Jump to content

Gareth Edwards' THE CREATOR (Hans Zimmer, 2023)


Thor

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Thor said:


Hey hey now, no need for that kind of language. MG wouldn鈥檛 be able to create something on THE CREATOR鈥檚 level in his wildest dreams.

I agree with that.聽

And I'm not even drunk.聽

Actually... I am a bit.聽

:music:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Praer goes after Lab Raid. I remember hearing it during the scene in the fields after they find 鈥渢he weapon鈥. Maybe it plays twice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mr. Who said:

I think Praer goes after Lab Raid. I remember hearing it during the scene in the fields after they find 鈥渢he weapon鈥. Maybe it plays twice?

I was a bit confused by that during my second watch actually! There is some choral/prayer score in that scene you mention but I think it might be different. It definitely plays towards the end (as well) though. But I also might be in the wrong about the first scene. Maybe the track is a combination and parts of it plays in both scenes? Perhaps the first minute (choral part) is from that early scene and the rest is from the scene where

Spoiler

the girl finds her mother

The second part is 100% towards the end. So I guess one can chose where to put it in track order. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, fenrik said:

I was a bit confused by that during my second watch actually! There is some choral/prayer score in that scene you mention but I think it might be different. It definitely plays towards the end (as well) though. But I also might be in the wrong about the first scene. Maybe the track is a combination and parts of it plays in both scenes? Perhaps the first minute (choral part) is from that early scene and the rest is from the scene where

Reveal hidden contents

The second part is 100% towards the end. So I guess one can chose where to put it in track order. :)

That might be the case. Maybe the choir cue is different earlier in the earlier part of the movie after the lab raid. Maybe the choral part is longer in the lab raid scene. I only saw the movie once.

I really like the score. I disagree that it鈥檚 the best hz since Interstellar (my favourite zimmer score) but it鈥檚 very good. The themes are more abstract that in works such as Wonder Woman or NTTD or potc, but they鈥檙e really nice. Standby is fantastic and I love the variation of the main theme in the brass and the strings. I just wish there was more score. The album feels too short to really make a full impact.

The movie鈥檚 use of songs and lack of score in the first 2 thirds was quite distracting to me and also to a few people I went with who aren鈥檛 film score fans. If you have HZ scoring the film IMO you don鈥檛 need Radiohead or Rick songs. A few needle drops would have been enough.聽

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/10/2023 at 11:01 PM, LSH said:

I agree with that.聽

And I'm not even drunk.聽

Actually... I am a bit.聽

:music:

You and your everyday binges. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 9:33 PM, Thor said:

You and your everyday binges. :D


LOL

Actually you鈥檇 be surprised by me lately. I have to be even more opportunist than before. My new career demands restraint from it.聽:mellow:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.