I made a 27 minute documentary on Williams' The Battle Of Hoth (What happens when JW changes his mind?)

InTheCity

Videos like yours, @InTheCity, remind me how much goddamn work goes into writing good music. I'm, to my eternal chagrin, not a musician or musicologist, but to see how much thought and interpretation goes into, for example, a single unit of articulation under a single note blows my mind. To think how many hundreds upon hundreds of such marks a composer might incorporate into their work, or a conductor might have to think about those marks in their interpretation, or a musician must remain mindful of when playing. And then to think about the decisions required about tone color, instrument assignment, and all the rest... so many of them made for split-second moments that may tragically not even register for 99% of the movie-going audience... It's humbling and overwhelming to think about this.

This is music that deserves to be listened to the way you might study for the SATs or the bar. After videos like these, I hardly feel worthy enough to listen to any more JW until I've studied my music theory!