Dial of Destiny map cue: From Morocco to Sicily (Fan Made)

Garrett

13 minutes ago, Garrett said:

I was thinking about how a map cue variation of Helena's theme might sound in the upcoming movie, and I had a cool idea. In this clip, I play my idea on the piano. I tried to compose in the style of John Williams. Perhaps you guys will enjoy this.

Also, if you like this, you may also like Voller's theme, which I am still working on! It will be fully orchestrated on Musescore, and reflect what we've heard from the leaked clip.

Sounds great

This is fucking fantastic, man. Thanks for sharing this with the community. It's the things like this that give this site such a beautiful feel. Such a wonderful piece of work. It will kill me if Williams doesn't lean into the vicinity of the feel of this track because those orchestrations and interpretations of Helena's Theme no joke finally made it click for me as a Williams piece. All I needed was to hear it with piano. Thanks again, you have a lovely creative mind for taking something like this on and being able to execute it so perfectly.

I'm another who is expecting to fully connect with Helena's Theme once I hear how Williams uses it in the score, so this video is intriguing. Thank you!

My first reaction to Rey's Theme was "well this is simplistic",  but I grew to love and appreciat it, and well, my first listens to almost anything are usually not so positive as a lot of times, I need some time to more fully appreciate and enjoy a piece. There's always a sense of "this new kid on the block doesn't quite belong". And there's never been such a long period of time between the release or performance of a concert piece and the release of the film and score for which it was written. That, and also I've held off listening to it a lot until a better recording is available... and having said that, I think we have some pretty good recordings so far given there's been no official and clean audio release. 

Anyway, how Williams uses and varies Helena's Theme is one aspect of the score I'm very curious about and eager to hear. 

2 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

This is fucking fantastic, man. Thanks for sharing this with the community. It's the things like this that give this site such a beautiful feel. Such a wonderful piece of work. It will kill me if Williams doesn't lean into the vicinity of the feel of this track because those orchestrations and interpretations of Helena's Theme no joke finally made it click for me as a Williams piece. All I needed was to hear it with piano. Thanks again, you have a lovely creative mind for taking something like this on and being able to execute it so perfectly.

Thanks! I think Helena's theme will be like Yoda's theme: boring in concert suite form, but incredibly beautiful in the film variations.

Speaking of which, did you watch the 5 minute Tuk-tuk chase clip that leaked a few weeks ago? There's a really good variation of Helena's theme there, about 1 minute in.

(Also, I edited my above piano piece to remove two awkward pauses.)

On 15/5/2023 at 12:17 PM, Garrett said:

I was thinking about how a map cue variation of Helena's theme might sound in the upcoming movie, and I had a cool idea. In this clip, I play my idea on the piano. I tried to compose in the style of John Williams. Perhaps you guys will enjoy this.

Also, if you like this, you may also like Voller's theme, which I am still working on! It will be fully orchestrated on Musescore, and reflect what we've heard from the leaked clip.

Gorgeous, I’d love to hear this orchestrated.

• 1 month later...