LOTR Marathon

QMM

Are you going to go the showings of all 3 movies?  

16 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • NO!

Just want to know if anyone else might go to the marathon showing of LOTR. I'd love to pending that they have an intermission or break of some sort.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes me an hour and 15 min just to get to the nearest movie theater to my home. I will go see ROTK, once. No marathons or re-releases. That's what the DVDs are for.

Ray Barnsbury-who thinks Joe could have fun making a list of things he'd rather do

I would rather pass a kidney stone.

play Rodney King at the Policeman's ball.

Watch A.I. 3 times in a row.

Eat bugs at my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Watch a soccer match.

Attend a Fight Club, Jacob's Ladder double bill.

Sit on one of the many fireant mounds in my yard.

flay my own skin off with a rusty potato peeler.

randomly pick some 16yr old from Ohio, who recently celebrated a birthday, cover him in sticky syrup and feed him to the locust. :)

Ray Barnsbury-who thinks Joe could have fun making a list of things he'd rather do

I would rather pass a kidney stone.

play Rodney King at the Policeman's ball.

Watch A.I. 3 times in a row.

Eat bugs at my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Watch a soccer match.

Attend a Fight Club, Jacob's Ladder double bill.

Sit on one of the many fireant mounds in my yard.

You missed...

Set your head on fire and have it put out with a sledge hammer

Watch an entire episode of Trailer Park Boys

Sit through Hamlet starring 'The Rock'

Elect Arnold Schwarzenegger Governor of California (oops, politics sorry Neil)

Listen to the four disc Britney Spears sings Led Zeppelin CD

I might do what Stefan says. But I fear that I might be too exhausted to completely enjoy ROTK after watching the other two for 7 hours. We'll see.

Marian - who will do a 24: Season 2 marathon soon.

That's very doubtful. :eek:

Justin -Curious as to why Joe isn't doing all those things as he isn't going... :)

:eek:

I voted NO. I'd like to go, but tickets at my local theater are $35 for all three films (thats 11.66 per film), a bit of a ripoff considering I will already own two of the three films on DVD by that time. I'm also not sure if I'll be awake or if I'll be able to feel my own ass when ROTK finally comes on. I will be seeing FOTR and TTT individually though in the weeks before ROTK.

Same here, i'm gonna watch the extended versions of FOTR and TTT, and then goto the cinema for ROTK.

Stefancos- :)

this is what I will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only reason you'd actually go to the thing is to see the first showing of ROTK.

Max-They're only having two showing of "The Marathon" in Wisconsin

Watch A.I. 3 times in a row

Wow, that right there says it all.

Ray Barnsbury ;)

Nah I can beat that, how about watching the RARE Star Wars Christmas special.

I am not going to watch a cinema screen for about 10 hours straight, I will acquire the expanded editions and see ROTK at a cinema.

I am not going to watch a cinema screen for about 10 hours straight, I will acquire the expanded editions and see ROTK at a cinema.

This is a Mornism for "I will download Xvids of the expanded editions and see ROTK at a cinema"

Stefancos- :music:

I didn't like Trillian. It does a "trillion" different things, except for what I want it to do. Can't send or recieve entire folders. That's a waste. I stick with the individual programs. It may not be as convenient, but at least it works.

Marian, I could send you the entire audio track of Star Wars from the laserdisc if you really want a 1GB+ file. :(

Neil

Marian, are you only on ICQ? :)

Yes. When I still used Windows (I recommend Miranda, never tried Trillian), I wanted to try my AIM account again, but I couldn't remember my screenname and/or password.

Now that I'm in Linux, I don't know of any programs that do both ICQ and AIM....perhaps I should try to find one, but I'm not sure there are any.

Marian - using licq.

I have to write a story about it for the newspaper. Which means I'll have to hang out at the theater for 10+ hours talking to geekboys (no offense to those on the board) who drove all the way from New York City to watch it because New Mexico was the last state to sell out for the screenings (don't laugh, there actually is a guy who's doing that).

Because of that, I might actually watch "Return of the King" at midnight, like everyone else. But if I had my druthers, I'd rather watch "Hook" three times in a row.

Jeff -- who would watch AI three times in a row and like it

I'll have to hang out at the theater for 10+ hours talking to geekboys (no offense to those on the board) who drove all the way from New York City to watch it because New Mexico was the last state to sell out for the screenings

LOL LOL LOL :):P:P;)

don't laugh, there actually is a guy who's doing that.

Too late. :)

Neil

Has anybody watched the trailer for The Day after Tomorrow?

I watched it and I thought it looked pretty good albeit almost no plot about the movie was revealed. Made by the director of Independence Day-Good film and Godzilla-Lower than Average film