Amazing Stories Poll

A24

Amazing Stories Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1.

• Amazing Stories Opening Credits
    • Amazing Stories End Credits

It may have fitted the bill better but I never really enjoyed the main title tune Williams wrote for Amazing Stories. It work with the images but emotionally it left me a bit cold. The tune heared at the end of each episode appealed to me more and has been on my mind quite frequently over the years since then. It also would make perfect logo music for Amblin.

----------------

Alex Cremers

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always loved the opening credits when I watched the show as a child. I always wished I could have a recording of it, never knowing until just a couple of years ago that it was a Williams piece.

Anthony

This has to be the least succesful poll in JWFan.net's history. Was I digging too deep?

----------------

Alex Cremers

It got more votes then my Who's Your Favorite Iranian Film Composer poll.  

Stefancos- :)

LOL . Thanks, Stefancos, for chearing me up.

Well, at least I knew I was going to be the only one voting for the end tune. :(

----------------

Alex Cremers

The opening tune. How can I explain its effects in words? It's like it lifted you from the ground and told you to forget all you knew about the world so far because it can't explain what you are about to see. And then the fanfare that closes the theme seems to say: "and we're here".

It's not brilliant Williams, but it's pure Williams.

This has to be the least succesful poll in JWFan.net's history. Was I digging too deep?

----------------

Alex Cremers

Uusually when one digs so deep they need an oil drill! ;)

I always loved the opening credits when I watched the show as a child.  I always wished I could have a recording of it, never knowing until just a couple of years ago that it was a Williams piece.

I too love this theme from my childhood.

You can find the theme on the Bootleg of "The Witches of Estwick". I listen to mine all the time. :spiny:

It's not brilliant Williams, but it's pure Williams.

True. It's one that would have likely been given a cold shoulder had it been composed in this century where Williams' stuff gets anatomized like perhaps never before. Unnecessarily.

:?

While both cues are nice I prefer the opening credits. It's funny, when the series first aired I used to scan the credits looking for Williams name because I was so sure he had written the main titles since it was a Spielberg project yet I could never find his name.

I couldn't find his name either, and it always bugged me. It sounded like Williams, but I needed that little bit of verification.

Neil

I always loved the opening credits when I watched the show as a child.  I always wished I could have a recording of it, never knowing until just a couple of years ago that it was a Williams piece.

Same here! I actually recorded the Main Title directly from broadcast, sounded pretty good. I voted for the Main Title.