Will Scott Hanson Ever Update His Web Page?

Lurker

Will Scott Hanson Ever Update His Web Page?  

23 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Who Cares?

Before Ricard made this the home for John Williams fans, there was Scott Hanson's web page. I'm just wondering if Hanson even remembers having a web page and if so, why has nothing been done to it in over 3 years. Will it ever be updated? Decide for yourself. The Unofficial John Williams Home Page.

Neil

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my knowledge, Mr. Hanson stoped working on his apge because his family began to grow. I have to say that I understand him very well.

As for your question, I do care, and I do hope he sometime gets back to it, but if he will... I really can't imagine!

I was doing a lot of reviews for him, and he was making copies of many of his CDs so I could review them for the site. And then, one day, he wrote to me saying he was starting graduate school (or some kind of school) and it would take a lot of his time. That was in early 2000, right before "The Patriot," and I haven't heard from him since.

This site is better, if only for the message boards, but I had a lot of fun writing score reviews, as some of my surviving alumni could tell you.

And since he lives in Boston, he had lots of access to Williams during his tenure at the Boston Pops, and during the recording of "Saving Private Ryan." Lucky him.

I hope Scott is reading this. Scott, come back!!!!!! :music:

Jeff -- who misses Scott Hanson :cry:

I understand one cannot turn back all the years and land up back in the 1998. But just for curiosity I would love to just for the sake of reliving it all over again. It was a magical year, pure happiness and musical saturation. That year of 1998 was absolutely a key breakpoint, literally a kickoff for building my JW collection. Through some internet search engine I found Scott Hanson's page and it was the beginning. Without his site, dare I say, I would have not been able to locate and get to know the bulk of music the "Man of Seven Years in Tibet" has been responsible for.

This site is better, if only for the message boards, but I had a lot of fun writing score reviews, as some of my surviving alumni could tell you.
Your reviews, Jeff? :mrgreen:

I was printing them out (not only yours, of course) back then and have them all filed in a folder and I like to read in them from time to time. Great job, man; they came in handy on plentiful occasions when I was deciding for a particular product; so you also have your share on the shape of my JW's repertoire.

I hope Scott is reading this. Scott, come back!!!!!! :sleepy:
I am echoing this.

Roman.-)

I was printing them out (not only yours, of course) back then and have them all filed in a folder and I like to read in them from time to time. Great job, man; they came in handy on plentiful occasions when I was deciding for a particular product; so you also have your share on the shape of my JW's repertoire.

That's great to hear, buddy. I'm glad I was able to help you out.

When I wrote my three reviews for the page back in '97 or so, Scott gave me an incredible response to them. I was pleased to have contributed, and would have done more if I weren't cut off from the net for the following three years.

When I came back to it in January of 2000 (the same month as his final update), my first action was to e-mail him and express an interest in submitting more reviews. I never got a response. As I checked back in with the site over the following months, my heart sank deeper each time I found it frozen in time.

I'd love to talk to Scott again, but frankly I doubt it's going to happen. He seems to have permanently given up on the site, and after this long, his life has doubtless undergone so much change that returning to it is probably the last thing on his mind. Still, there's a legacy there that will serve anyone who finds the page and wants to learn more about our favorite composer.

And, in the long run....I'd have to say that I like this place better anyway. The community that's been established on these boards alone surpasses any other site on the net, if you ask me. :angry:

- Uni

Scott was a wonderful webmaster and a great guy to boot. I got my first recording of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom from him on a little tape in the mail, and I nearly wore out the dang thing playing it over and over. He even included a surprise on the tape, that is, he also recorded the entire Varese Dracula album onto it. Quite a guy. He was very helpful and encouraging of me back in the early days of my JW obsession, and was crucial in spreading my quaintly immature reviews too (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? I give it 11 stars!!!)

Good times, good times.

• 2 weeks later...

My name is John Zambelis and including Jimmy Spanos and Kostas Anagnostou we were the original web masters of Scott Hanson's page.

When we left the university at aboyt 1997 we gave the page to him.

No problem. In the beginning everything was great!

Unfortunatelly at some point I agreed to give him the expanded edition i myself made in 1998. And some other cd's as well. In return he would send me some cd-r 's .

I send him all my cd's and he told that he was thrilled when he got them.

Unfortunatelly I never got mine.

Furthermore he stopped answering my e-mails and at some point he disappeared completely.

I am in Greece and he is in America so there was nothing I could do.

By the way after that the Hook expanded edition CD started to pop up in every film music site I Knew and many people got it after paying lots of money.

That is Scott Hanson

Bye guys

Trust no-one

• 3 weeks later...

Well, apparently Scott is still active in the film music world. This was a response he wrote thatwas in the May 9 "Film Score Friday" edition on Film Score Monthly's Web site:

SUBJECT: Philip Glass re-correction  

Cary Wong had it right the first time, but really it depends on your point of view.

I'm thinking about writing to him.

• 3 months later...

Can't anybody with website knowledge update it???

It is comprehensive and has an excellent design. I still use it from time to time as a checklist for my pre-2000 release library or needing quick track titles on the fly.

Would he let people work on updating it? That would be fantastic. This is the place for news and message boards, but IMO, that place still is #1 in terms of covering pre-2000 release CDs.

My name is John Zambelis and including Jimmy Spanos and Kostas Anagnostou we were the original web masters of Scott Hanson's page.  

When we left the university at aboyt 1997 we gave the page to him.

No problem. In the beginning everything was great!

Unfortunatelly at some point I agreed to give him the expanded edition i myself made in 1998. And some other cd's as well. In return he would send me some cd-r 's .  

I send him all my cd's and he told that he was thrilled when he got them.  

Unfortunatelly I never got mine.  

Furthermore he stopped answering my e-mails and at some point he disappeared completely.  

I am in Greece and he is in America so there was nothing I could do.

By the way after that the Hook expanded edition CD started to pop up in every film music site I Knew and many people got it after paying lots of money.  

That is Scott Hanson

Bye guys

Trust no-one

Whoa. :music:

Maybe he forgot and lost his ability to contact?

I know I have done trades and just flat out forgot that I owed something. I, of course, always send, even if it's late. Sometimes I just need a reminder. :oops:

Can't anybody with website knowledge update it???

It is comprehensive and has an excellent design. I still use it from time to time as a checklist for my pre-2000 release library or needing quick track titles on the fly.

Would he let people work on updating it? That would be fantastic. This is the place for news and message boards, but IMO, that place still is #1 in terms of covering pre-2000 release CDs.

Exactly what I think.

Maybe Jeff Eldridge could take the whole thing over for his site?? (The John Williams Web Pages at www.johnwilliams.org) That one used to be very complete as well but since it has been renewed some sections are after two years or so still not back online, although it's news section is still being updated.

MSM - who, before joining JWFan, used Jeff's page as his primary JW source