THE BATMAN (2022) - Live-to-Picture Concert

SyncMan

Temp.jpg

https://www.dcfilmsinconcert.com/the-batman

It is booked in such USA cities as DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Miami, and in countries such as England, France, Switzerland, and Germany.

Here is the press release.

“DC IN CONCERT” DEBUTS WITH THE BOX OFFICE SMASH

“THE BATMAN” PRESENTED BY MGP LIVE

EXPERIENCE THE CAPED CRUSADER LIKE NEVER BEFORE AS A LIVE SYMPHONY PERFORMS THE BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE’S CAPTIVATING SCORE LIVE ALONGSIDE THE FILM FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE LIVE CONCERT EXPERIENCE

THE TOUR WILL KICK-OFF IN LONDON AND TRAVEL THROUGH EUROPE HITTING ZURICH, PARIS, BERLIN,
AND DUSSELDORF BEFORE CROSSING THE POND WITH STOPS IN LOS ANGELES,
WASHINGTON D.C, MIAMI, AND CHICAGO

TICKETS FOR “THE BATMAN IN CONCERT” GO ON SALE NOVEMBER 11, 2022

VISIT DCFILMSINCONCERT.COM FOR MORE INFORMATION

TCG Entertainment, a leader in live entertainment and touring productions, in conjunction with Warner Bros. Discovery Global Themed Entertainment, have announced the global box office hit “The Batman” as the first in the all-new “DC In Concert” Series presented by MGP Live. Combining the acclaimed feature film with a live symphony performing the riveting score, “The Batman In Concert” is scheduled to debut on March 18, 2023 at the Hammersmith Apollo in London and will travel through Europe and the United States. Tickets go on-sale NOVEMBER 11, 2022, and can be purchased at the venue links provided below.  For more information, visit DCFILMSINCONCERT.COM.

“‘The Batman’ is the perfect film to debut the ‘DC In Concert’ series,” says Stephen Cook, Founder and President of TCG Entertainment. “We are thrilled to provide fans of one of DC’s most iconic Super Heroes the chance to be immersed in a unique live viewing experience they will never forget.”

Warner Bros. Pictures’ “The Batman” was released March 4, 2022.  Two years of stalking the crime-riddled streets as The Batman have turned Bruce Wayne into a nocturnal animal.  When a sadistic killer leaves behind clues addressed to the lone vigilante, the revelations shock him to his core.  He must overcome his scars to become the hope Gotham needs.  Own “The Batman” on Digital now.  “The Batman” is also available to stream on HBO Max.

Warner Bros. Pictures Presents a 6th & Idaho/Dylan Clark Productions Production, a Matt Reeves Film, “The Batman.”

“The Batman In Concert” is the first film to debut for “DC In Concert,” an all-new global touring film concert series featuring a live symphony orchestra performing, to picture, every note from fan favorite blockbuster films from DC.  For more information on the series, visit DCFILMSINCONCERT.COM.

“DC IN CONCERT” FEATURING “THE BATMAN” TOUR DATES

3/18/23 London, United Kingdom Eventim Apollo
3/19/23 Zurich, Switzerland Hallenstadion
3/26/23 Paris, France La Seine Musicale
3/29/23 Berlin, Germany Tempodrom
3/31/23 Dusseldorf, Germany Mitsubishi Electric Halle
4/15/23 Los Angeles, California Dolby Theatre
4/22/23 Washington, D.C Warner Theatre
4/28/23 Miami, Florida James L. Knight Center
5/06/23 Chicago, Illinois Auditorium Theatre
Tickets will go on sale on Nov. 11.

Yes, it is a bit odd marketing. I have no idea what is happening to DC movies these days. 

In any case, I booked a ticket for this. I really enjoy both the movie and the score and Giacchino's music is used quite prominently throughout. Definitely among his strongest works. I am looking forward to this - this will be my 35th live to picture concert. :) 

Karol

On 08/11/2022 at 4:54 PM, SyncMan said:

Temp.jpg

https://www.dcfilmsinconcert.com/the-batman

It is booked in such USA cities as DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Miami, and in countries such as England, France, Switzerland, and Germany.

Here is the press release.

Spoiler

Opps! I missed it. There is a lot that has to be done, which you probably aren't aware of. In contrast to high school, the workload is doubled here. And this is the reason college essays for sale. I came across this website on Google: https://androidcure.com/college-essays-for-sale-7-reasons-to-ask-a-company-for-help/. You can click the link and see the page if you want detailed information on this subject. You can find every detail about it right here. 

Opps! i missed it.

• 4 months later...

OK so a few thoughts.

There were no vocalists or choir so all of that came from the film stem. All of which was bit disappointing, given how prominent they feature in the film.

They performed score only, as expected, with one exception - the opening with Ave Maria. I suppose it makes sense.

The interval happens right after the Batmobile chase, as expected. The second part opens with brief entr'acte comprising of material from Escaped Crusader.

They didn't perform the end credits at all. The performance ends on the grand swell accompanying the final shot. Then there's the applause and as everyone leaves they just play the end credits from the film stem.

Sadly, it wasn't my favourite experience. The sound effects often drowned the music and I often struggled to hear much of the detail. There's a lot of dialogue, rain and other sounds that overwhelm Giacchino's sparse music. I imagine it must be a bit of a nightmare to balance. The score itself sounded bit different from the album recording, suppose it is hard to recreate exactly. The string section was really small and I think it would have benefitted from some extra players.

There were four percussion players and their presence was definitely felt in many places, creating even more of an urban noir vibe. I liked that.

Overall, a mixed bag. But I'm glad I went.

Karol

I suspected those flaws when I first saw it announced at that venue, so I chose not to go. I went there for a Zimmer concert and it was just a foggy, bad sounding building. Felt like an arena, which I hate. I hope it gets a few more performances elsewhere, then I'll definitely go, like the Birmingham Symphony Hall, which is my favourite concert hall in the world for sound, visual beauty, and seating positions. (I regularly sit front row of the choir and am basically sat within the orchestra, and they're the cheapest tickets too, which is hilarious that they think they're bad seats because you're behind the orchestra, when in fact they're the best).

Yes, Birmingham Symphony Hall is great. Went there for one Williams concert and it sounds great. I am going there for a Final Fantasy concert next month as well.

As for this show, you might be right. It was the wrong venue. They should have done it at Royal Albert Hall.

Karol

5 hours ago, crocodile said:

Sadly, it wasn't my favourite experience. The sound effects often drowned the music and I often struggled to hear much of the detail. There's a lot of dialogue, rain and other sounds that overwhelm Giacchino's sparse music. I imagine it must be a bit of a nightmare to balance. The score itself sounded bit different from the album recording, suppose it is hard to recreate exactly. The string section was really small and I think it would have benefitted from some extra players.

4 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

I suspected those flaws when I first saw it announced at that venue, so I chose not to go. I went there for a Zimmer concert and it was just a foggy, bad sounding building. Felt like an arena, which I hate. 

I suspect that the production company that created ‘The Batman’ LTP, MGP, is also paying to have multiple shows of that concert in as many territories in the world as possible just to get attention for their ‘DC in Concert’ concert series.  To get this done at minimal cost, the company maybe hiring venues that are not suited for orchestral performances and orchestras that are possibly not with the union.