Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

Jay

Heavy metal music video......JFC. Not at all. Have you seen one, ever?

The JXL stuff works well with the fury theme which continues to be impressive, but the rest - Brothers in Arms - yeah, not bad as a post-RCP cue, but pretty bad as any other cue by most standards

I do love JXL's Alita and Mortal Engines but I suspect some of the exciting orchestral stuff is by De Lillo who will be co-composing on Kong. Junk's got some real talent - I love The Dark Tower theme, Tomb Raider has good stuff, the Cameron/Rodriguez combination clearly did not let him do 'techno'. Who knows.

His studio had that controversy about overworking which is funny for a composer who's work is not that complicated. Anyhoos.

Jesus - relistening to Brothers in Arms, despite its dodgy production values, totally get it now - the duality with barbarity of the world and the expansive heroism.....or do I?

On 01/12/2023 at 4:24 PM, Edmilson said:

I'm not sure, I'm not that interested in prequels (with a few exceptions) and I hated Junkie XL's score for the previous movie so I can only imagine he'll double down on drums and horns of doom (all 450 of them). 

there are actually moments that i like (with the waterfalls, and with the tornadoes), but maybe it's the editors being clever

for an adequate isolated listening experience, one could maybe reduce it to around ten or fifteen minutes of score. but that's a bad sign for the score-in-picture!

• 3 months later...

Despite a disconcerting trailer, I'm really looking forward to this.

• 2 weeks later...

ATJ has energy and Hemsworth's hamming it up amazingly but... All the movies so far had very distinctly different visuals, characters, plots, visceral tangible tactile filmmaking... this is just stalling, Fury Road memberberries with bad fake "big epic" over the top CG stuff? eh

19 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Bring it on!

But whoever did the trailer music should forever be haunted by David Bowie's ghost.

A ghostwriter?

;)

11 minutes ago, Holko said:

Fury Road memberberries with bad fake over the top CG stuff? eh

Good thing I wasn't the only one who thought there's much more CGI in this movie than in FR.

1 hour ago, Holko said:

ATJ has energy and Hemsworth's hamming it up amazingly but... All the movies so far had very distinctly different visuals, characters, plots, visceral tangible tactile filmmaking... this is just stalling, Fury Road memberberries with bad fake "big epic" over the top CG stuff? eh

From that description I'd say it also has a distinctive look compared to the others.

I don't see really get the instant CGI complains though. Especially with this new trailer, which has much more non-action stuff than the first one - and thus makes it seem that this film will be more plot heavy than Fury Road, which had the most minimalist plot possible - not that it needed more. It also had plenty of CGI, and if the new one has more, I don't mind it as long as it looks decent (and don't judge it by an over-compressed YouTube video of probably unfinished trailer effects) and the action choreography remains grounded and comprehensible - one major issue with CGI looking fake or being uninvolving isn't that it can't look real, but that it tends to be used to stage scenes that feel unrealistic even in the context of the film (one of the wonderful things about Tintin is that Spielberg clearly approached it like a "real" film and used the CGI to shoot action in a way that looks like it could be done with real cameras, but would be impossible to pull off).

• 5 weeks later...