X-Men 2 Music

I have yet to see this movie, but I heard that the opening scene with Nightcrawler's attack on the White House is scored with Ottman's adaptation of 'Dies Irae'. Is this the same one that was in the trailer for the Harry Potter Quidditch videogame trailer posted on the 'Other Topics'?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anger... leads to hate ... hate leads to suffering

so no I'm not agrivated, but I just have had some difficult tests so I'm not in an very good mood at the moment

sorry

Anger... leads to hate ... hate leads to suffering

so no I'm not agrivated, but I just have had some difficult tests so I'm not in an very good mood at the moment

sorry

I know the feeling. :roll:

John Ottman's score for this film isn't any better than Kamen's for the first film. Both scores are VERY lacking.

Agreed. Both Lacked Themes. Although, I think Ottman's was better in packing an emotional punch....than Kamen's score.. I found "Logan and Rogue" to be that great

Difference between Mozart's and Verdi's Dies Irae???

It's the musical notes.

In case anyone's interested, I ripped the Dies Irae version from the Cliffhanger trailer, which is pretty different than any other version you've heard, it's very unique and very good.

I also did not feel X2 was a much better film than X-Men 1 like evertone was saying it supposedly was.

In many ways it was a weaker film for me.

How was it a weaker film?

Overall lackluster storyline: The killing everyone on the planet using Cerebro set a standard for new levels of cornyness.

Terrible villian: I really enjoy the actor who played the villian but the character was poorly written and badly executed in the film.

Boring action: With the exception of a few scenes I was bored during much of the "action" sequences in the film.

Badly developed characters: So much of the film felt like a waste the way they handled the lame storylines of certain characters. The only one they really did well was Nightcrawler.

I have more issues with the film but that is enough for now I think.

Is there any particular difference between the two?

Please, listen to them both. This question is insulting for both composers and makes you look superficial when you are really not. They are masterpieces both of them, plainly amazing.

Then you are certain to enjoy Alan Menken's, from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Same response as above :sigh:

I respect Menken, I respect you more, but these are Verdi and Mozart we are talking about.

Heir_of_Slytherin wrote:  

Is there any particular difference between the two?  

Please, listen to them both. This question is insulting for both composers and makes you look superficial when you are really not. They are masterpieces both of them, plainly amazing.  

Charlesk, I am extremly sorry for my uninformed remark, as I have stated many times, however, is that I'm only fourteen years old and started listening to music seriously about only four years ago. I hope I didn't offend you, Verdi, or Mozart; the name of the song is the same, so I didn't understand how different they could be.

The lyrics are taken from the Requiem Mass, on which both works are based. They are not directly related to each other at all though.

Marian - hoping Mr. Voldemort will listen to both soon. ;)

:sigh: Love's Labour's Lost (Patrick Doyle)

The Compete score for X2 gives justice to the score, where the single disc release fails. It is mos definitively better than the first one by Kamen, but still X-men 1 is an awesome score as well.

Looking forward to X3 with Ottman at the helm again!

Matt

I find that X2 (film) is better than the first because there is more to see and feel. Ottmann's Score is more directly than the one from Kamen, but I couldn't decide to which one I feel is better.

(sorry for my bad english)

I did not know your name either, that's why i adressed the A.I. promo to Heir_of_Slytherin.  

Even after a few conversations with our missing in action friend Harry Potter he still refused to tell me his name.

Justin -Wondering if Voldemort finally got him... ;)