The Force Awakens VS. The Last Jedi   

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which score do you prefer?

• The Force Awakens
    • The Last Jedi
  2. 2. Which movie do you prefer?

• The Force Awakens
    • The Last Jedi

Score: Even though I really liked the new thematic material in TFA, I’d have to go with TLJ on this one. I just can’t stand the mixing technique of TFA. I believe it’s one of the very rare JW soundtrack albums where I have to lower the volume during certain parts, especially when trumpets are playing equal or louder than forte. The loudness of the trumpets and French horns over other instruments, especially in fortissimo tutti parts just makes some parts of the score really unbearable. TLJ has a much better mix, it’s dynamically more interesting in terms of its prequel-esque writing, thematic development and use of existing themes.

Movie: I’ll go with TFA on this one. I’ve had many issues with TLJ, even though I kinda appreciated some aspects of it. We simply need stronger, more menacing bad guys and not make them look like clowns in every chance. Even though we know the good guys are gonna win at the end, their victory would seem more meaningful and heroic if they actually had to put up a strong fight against them.