Michael Giacchino - SOCIETY OF THE SNOW (2023)

Jay

Here's the FML interview

Why does Giacchino have an unopened bag of Panera Bread delivery on a chair behind him the whole time?

30 minutes ago, Jay said:

Why does Giacchino have an unopened bag of Panera Bread delivery on a chair behind him the whole time?

Ha Ha Ha! It's almost like he ran into the room with an uber eats delivery and went "Shoot! That interview is now!?!" threw it in the chair and jumped on the call. 

Decent interview, was able to catch it live. Honestly though I think my favorite part was at the begining when he talked about his starting his relationship with JA at Ubeda.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno. Giacchino always does suites doesnt he? But since it does not appear in the official ost must mean it is an edit

what about the main title, how can that not be on the ost??

I started comparing the tracks with different lenght on the OST and FYC and they are very different sound mixes. The FYC sounds much quieter and with less layers of instruments at places i think... So maybe even the same length tracks will sound different.

It seems the last part of the end credits is the same last part of "found"... but with the different mix, it sounds different.

Can this be ripped from the film? shame to have it in mono.

I think that maybe the best option would be disc 1 the complete film mix score and disc 2 the Album mix...

I will compare more in the coming days if i have time....

From what I gathered when comparing the FYC and the OST I feel that the soundtrack is the composer's preferred presentation, and the FYC gives us basically the film mixes/edits of all the cues. In some cues the difference is just a couple of seconds shorter or longer, but other times there are huge chunks of music only present in one of the two versions. And for example, the track Arturo's Death is completely different to 4m20B Arturo's Death, so I don't know what's up with that!

Jay I updated your spreadsheet with commentaries. (attachment)

End credits are 100% redundant.

Main titles probably also, but since it was officially released i would count it as an official edit, and since there are no end credits. it could be great as opener or closener.

is there a high quality of this track?

sociedad.xlsx

On 02/01/2024 at 5:18 PM, filmmusic said:

Yeah, I've listened to this, I think it reminds something from LOST? Or not? or Super 8?

I'm not so sure...

It reminds me to some other giacchino work too. It's the choir structure and crescendo,

Could it be Kirk's Birth in Star Trek 2009? Or arnthem from MOH Frontline?