T-Rex Rescue And Finale

Does anyone else know about whether John Williams actually had anything to do with the T-Rex being the hero at the end of JP? I found it at IMDB.com.

"The ending where the T-rex saves the day was added when the production team and John Williams decided that it was the hero of the film."

http://us.imdb.com/Trivia?0107290.

~Conor

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think maybe they mean the way the music goes there paints Trex as the hero of the film. But the way it was really scored was horrific, not triumphant.

Maybe it was decided partially by Williams. But didn't he see it for the first time when it was finished shooting?

It was an all CGI scene,so it was added later. Maybe when Williams spotted the film Spielberg still wasn't sure how to end the movie and Williams' comment sparked an idea.

K.M.

In "The Making of Jurassic Park", both book and documentary, Spielberg clearly states that it was his idea to have the T-Rex save the day at the end of the movie. So I would guess that trivia is a reference to the change from the carnivore motif we get in the CD to the big fanfare we hear on the film.

The ending of the film was changed, but what I heard was that this was done only after Spielberg realized what was possible with computer generated effects. I don't think Williams had anything to do with the narrative change.

Do not believe everything you read at the Internet Movie Database.

Neil

This bit of trivia is also shocking:

At the very end of the film when it says "A Steven Spielberg Film" you hear the five notes from Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) slightly modified.

I wonder who writes these.

This bit of trivia is also shocking:
At the very end of the film when it says "A Steven Spielberg Film" you hear the five notes from Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) slightly modified.

I wonder who writes these.

I think that's the raptor leitmotif, used in the movie and it sequels (specially loud in JPIII)

Is it really an intended modification of Close encounters?

Of course not. Some schmoe just wanted to be interesting.

Besides, the raptor motif is four notes, CE3K is five.

- Marc, who gets annoyed by trivia's like these.

:) The Shark Cage Fugue from Jaws

When the End Credits start in the movie we hear a massively orchestrated 5 note section of Theme to Jurassic Park(about 1 minute into the track Welcome to Jurassic Park) similar in style to the full orchestra rendition of the 5 note motif at the end of Ce3K.Maybe thats what he means.

K.M.

I may have found it, at 2:56 into Welcome to JP. It's kind of in the middle of a fullblown phrase of the main theme, and on the beat at 2:56 begins five notes that when heard separately from the rest of the music coul sound like the CE3K theme. But it's a stretch, and I would be very surprised if it was deliberate.

Ray Barnsbury

I think he means at the very end of the Welcome to Jurassic Park cue, when the Carnivore Motif plays very slowly and the title "A Movie by Steven Spielberg" rolls up.

I keep calling that motif the Carnivore Motif. That's an invention of mine, since it only seems to represent the "meat-eating" dinosaurs, not just the T-Rex (that scene where the T-Rex chases the jeep) nor the velociraptors (the kitchen scene, f.e.). Anybody agrees?

hmm,i checked and i meant the part at the 1.35 mark,but guess we should stop bothering about what this nonsence.

k.m

I think he means at the very end of the Welcome to Jurassic Park cue, when the Carnivore Motif plays very slowly and the title "A Movie by Steven Spielberg" rolls up.

I keep calling that motif the Carnivore Motif. That's an invention of mine, since it only seems to represent the "meat-eating" dinosaurs, not just the T-Rex (that scene where the T-Rex chases the jeep) nor the velociraptors (the kitchen scene, f.e.). Anybody agrees?

That theme ahs a very King-Kong-esque quality to it.