Do you *really* think Shore's LOTR is as good as Williams' Star Wars OT?

Ricard

John Willams' Star Wars OT vs. Howard Shore's The Lord of the Rings  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which one's better?

• John Williams' Star Wars Original Trilogy (Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi)
    • Howard Shore's The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King)
    • They are both equally good

Shhh, that's not the kind of divisive, self-congratulatory sentiment that's being sought after here! ;)

OK, I give up. Why lock a thread containing such valuable, non-redundant posts?

"Fascinating. Tell me more!"

Please do! :)

This seems like a good place to tease two upcoming threads from me: thematic guides to Zimmer's Inception and The Dark Knight Rises. They're finally nearly complete! I expect to see all of you there, especially you Ricard.

This seems like a good place to tease two upcoming threads from me: thematic guides to Zimmer's Inception and The Dark Knight Rises. They're finally nearly complete! I expect to see all of you there, especially you Ricard.

Is there a Zimmer subforum where you might post those? On another messageboard!

;) I kid! I kid!

Or do I? :eek:

Rest easy Incanus. They will be the instruments of your liberation, opening your mind to the greatness of Zimmer, freeing you from the shackles, self-imposed and otherwise, that have dragged your mind away from the light of unbiased appreciation and unabashed enjoyment of what is truly good.

This is heresy I say! How dare you defy our dear Lord and Saviour, John Towner Williams, with this foul blasphemy!

By the way, I wasn't kidding about this. I'm hoping to have them up by tonight, tomorrow at the latest. I think they prove that there is quite a bit of depth to these scores despite prevailing opinions. I'm really excited about it and had a great time writing them up. Even more excited about the total lack of attention that will be paid to them here. ;)

To give this thread a shred of dignity, happy birthday, KK!

Happy birthday friendo!