What happened to Geisha?

I know some people might not have been very eager for Spielberg to direct yet another drama, but I would have like to see this thing with music by John Williams.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately Steve passed on this. I felt it wasn't very cinematic. The book is sllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

joe.

Yeah we got it ....

In friggin 2005!!!!!! :mad:

Its not like as if this deal is right around the corner.

-Rogue Leader who wonders why the hell it takes SO DAMN long for this to come together.

Hmm, but I wouldn't be surprised if Spielberg does nothing in that time. Any project would probably over lap into Indy 4. And Spielberg doesn't usually work non-stop like Williams :)

• 2 weeks later...

Steven will not direct Geisha, but will produce it through DreamWorks and Amblin.

It's a great book. Slow, yes, but could be made into a great script and even greater film.

Steven not working non-stop, huh? What do you have to say for yourself now that A.I., Minority Report, and Catch Me If You Can will all be coming out in an 18-month period -- the latter two just 6 months apart?

There will be another Spielberg film before Indy IV. Not to worry -- Johnny will be doing his thing non-stop for the next 3 years... maybe not 4 or 5 scores a year, but definitely 4 to 5 in the next 3.

Director - proud of Johnny for doing so good

:) "My Friend, the Brachiosaurus" from Jurassic Park

And everyone thought he was going to retire! Hopefully he's not decided to go out with a bang (and thus stop scoring altogether after this). I for one wasn't too excited about Geisha. I'd much rather see Indy 4!

• 1 year later...
 The book is sllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Slow can be beautiful and daring. Isn't there anyone who will stand up against MTV and other shallowness.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Both Rob Marshall and Spike Jonze have already passed. Spielberg spent time deveoping the screenplay with Jonze, but Then Jonze backed out. Marshall was only in it for a very short time. Spielberg will indeed produce it through Dreamworks and Amblin.

His next project seems to be Terminal, which will then be followed by Indy 4, and afterwards possibly The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, with Jim Carrey starring. There are several other projects possible, though.

(I know someone who knows someone at Dreamworks- although the above was already public knowledge)

Fortunately Steve passed on this.  I felt it wasn't very cinematic.  The book is sllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

joe.

A while back when I heard they were going to adapt The Green Mile for the screen, I had a misgiving it would be impossible to retain the message of the novel while making it cinematically engaging and in no way truncated. I mean, what occupied about 15 pages in the book was then turned into approx. 15 seconds in the movie and what a movie we got! Good books can turn into bad movies and vice versa, so I have nothing to fear about Geisha. It's also the directors, not solely the stories, as a factor upon what things hinge.

Roman.-)

True. Too many projects, and he is slow when deciding his next film. But once they start filming the movie, there is no director faster than him (only Clint Eastwood would beat him in this competition).

Ah Clint Eastwood... Now there's an efficient, no-nonsense director at work. I've just recently watched two of his more recent films True Crime and Blood Work and found a lot to enjoy in their leanness, their quiet intelligence and their sporadic bursts of humour. Good stuff ;)

CYPHER