Gareth Edwards' THE CREATOR (Hans Zimmer, 2023)

Thor

3 hours ago, Thor said:

Hey hey now, no need for that kind of language. MG wouldn’t be able to create something on THE CREATOR’s level in his wildest dreams.

I agree with that. 

And I'm not even drunk. 

Actually... I am a bit. 

:music:

I think Praer goes after Lab Raid. I remember hearing it during the scene in the fields after they find “the weapon”. Maybe it plays twice?

13 hours ago, Mr. Who said:

I think Praer goes after Lab Raid. I remember hearing it during the scene in the fields after they find “the weapon”. Maybe it plays twice?

I was a bit confused by that during my second watch actually! There is some choral/prayer score in that scene you mention but I think it might be different. It definitely plays towards the end (as well) though. But I also might be in the wrong about the first scene. Maybe the track is a combination and parts of it plays in both scenes? Perhaps the first minute (choral part) is from that early scene and the rest is from the scene where

Spoiler

the girl finds her mother

The second part is 100% towards the end. So I guess one can chose where to put it in track order. :)

37 minutes ago, fenrik said:

I was a bit confused by that during my second watch actually! There is some choral/prayer score in that scene you mention but I think it might be different. It definitely plays towards the end (as well) though. But I also might be in the wrong about the first scene. Maybe the track is a combination and parts of it plays in both scenes? Perhaps the first minute (choral part) is from that early scene and the rest is from the scene where

Reveal hidden contents

The second part is 100% towards the end. So I guess one can chose where to put it in track order. :)

That might be the case. Maybe the choir cue is different earlier in the earlier part of the movie after the lab raid. Maybe the choral part is longer in the lab raid scene. I only saw the movie once.

I really like the score. I disagree that it’s the best hz since Interstellar (my favourite zimmer score) but it’s very good. The themes are more abstract that in works such as Wonder Woman or NTTD or potc, but they’re really nice. Standby is fantastic and I love the variation of the main theme in the brass and the strings. I just wish there was more score. The album feels too short to really make a full impact.

The movie’s use of songs and lack of score in the first 2 thirds was quite distracting to me and also to a few people I went with who aren’t film score fans. If you have HZ scoring the film IMO you don’t need Radiohead or Rick songs. A few needle drops would have been enough. 

On 02/10/2023 at 11:01 PM, LSH said:

I agree with that. 

And I'm not even drunk. 

Actually... I am a bit. 

:music:

You and your everyday binges. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 9:33 PM, Thor said:

You and your everyday binges. :D

LOL

Actually you’d be surprised by me lately. I have to be even more opportunist than before. My new career demands restraint from it. :mellow:

• 1 month later...