Rey Skywalker Star Wars movie (Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy directing, Stephen Knight writing)

Jay

1 hour ago, greenturnedblue said:

I would argue the opposite. Disney, the biggest entertainment conglomerate on the planet, surely has the means to procure a strong script. 

Why they do not is beyond me, a lack of ambition, perhaps 

Well, Star Wars was better before it became influenced by financial interests. Even Lucas succumbed to the allure of money. Disney now finds itself in a similar situation to Lucas during the prequel era, prioritizing profit and spectacular special FX, over strong storytelling, a solid script, and a talented team (which are not just YES men à la Rick McCallum).

One must be quite naive to think that money attracts talent.

Sorry to come back to this but in reference to women who have shaped Star Wars I forgot to mention Leigh Brackett who worked on TESB. While I'm not completely sure on how much she contributed to the final script, I think she's the one who came up with Luke having a lost twin sister. Even if she didn't she still helped develop the story for TESB and absolutely deserves recognition for her part in the Star Wars franchise.