Happy Birthday Mr. Lucas!

Dr. Jones

OK...maybe you just wanted to forget that it`s his 59th Birthday but.....

Happy Birthday!

:P:fouetaa:

I think he did a great job with inventing Indiana Jones, Star Wars and also Willow. We have to thank him a lot in that case. I´m 16 years old and I´m also grown up with the original Star Wars movies (VHS Tapes of course) and when I saw the Special Edition in the Cinema I even loved them more than the original ones. But thas my opinion. And the prequels........ :roll: . Finally thats really an arguement of different flavours. But to say it short:

Thank you guy that you invented the whole Star Wars Universe 25 years ago and again -

Happy Birthday

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a real fan of his but like you said we realy have to thank him for alot of things so, HAPPY BIRFDAY!!!!

Happy birthday Mr. Lucas!!! :)

And thank you for Episode II, one of the best films I've seen in the last years (and maybe the best SW film). A real gift for us, the fans.

And thank you for Episode II, one of the best films I've seen in the last years (and maybe the best SW film). A real gift for us, the fans.

Your sarcasm is not appropriate in a thread meant to honor this man. That was sarcasm, right? There's no way you could really mean that, is there?

Neil

Neil, down boy. I love AOTC. We disagree remember? But let's keep this thread off the debate and just wish Lucas a happy birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE!

dear strilo,

there is no Lucas thread without debate LOL

Neil,

it was not sarcasm. I really wanted to thank him for AOTC, but didn't get the chance to do it before :)

That was sarcasm, right? There's no way you could really mean that, is there?

Your cynicism is not appropriate in a thread meant to honor this man. :)

Justin - :)

P.S. Happy B-Day George Lucas!

I wonder if the tinkering with the star wars movies will continue even after Lucas is six feet under ground.

Tim wrote:

I wonder if the tinkering with the star wars movies will continue even after Lucas is six feet under ground.

Haha, signature-approved line.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Your sarcasm is not appropriate in a thread meant to honor this man. That was sarcasm, right? There's no way you could really mean that, is there?

Neil

Er...

Happy birthday Mr. Lucas!  

Neil

And what the heck was that? :P:):)

Happy Birthday, George, and thanks for everything :P

Exactly Steef. I absolutely love Raiders of the Lost Ark and Star Wars. American Grafitti is also a very good movie.

Neil

Well it sounded starge, thats' it.

Yeah, Yeah, Make him the best gift: Just critizise him, not beat him up. :eyeroll:

Luke, whose sarcasm is ununderstood (sp?!?!?) by his sarcastic fellows....

The truth is, I was really perplexed by scissorhands comment. It was so gushing, that it sounded completely cynical and sarcastic, but I wasn't quite sure as usually a post like that would be written by Rogue_Leader or me. :wave: Initially even I was tempted to post "I hope you blow out the candles the way your last movie blew", but I found that rather disrespectful and went with the simple happy birthday, and I stand by it.

I hope Mr. Lucas did have a happy birthday. And Mr. Lucas, thank you for Star Wars, truly one of the greatest films ever made.

Neil

It was so gushing, that it sounded completely cynical and sarcastic
My posts are often gushing. :wave: I really feel what I say in my posts.

Or maybe it's just this Bellucci avatar that alters me

I was going to send him a Birthday Card but unfortunately my local Hallmark Store informed me they don't come with enormous jaws that shut like a bear trap when you open them. :sadwavey:

OK OK Happy Birthday George!

Thank you for the ORIGINAL SW Trilogy and Indiana Jones (even though you didn't have much to do with that).

Happy birthday, Mr. Lucas. Thank you for changing the world of the movies.

even if you don't like his latest stuff, without him the LOTR movies and the Matrix movies, for example, probably would have not been made.

Thank you for the ORIGINAL SW Trilogy and Indiana Jones (even though you didn't have much to do with that).

Yeah, he only created the character and came up with the plots and produced them (whatever that means). :roll:

Neil

I've also seen Spileberg interviews where he says Lucas was heavily involved in the editing of Raiders of the Lost Ark.