Indiana Jones Alternate Takes Thread

So something interesting I've discovered recently about the Album Take of Indy's Feats:

Only 5:03-5:47 and 5:54-6:12 are different from the film take.  5:47-5:54 and 6:12-end phases perfectly with the DCC album track.

Unfortunately, 5:03-5:47 is still the part of the cue that contains the last two microedits of the track, including to the take's unique increase in tempo at 5:33.  These are the only removals in the entire track that occur in the middle of an alternate take; the rest of the removals occur in the same takes that the DCC uses.

I'm sure there are more released alternate takes for the Indy films than this.  Wasn't it discovered that the Concord version of Broken Bridge/British Relief wasn't the same as the film take?

Isn't lining up the cues from the original OST, the film and the concord release a bit of a nightmare because the concord release has a slightly higher or lower pitch? and it's not consistent? 

So lining them up against each other and revealing the same take through identifying phase isn't possible when the concord release is involved? 

1 hour ago, aj_vader said:

Isn't lining up the cues from the original OST, the film and the concord release a bit of a nightmare because the concord release has a slightly higher or lower pitch? and it's not consistent? 

So lining them up against each other and revealing the same take through identifying phase isn't possible when the concord release is involved? 

A little speed-correction goes a long way.  Plus, two tracks that are the same take, but ever-so-slightly different speeds still creates a very distinctive sound when laid on top of each other, kinda like a jet plane flyby:

EDIT: Here's the DCC overlaid onto the unmodified Concord from the Youtube link I just posted:

1 hour ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

A little speed-correction goes a long way.  Plus, two tracks that are the same take, but ever-so-slightly different speeds still creates a very distinctive sound when laid on top of each other, kinda like a jet plane flyby:

EDIT: Here's the DCC overlaid onto the unmodified Concord from the Youtube link I just posted:

Fascinating, thank you. 

I'm definitely lacking understanding of the more techy details, but doesn't phase inversion rely on the two tracks in question being based on the same digital content? I.e. if you digitized some tape to a digital file, then created a copy of that digital file with some other element on top of the music, the music element of both would be the same because the digitised content is the same.

Whereas the same musical material heard in the film and from a tape transfer is going to result in a different digital end result, like if you recorded some tape to digital twice in a row - it will sound the same but the resulting files won't be identical, digitally.

On ToD, I noticed that the choir in "Approaching the Stones" seems to be from a different take on the 2008 CD then the choir you hear on the film. And the Indy fanfare in the final moments of "Short Round Helps" also appears to be a different take as well.

Given the carelessness that the ToD 2008 CD had when it was assembled (wrong pitch and unbalanced sound from the different source materials used), I'm sure I can point many instances of different takes, but I'd have the revisit the score and movie (which I haven't done in quite sometime now). But those two I pointed are the ones more obvious to me that I noticed when I first listened to it many years ago when it came out.

always been fascinated with this alternate bit in Water! from ToD

or maybe it's not an alternate, and just the film version.  part of is hard to hear in the film.  but i'm also just so used to what's on the Concord Set

On 02/04/2024 at 2:58 PM, Bellosh said:

always been fascinated with this alternate bit in Water! from ToD

or maybe it's not an alternate, and just the film version.  part of is hard to hear in the film.  but i'm also just so used to what's on the Concord Set

I believe the film version/insert wasn't fully used as was written. This is my edit which contains a leak or a mockup, I don't remember where it came from, and I did have to edit it to match the film. For some reason it won't copy at a specific timestamp, but if you start at 0:27 you can hear what I'm referring to.