Rey Skywalker Star Wars movie (Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy directing, Stephen Knight writing)

Jay

12 minutes ago, mstrox said:

All of these shows are fun.  I liked the weird punk kids on the swoops.  I liked wacked-out-looking Luke doing a bad job at training.  I liked Obi-Wan and a six-year-old racing around on an unlikely adventure.  I don’t think any of them are as good as the best Star Wars movies or as Andor, but they’re much better than every Star Wars novel and most comics.

Have you even read at least 30% of the novels or comics in either the old or new canon? If not then that’s a rather meaningless claim

All I know is that the writing quality in a good chunk of the old and new canon I’ve read far exceeds the shows, and I can point towards what those works are if necessary. Even Andor is just on par with some of the old canon stories

I’m going to start coining this argument ‘the tyranny of fun’ because it seems to implicitly assume we all have the same standards for what is fun or enjoyable, whereas for me at least nonsensical storytelling and characters works extremely counter to any feelings of fun. Therefore, an appeal to fun often feels like an excuse to not put together an actual argument for why these elements are good

On 17/04/2023 at 5:02 AM, Bespin said:

I think Disney should stop using GPT chat to write the plots of their next Star Wars projects.

You meant "start using GPT chat", because even it could not have wrote something as poor as Obi-Wan

Well I've not watched anything Steven Knight has written, but a lot of people seem to enjoy Peaky Blinders at least, so who knows maybe this film could actually be good.

I also wonder in a post Sith, New Republic, First Order galaxy what will be the main conflict in rebuilding the Jedi order?

I don't think we'd get an Adam Driver cameo, but I'd bet Mark Hamill makes an appearance.

I also would bet that Rey will have a 9/10 year old daughter, Ben Solos daughter, just so they can say the true Skywalker line didn't die in TROS.

Sorry you're right, for some reason I thought it was set 10 years after TROS. So she'll be 14/15 year's old instead . And for the how it'll be when Ben transferred his life force to save Rey that got her pregnant as well, kind of like how Anakin was created through the force

8 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

Sorry you're right, for some reason I thought it was set 10 years after TROS. So she'll be 14/15 year's old instead . And for the how it'll be when Ben transferred his life force to save Rey that got her pregnant as well, kind of like how Anakin was created through the force

I thought about that too.

another chosen one!

5 hours ago, TolkienSS said:

Kathleen Kennedy is the bratty girl whose stern successful daddy didn't buy her the nice bracelet when she grew up, so she's taking it out on all men that followed (and their fantasies).

the men's fantasies? which men? which fantasies? what?

6 hours ago, TolkienSS said:

Kathleen Kennedy is the bratty girl whose stern successful daddy didn't buy her the nice bracelet when she grew up, so she's taking it out on all men that followed (and their fantasies).

[citation needed]

On 21/04/2023 at 3:49 PM, Luke Skywalker said:

I thought about that too.

another chosen one!

Well I don't know about another chosen one, it would depend on whether or not you think Anakin was the chosen one and what bringing balance to the force means?

On 21/04/2023 at 2:19 PM, Tom said:

Maybe it could be Rey and Luke's kid.  

7j5i5u.gif

On 21/04/2023 at 10:06 AM, Edmilson said:

This would be creepy and disturbing on so many levels... :unsure:

It would be Luke's way of crushing Palpatine, sort of like this guy (very ironically, in this case) does:

ooh i get it. the fantasies are all the films and scripts by men she's produced over decades right? she doesn't appear to have anything against that.

i've read people in the industry mention weird ceilings about women directing certain types of movies (and back in the day about movies in general) and about writing certain kinds of scripts; i want to think that it improves but i'm not "in the know" at all.

10 hours ago, Brónach said:

ooh i get it. the fantasies are all the films and scripts by men she's produced over decades right? she doesn't appear to have anything against that.

i've read people in the industry mention weird ceilings about women directing certain types of movies (and back in the day about movies in general) and about writing certain kinds of scripts; i want to think that it improves but i'm not "in the know" at all.

I hope that’s not true, not even for political reasons, but the pragmatic fact that talent is already in such short supply that if you start filtering out half the population then you’re throwing away a bunch of potential talent 

I really wouldn't know if talent is in short supply, given that studios have either mainly been hiring those who haven't been able to fully stretch their legs on a bigger production, or those that just follow the explicit instructions given to them. It's somewhat especially evident in the case of SW, given a production like Andor (done by veterans of the medium) is far more polished than Obi-Wan (which despite having those who've done work on previous entries, reeks of mistakes that would be made by the inexperienced normally).

Granted, this probably makes it a bit easier for them to experiment on a smaller scale after TLJ proved so divisive. But it does also make it easier for it to look like they're just throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks.

The Mad Max Furiosa spinoff is releasing on May 24, 2024.  They filmed it in 2022.

Yeah, it's set for release in 2024, but they should postpone it to 2025 just for my joke to make sense :lol:. The same goes for the Inside Out sequel.

Also, I think the next Fast & Furious movie may come out in 2025 as well, 10 years after Furious 7. That is, unless Fast X bombs.

STAR WARS: Damon Lindelof Confirms He Was "Asked To Leave" Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's Rey-Led Movie

It appears Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy has encountered "creative differences" with yet another filmmaker as Damon Lindelof has confirmed he was asked to walk away from the Star Wars movie he penned.

TBF, they probably don't want another Solo on their hands where creative differences were allowed to persist for a ridiculously long time into production.

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Based on how awesome Watchmen was, I'd be willing to bet Lindelof's vision is more interesting than what Knight will now be asked to write 

oh :c

• 1 month later...

Set roughly 15 years after Rey’s victory over Palpatine and the end of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. The sequel delves into Rey's courageous endeavor to restore the Jedi Order, where she assumes the role of a mentor to two promising young students—a girl and a boy. As their training progresses, it becomes evident that the girl possesses an extraordinary abilities, destined to emerge as the future leader.

‘Star Wars: New Jedi Order,’ Starring Daisy Ridley as Rey, Shooting in April 2024

Seems like a fake news specifically designed to anger the raging Star Wars fans who are against Disney. I mean, the girl is the one with special habilities and will become a leader: The only thing missing is that she and Rey would teach the boy about how perfect women are, how diverse the world is, the dangers of toxic masculinity, etc.