The 'Soundtrack of our lives' Topic

Fabulin

Today I clicked on the video of Spacex's Starship making a re-entry into the atmosphere:

And just the title and thumbnail were enough for me to instinctively play a loop of:

to accompany it.

Does your brain also have an urge to hear fitting Williams pieces to scenes happening in your life (or in the news, or wherever)?

I hear it, but then I realize it’s Hans Zimmer.

I tend to separate between my everyday life and my soundtrack listening. When I'm out and about, I prefer to have whatever natural sounds there are around me, be the only ones (I used ear plugs with loud music while cycling to work some 15 years ago, and I'm still convinced that's what caused my tinnitus).

So I've never really had any "soundtracks of my life" in a literal sense, although there are obviously situations where you can almost hear - in your mind - a film cue for something, be it a stunning sunset or whatever.

When I was in the desert in the UAE near Abu Dhabi, I was watching the sunset, I started humming The Force Theme. No one was near me, so I said to myself, f it, I have to pretend I’m Luke Skywalker. It felt like I’m in Star Wars. :)
And years later they filmed TFA there. 

There is no "soundtrack" to my life. My life is not a movie. My life is much, much more. Music plays an important role in my life, but it does not dominate. Music is second to my life, and not the other way around.

'Can any part of life be larger than life?'

Peart, N (1982)

Weirdly, there is always some music playing in my head, even when I'm not listening. My head is just too restless and when it's not tormenting me with some dumb intrusive thoughts it's playing some music (most of the times it's both at the same time :lol:). It's been like this since I was a little kid.

But most of the times it's not Williams though. I guess his music is just too married to their movies to be the score to my life... lol.

I think this topic might be better off in General Discussion.  Williams isn't the only composer whose work could come to mind when a fitting situation comes about.

I've always thought that if any film score were to be "my" theme, it'd have to be Broughton's Lost In Space: