me. As you might remember, Morlock and I were like opposite poles, and yet, I had to admit to Morlock he was right about BB.

So it's over now. What do we know about the next season? I've heard the director, Woody and Matthew are not returning so that means a new story and new characters. New writer too?

• 4 weeks later...

You may be big and fat, or uglier than seen, all the ladies shut you out, you wonderin' how to get in.
Well here is my advice, for how to make a splash, you can have your pick of girls, if you've only got a moustache.
A moustache, a moustache, if you've only got a moustache.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow wasn't expecting a trailer alraedy, I thought they were still filming for a while yet

Wow! It begins airing on June 21st? Holy crap!

HBO must have demanded it be made part of this Emmy cycle and not the next....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm telling you, they'll do like three or four seemingly unrelated cases, then have one kickass final season where we learn it's all connected and the detectives join forces!