Who Is Trelawney?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ocelot

Now that shooting is finished on the 3rd film does ANYONE know who played Trelawney??????????????????

I know she's pretty prominent in the new book and NO I haven't started it yet, so no spoilers in this thread please. I just want to know who is playing her!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No info has been released to my knowledge. It seems to be a mystery worthy of J.K. Rowling herself, minus the many well-placed red herrings.

I don't know who's doing Trellawny, but on imdb it said that Timothy Spall (of the Mike Leigh films) is going to be Pettigew and that David Thewlis (Naked, Dragonheart, Seven years in Tibet) is going to be Lupin!

Together with Gray Oldman, Michael Gambon and Alan Rickman, this is shaping up to the finest British cast since Gosford Park!

I don't know. But I do know that filming is NOT finished. They just wrapped at Glencoe, and are probably now just shooting elsewhere.

- Marc

I am beginning to think that I may be right in that Trelawney may end up being a CGI character, only time will tell. She is a very important character, whose importance grows with each book.

this is shaping up to the finest British cast since Gosford Park!

Yes, Oldman must be great, and I'm particularly excited about Thewlis. Now let's just hope Williams doesn't back out at the last moment. :)

Marian - wanting fresh Potter.

Now that shooting is finished on the 3rd film does ANYONE know who played Trelawney?

I don't know, but when reading I always picture Carol Kane as Trelawny. She'd be perfect, but she's not British so I guess it can't be her.

I know she's pretty prominent in the new book and NO I haven't started it yet...

Its the best of the series, including book five which I finally just finished reading.

this is shaping up to the finest British cast since Gosford Park!

Yes, Oldman must be great, and I'm particularly excited about Thewlis. Now let's just hope Williams doesn't back out at the last moment. :)

Marian - wanting fresh Potter.

I only hope that they play it serious. Often serious British actors play it comical when in different situations than they're used to. I can't believe the difference between Thewlis' great performance in the wonderful 'Naked' and his really goofy perforamance in the equaly goofy 'Dragonheart'. Although Spall is great both in his serious roles (like Leigh's 'All or Nothing' and in his more lighthearted ones ('Nicholas Nickleby' and Leigh's 'Topsy Turvy').

Oldman is one of my favorite actors. More than any other, he sinks into his his roles and creates great and totaly different characters, irelevent of nationality. His villain in 'Air force One' was the high point of the movie (along with Goldsmith's score of course), His Oswald in JFK was also great, if not particulaly likable, but my favorite is his senator in the 'Contender'. He was fantastic in that role.

Just watched 'Sleepy Hollow' again, and I couldn't help but think how Ian McDiarmid would be great in the Potter movies. I think he has the right voice for Quirrel, and he could play both the good side and, obviously, the bad side.

I loved Oldman in The Fifth Element as well!!!

I still think they should have Maggie Smith do trelawney and they can make her look a little different with makeup, besides, she would have a british voice as Trelawney, not Scotish!!!

I couldn't help but think how Ian McDiarmid would be great in the Potter movies. I think he has the right voice for Quirrel,

its a little late don't you think.

I'm aware of that :roll:

I just think McDiarmid would have been great in that role.

Morlock- who thinks Joe is turning into the Stefancos, inserting negativity where he can

Just give me Hopkins for Moody and I'll be happy. (I know it's not in the third book. :P )

Justin -Who thinks Hopkins would be fantastic as moody. :)

Morlock- who thinks Joe is turning into the Stefancos, inserting negativity where he can

How is that negative at all? I just figured you didn't know that Quirrel is dead, and won't be back.

I think I may have an answer for you Wael, also the first preview of HPPOA is scheduled for Nov. 5, on Matrix Revolution.

Tilda Swinton may be Trelawney

tilda_swinton.jpgswinton.JPG

I always hoped that Angela Lansbury would be cast as Trelawney. She's such a great character actress. I hope she does some more memorable film roles before she retires/passes away so that audiences won't just remember her as "that lady from Murder She Wrote." She's so much better than that.

Dole

yet again, i have to log on..... Does anyone know what is going on?

Tilda would be great! Where did you hear that?

as usual I heard it at www.the-leaky-cauldron.org

I always hoped that Angela Lansbury would be cast as Trelawney.  She's such a great character actress.  I hope she does some more memorable film roles before she retires/passes away so that audiences won't just remember her as "that lady from Murder She Wrote."  She's so much better than that.

Yes, oh yes. Does nobody remember Bedknobs and Broomsticks? She is a great witch if there ever was one, at least Harry Potter-ish witch. She needs a spot in the series. I'm just not sure Trelawney is the one. Perhaps Neville's grandmother, if she gets her role expanded in future books?

About Tilda? I was thinking she looks the part when I said she was great, she is a great actress, but then I was thinking, can she do comedy? I've never seen her handle a comedic role before, always very dramatic.

yes, Tilda is out, and Angela is just too old for the part. It calls for a 40 something actress.

Then who the hell is it I mean this is just frustrating. I guess i'll have to wait for a trailer which is sure to be shown as one of the superbowl commercials.

The rumor is the trailer will show up in front of Matrix Revolutions. Is it really smart to advertise a popular kids film in front of a hard "R" rated film? Like I said, at this point I just think this is a rumor.

Neil

I think I'll start lobbying from now for Angelica Houston to play madame Maxime!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll start lobbying from now for Angelica Houston to play madame Maxime!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure, but I don't think she's British. She's the granddaughter of Oscar-winning actor Walter Huston and the daughter of Oscar-winning director John Huston who both, as far as I know, lived in California. Too bad though, she's a great actress. But there are still so many great British actors to choose from...Julie Andrews, Judi Dench, Malcolm McDowell, Ian McKellan, Elizabeth Taylor, Sean Connery, Michael Caine, etc.

Dole

Madame Maxime is not British. They are only casting British people for British roles. Simce Madame Maxime is French, they might go with a French actress, but more than likely, any actress that fits the role can get it.

But there are still so many great British actors to choose from...Julie Andrews, Judi Dench, Malcolm McDowell, Ian McKellan, Elizabeth Taylor, Sean Connery, Michael Caine, etc.

I keep saying: Get Malcom McDowell as Moody, Anjelica Houston as Madame Maxime and Maximilian Schell as Karkaroff.

Marian - :spiny:

Schell is too old for Karkaroff, he should be more Snapes age.

NO Ian Mckellan as Karkoroff, or YES Ian McKellan as Karkoroff?????

NO Ian Mckellan as Karkoroff, or YES Ian McKellan as Karkoroff?????

Yes Ian McKellan as Karkoroff.

I always imagined Karkaroff a bit older-looking, and I think Schell doesn't look as old as he is.

Marian - who still thinks he would be perfect, but has no idea if he'd want the part anyway.

:spiny: The Matrix (Don Davis)