What Williams Score would you pick to be released complete as a sessions box set?

RICHARDSTRAUSS68

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

They're waiting for the POA sessions to leak before releasing the complete scores.

Williams will veto all releases of POA until he knows the sessions have leaked from Warner Bros' impenetrable music archive vault.

As soon as Mike mentioned in that podcast that the JP boxset happened because of the JP LTTP concerts, I immediately wondered if that meant we'd get new versions of ET, Raiders, and the Harry Potters.  Obviously, we already have new versions of Jurassic Park, Home Alone and Jaws.

Warner Brothers seems happy to license out their old films, and LLL has a great track record with them so I have hopes for the Harry Potters. Of course sometimes with these huge franchises, the studios like to keep the rights so they can put out something themselves, then seem to never do so.  

ET is Universal - and after BTTF 1-3, Jaws 1-4 and JP 1-2, with word that JP3 is coming - I would think ET is more possible than ever!

Raiders is Disney now, and I doubt they'd ever let a specialty label work on it - or Star Wars either.  Hopefully if they ever put out expanded releases of their Lucasfilm scores themselves, they hire Mike Matessino to produce them.

It's very unlikely they will license out big franchises like Indiana Jones, or especially Star wars to one of the speciality labels. So yeah. Them hiring Matessino is the best we can hope for. It's certainly possible. He's got proven experience on Star Wars already, and Williams knows who he is now.

Let's hope.

21 minutes ago, Jay said:

maxresdefault.jpg (1280×720)

I finally put my finger on why this CG likeness has bugged me. The eyes are too high! And her face is too stretched vertically. Carrie's face in ANH was softer and more round.

leia.jpg

Anyway, hopefully MM can do Star Wars for Lucasfilm if they pursue remasters because I also doubt they'll license it out when they can release on Disney Records.

They seem to be in an archival mode at the moment, considering they just did a remaster of the first film in 4K (must have been a nightmare with all the changes Lucas apparently made to the OCN).

The more I compare the two the more wrong it looks. The eyes are very different if you block out the rest of her face.

Ah, now I feel sad again thinking about Carrie and Debbie. :(

It will...at midnight on December 31st.

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

What's this? People suddenly saying the CG look like shit now that Mrs. Fisher is dead even though they originally said it looked fine? What a bunch of hypocrits!

I had not seen any footage of the CG CF until I saw the above-posted image. Dead or not ( and my prayers are with all the family), it still looks fake.

Ps  it's spelt "hypocrites". 

28 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Top 3

1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Akzaban

2. Star Wars Episode One The Phantom Menace 

3. Minority Report

Man if I had those sessions to Azkaban I would listen to them all day 

On 12/19/2016 at 3:10 AM, dillweed97 said:

Mine personally would have to be  Close Encounters of the Third Kind because how much I love it.

On 12/19/2016 at 7:30 AM, Richard said:

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND,

On 12/19/2016 at 7:55 AM, dillweed97 said:

Samme here so many wonders with it I bet!

On 12/19/2016 at 10:56 AM, Bryant Burnette said:

Close Encounters is the first thing that comes to mind.

18 hours ago, hornist said:

Ditto.

That would be my choice too. In a more realistic scenario, I'm pretty sure 2017 will bring us the complete, 2CD release this masterpiece deserves.

6 hours ago, Richard said:

Who's this guy?

Use the Chrome browser when browsing the internet.  Any picture you see you don't recognize, right click on the picture and choose "Search Google for Image".  There's your answer.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Firefox doesn't have something similar by now?

What's a Clint Eastwood movie got to do with anything?

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Use the Chrome browser when browsing the internet.  Any picture you see you don't recognize, right click on the picture and choose "Search Google for Image".  There's your answer.

I'm sorry, Jay, you lost me after

"Chrome".

Surely you're aware if you're using Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, or something else to browse the web?