James Horner's Top 10 Scores

Uni

Yeah, but come on! You have an expert biologist going all like: "Here, kiddie, kiddie, kiddie! Come on, don't be shy!" when he first encounters a new extraterrestrial lifeform. I mean, seriously?

Well it's not entirely different what Kane did when he approached the hatching egg. When I see something creepy and slimy open, I run the other way.

And a girl who runs straight away from falling objects instead of just running to the side

It was entirely unclear in what direction that enormous ship would fall. So running in any other direction could've killed her too.

You're literally the only person on this board besides Thor who liked it

No. I rather liked it, too.

Haha I did too. I mean, I don't have any strong feelings about it either way but I lean positive. I also wasn't all that invested in the hype since I had actually only just seen Alien and Aliens shortly beforehand, so maybe that made a difference. But I liked Fassbender, Rapace, Theron, and Elba and thought it was dumb fun, it's like a 6-7 out of 10 movie. Lots of stuff has gotten a pass for the same or worse on here. The C-section and the dust storm were pretty thrilling and it's one of the more visually interesting blockbusters of the last 5 years. Everybody talks about it here like it's one of the worst movies ever made when it's not even Ridley's worst this decade.

That would be The Counselor. Terrible! Can't wait for his The Martian movie. Hope it'll be as thrilling as the book.

Yes, The Counselor is awful...repulsive. I also thought Robin Hood was incredibly dull and lifeless. At least Prometheus had some visual dynamism and a sense of humor. Haven't seen Exodus yet, though, but The Martian could be interesting.

Scott isn't good anymore anyway, but perhaps the shittiness of The Counselor had something to do with his brother dying during production.

Or that Cormac McCarthy can't write a screenplay :P

Aesthetically the film was fine, it's just the dialogue and story that was a mess.

ATTENTION MODERATORS: The board has developed some kind of glitch that now seems to be replicating posts from the thread about Prometheus and putting them here, in a post about the top ten scores composed by James Horner (who didn't write the score for Prometheus and has never worked with Ridley Scott). We need to get tech support on this right away. . . . :sarcasm:

Since the conversation's here 'n' all, though . . . for the record, and speaking as a lifelong Alien fan, Prometheus was a terrible movie.

Now that that's out of the way, if we can back on topic again: I'm writing up my own list at the moment, and hope to post it in a little while here. I'm thinking that I'm going to publish the final results of the poll next Monday at exactly 9:30 PDT (the four-week mark). That gives everyone another week to finalize their ideas and post them—or revise their previous lists, if they choose.

My favorite James Horner scores

1. Braveheart

2. Willow

3. Titanic

4. Legends of the Fall

6. Apollo 13

7. Field of Dreams

8. A Beautiful Mind

9. Cocoon

10. Mask of Zorro

Solid list, though nothing from his earliest period.

Wrath of Kahn and Aliens?

Wrath Of Khan is one of his very best!

I have a sudden desire for an Indiana Jones reboot with a female lead.

LOL

Cute! But I hope a reboot never happens.

It will. It's an economic certainty that they ill try to make more money from this franchise.

I know Wrath of Kahn is one of his most respected scores but I don't know it very well.

I know they will eventually reboot Indiana Jones with someone who isn't Harrison Ford....But that doesn't mean I have to like it ;)

He should of had a daughter in Crystal Skulls instead of a Shia. Then we could have a spinoff series

I have a sudden desire for an Indiana Jones reboot with a female lead.

Carolina Clark. . . ?

1. Braveheart

2. Willow

3. Titanic

4. Legends of the Fall

6. Apollo 13

7. Field of Dreams

8. A Beautiful Mind

9. Cocoon

10. Mask of Zorro

That is a solid list, except . . . there's no #5 entry. I can't tabulate it properly without that info. Did you leave something out of the middle, or just skip a number and leave the last one off? In either case, you get one more choice.

1. Braveheart

2. Willow

3. Titanic

4. Legends of the Fall

6. Apollo 13

7. Field of Dreams

8. A Beautiful Mind

9. Cocoon

10. Mask of Zorro

5. Krull

Yes? :drool:

YES ?????? :w00t:

If so, you and I have the same top 5 (though not in that order). I'm not sure what this means.

ooops :sarcasm: I skipped #5 completely.

1. Braveheart

2. Willow

3. Titanic

4. Legends of the Fall

5. The New World

6. Apollo 13

7. Field of Dreams

8. A Beautiful Mind

9. Cocoon

10. Mask of Zorro

1. Braveheart

2. Willow

3. Titanic

4. Legends of the Fall

6. Apollo 13

7. Field of Dreams

8. A Beautiful Mind

9. Cocoon

10. Mask of Zorro

5. Krull

Yes? :drool:

YES ?????? :w00t:

If so, you and I have the same top 5 (though not in that order). I'm not sure what this means.

I'm ashamed to admit I've never heard of Krull :(

Probably because the film itself is fairly obscure and the score was actually quite hard to obtain until a few years ago.

In essence it's Star trek The Wrath Of Khan played by the LSO.

No! No! No !!!!!! :eek:

Krull is an orchestral tour de force that is quite a bit more than just a retread of TWOK.