Ben's Death or Qui-Gon's Death

A24

I'm talking about the cues you hear when they are fatally pierced by their opponent's light saber. Which one do you think is (sounds) the most dramatic?

-----------------

Alex Cremers

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please, no contest. WTH is Qui Gon, oh yeah, that waste of a character in TPM, the long haired hippie freak. I have to agree with Neil.

Qui-Gon's death is more dramatic, I think. Of course, Ben's Death is followed by the awesome TIE-fighter/Millennium Falcon Chase, so that's good too, but Qui-Gon's death is more dramatic, IMO.

Qui-Gon's death is one of my favorite cues from TPM.

- Marc

:( John Williams - Insane Felicia from The Witches of Eastwick

Bens Death by a hair. I like Qui-gons Death cue a lot though too. How about a Lars' Death vs Schmi's death...? Not nearly as close... I love the rendition of the Force theme as Luke pulls into his desert driveway seeing the burnt remains of Owen and Beru.

Jeff - who looks forward to hearing "Mace Windu's Noble End"

:( Suite from The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex (E.W. Korngold)

I love the rendition of the Force theme as Luke pulls into his desert driveway seeing the burnt remains of Owen and Beru.

Yeah, that bit is awesome. It worked really great in the TPM teaser.

- Marc

:( Acda & De Munnik - Als Het Vuur Gedoofd Is

How about a Lars' Death vs Schmi's death...?  Not nearly as close...  

Yes, those two bits (Ben&Qui-Gon) are really Uber pieces. Two deaths, two musical stand outs! I especially like the few opening notes of Ben's Death just before the dramatic Leia rendition. Only in the Seventies (and before that, of course) these lines were allowed. And in Qui-Gon's Death I like the French Horns playing the Duel of the Fates string sequence.

-----------------

Alex Cremers

I guess Qui-Gon's Death..... it's a dramatic piece, Ben Kenobi's Death and TIE Fighter Attack... well it leads into a great action piece better than Qui-Gon's Death... but the scoring of the death is less dramatic.

WTH is Qui Gon... the long haired hippie freak.

At least he "has" hair, Joe :D

The hair of Qui-Gon was fake. At least some of it was.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Hmm. Good question. I think Ben's death is superior visually and musically. I like the string pluck as he is killed, then the use of Leia's theme to express sorrow and sadness. I don't want to include the music for the TIE fighters because it has nothing to do with Ben.

You could say the same for Qui-Gon's death. The music right after that scene continues on to the Gungans and the Queen. They have nothing to do with the death, so why judge that music, simply because it follows it?

Jeff -- rambling

Neither! The most dramatic death is that for the death of Jabba the Hutt! So tragic!

Yeah or Boba Fett's death. ;)

Justin

Yeah! Nothing more tragic than being struck down by of all things ...... a friggin blind man! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Boba Fett's hey, you might not like his death but it's realistic, for example, a ww2 tank ace who destroyed about 500 enemy tanks, finally got killed when driving up to the front by a rocket from a P-47! Shit happens to the best of us.