Any recordings of the Rise of Skywalker concert material?

TheAvengerButton

4 hours ago, michael_grig said:

https://www.bso.org/events/boston-pops-star-wars-music

https://www.bso.org/events/star-wars-the-story-in-music#:~:text=Take%20an%20intergalactic%20musical%20journey,and%20iconic%20music%20to%20life 

A part of this program will feature piece from the Suite, as far as I can tell an excerpt(?) of Speeder Chase, Rey and Ben and TROS with an attaca to End Credits. Are any of you going there?

I'm going to the Sept 23 concert in Boston.  I agree with @Tom, they will mostly likely only play the title track from Episode IX.  The program is probably easy to determine, considering they must play at least one piece from each film, and the show can't be more than two hours.  There probably won't be time for any serious deep cuts like The Forest Battle or Speeder Chase.  I just wonder if they'll go in order (Episode I - IX) or break it up.  I'm sure The Imperial March will be saved for the encore.

20th Century Fox Fanfare

Main Title

Anakin's Theme

Duel of the Fates

Across the Stars

Battle of the Heroes

Princess Leia's Theme

The Asteroid Field

Yoda's Theme

Parade of the Ewoks

Jabba's Theme

Luke and Leia

March of the Resistance

Rey's Theme

Scherzo for X-wings

The Jedi Steps (concert version)

Rebellion is Reborn

Rise of Skywalker

Throne Room & Finale

Encore

The Adventures of Han

The Imperial March

A playlist of these selections comes to about 1 hr 25 minutes, which sounds about right for a 2-hour concert, including whatever narration there will be.  But if anything my list is probably too long; I would probably remove Jabba's Theme and The Jedi Steps...  I wouldn't have included The Asteroid Field either, but considering they played it at Film Night, that makes me think they pulled it out of the drawer for a reason!  The Adventures of Han is a total guess, as it's not part of the nine-film series, but I think it would certainly work as an encore.

15 hours ago, michael_grig said:

https://www.bso.org/events/boston-pops-star-wars-music

https://www.bso.org/events/star-wars-the-story-in-music#:~:text=Take%20an%20intergalactic%20musical%20journey,and%20iconic%20music%20to%20life 

A part of this program will feature pieces from the Suite, a source tells me it's an excerpt(?) of Speeder Chase, Rey and Ben and TROS with an attaca to End Credits. Are any of you going there?

I’m going. Any idea what else will be played?

is the Rise Of Skywalker stuff confirmed?

Not sure if this is exactly the right thread, but I was able to put together "Rey and Ben" from the Star Wars 9 Suite.

As we already know, it relies heavily on the "Farewell" track from the OST, but it does not include the part from 02:50-03:07 (which could confirm that this part is 10m1 Rey and Ren, if it's not included in the concert version and has another reel number it probably was written last minute because of edits to the scene): 

and at 3:52 of the OST track, where it would transition into the victory scene, there's another cut to a rather ominous ending section, which I had to mock up with virtual instruments:

My source for this are leaked orchestral parts for an upcoming Star Wars concert, so there is a small chance this piece could be shortened and edited, but for all the other pieces of this concert that had cuts/edits, it was clearly noted in the sheet music. In the parts of Rey and Ben there is no indication that this has happened.

(Of course, there is also slightly reduced instrumentation for the concert version, as with many Signature Editions, I have not considered that here).

6 hours ago, michael_grig said:

there's another cut to a rather ominous ending section, which I had to mock up with virtual instruments:

Didn't expect such a "suite" ending here. It would have been strange to perform this as a separate piece, but paired with  The Rise of Skywalker it would have been excellent at a concert. 

21 minutes ago, ragoz350 said:

Didn't expect such a "suite" ending here. It would have been strange to perform this as a separate piece, but paired with  The Rise of Skywalker it would have been excellent at a concert. 

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed to only see this few bars being new when getting the score. I don't know if I'm just TOO used to how the cue goes on, but I found it pretty unsatisfying, to be honest.

On 19/08/2023 at 8:48 PM, DangerMotif said:

I’m going. Any idea what else will be played?

is the Rise Of Skywalker stuff confirmed?

This thread has a bunch of accurate information in the more recent posts: