New Jerry Goldsmith Projects in 2019?

Brundlefly

59 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Fuck, we are about to get a complete Air Force One!!!

And if that's really it, it raises the question of how literally we should take Neil. For if it's coming out this Friday already, surely this means he's not working on it anymore.

On 9/25/2019 at 2:27 PM, publicist said:

I did a small suite that kind of nutshells it:

:worship:

Thank you for that!  I just listened and I freaking love it.  Why did I not hear this score sooner?  This is a really good one!

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

What's the situation with Ransom (1975)?  I just listened to the OST and kinda dug it.  Not a revelation, but very enjoyable.

Tapes lost; shitty sounding weird LP (one side in mono, the other in stereo, three cues repeated in the program instead of including other cues from the score of which there are several good ones) is all we have, and even the tapes for that are lost.

A re-recording seems like the best bet for this one.

Yavar

The OST does sound like shit. There's an excellent suite on Tadlow's The Salamander album. If the tapes can't be found, a Prague re-recording would be an excellent alternative.

• 4 weeks later...

Copy-and-pasting this from the Varese thread since some of these are not Varese-owned titles:

Just thought I'd give you a heads up, @Brundlefly -- if you check out the FSM board from the past couple days, I have updated many unexpanded (and some totally unreleased) Goldsmith scores, based on some official complete cue lists I found on the Academy's website (of their written score library holdings). Something like Mr. Baseball is only missing a handful of short single-page cues (so probably around a minute or so each, and about as much music as was missing total from the original Varese DE of The Omen, compared with their later 40th Anniversary edition). But other scores like City Hall, Medicine Man, and especially the partially-rejected Love Field, we now know just how many cues remain unreleased (and we don't have timings-as-performed, but we do know how many pages of music manuscript they are). Here's my Love Field post, for example, since it's the most interesting:
https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=138078&forumID=1&archive=0

In other cases like for The Chairman, S*P*Y*S, etc. I bumped existing threads (many of them Complete Score Breakdowns by myself or DeputyRiley).

Yavar