Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

I don't like posters with full bodies. The feet are wasted space IMO.

No actually,they have to make the actors smaller in full body rather than huge heads taking all the space,so there's more room for a detailed background.

K.M.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they couldn't, because I couldn't.

The posters are far more detailed than they are given credit for.

Yes, Mark, the one in my avatar. I see the other posters as jumbled scenes with random bits of the movie strategically placed throughout. Woot. I've seen it before. The US one is more unique, at least for Harry Potter. It creates a distinct feeling, one that befits the maturing series, which is much more than I can say for the others. It's intriguing, mysterious, and dark; the kids' expressions are right on, and the dementors in the corner are quite frightening. More creative than the others, this poster is simple yet effective, with the best tagline yet for a Potter film: Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Ray Barnsbury

Though i got used to Hermione's pink hoodie,Harry doesn't look like a powerful wizard in that jogging suit.

K.M.Who thinks Buckbeak should have been in one of the posters.

Did you see the second international poster? It has all the the qualities you just described, but looks a lot better!  

It's better than the first internat'l poster, but Harry looks seductive for some reason, and the wind is kinda cheesy. I like the simplicity of the US one.

Who thinks Buckbeak should have been in one of the posters.

I agree, we haven't seen much of him, and even less of Prongs. That's probably to avoid spoilers though.

Ray Barnsbury

Harry looks seductive for some reason

Ray Barnsbury

Maybe they realized the powerful box office potential of religious people in large groups and are trying to get all the priests to go see this movie.

I heard a few hours ago on BBC that there are a few characters were cut out of the third movie. Not only the Dursley's, but they said that a rumer has it that Dumbeldore has been entirly cut out of the picture, which I find very hard to believe. Did anyone see this or does any know anythign more about these rumers?

I'm guessing you're meaning the fourth film, not third. I really wouldn't trust this at all. They would never cut Dumbledore out completely; he's far too involved in the plot of the whole series let alone the fourth book.

And to previous posts that must have popped up in the last 24 hours; I don't consider the Potter books to be children's books. Yes, they were originally aimed at children, but they are complex, detailed books that hold far more than simple fantasy stories. So I think the US cover for the books are ridiculous.

Well, it's probably their mistake or it's simply not true. It's a little strange to say that now, after we've seen countless images and clips of Dumbledore in the new movie. Quite silly, actually.

That's what they said. They might have heard wrong. And it's always possible to see stuff in trailers and stills that weren't in the movie.

Not that much. There were shots of Dumbledore welcoming the school (as if they'd get rid of that); Dumbledore arriving at the Flight of the Fat Lady; Dumbledore talking to teachers/Percy in the Great Hall at Halloween, with students asleep around him; that little magic trick with the candle and some more. (Or not, that's probably it).

They should've used that as the basis for the PoA poster.

Even if it was for Order of the Phoenix?

Morlock, maybe they said they were cut from the third sequel, thus meaning Goblet of Fire.

Neil

They used the third movie's trailer and said something to the effect of 'Well, I guess these scenes won't be in the movie, despite being in the trailer'. But I'm pretty sure they were just passing on rumers about the fourth film, and mistakenly attributed them to PoA.

I heard a few hours ago on BBC that there are a few characters were cut out of the third movie. Not only the Dursley's, but they said that a rumer has it that Dumbeldore has been entirly cut out of the picture, which I find very hard to believe.  

obviously you heard wrong.

But that would be so stupid it would be like cutting Sauruman out of ROTK. It can't possibly happen....

Or can it?

Justin

the previews of the film, not the trailers, but the actual sneak previews, have had both Dumbledore and the Dursleys.

Well what does he do in 3 that moves the plot forward?  

He's the only one who believes the trio at the end, and he provides the Time Turner, etc . . . can you honestly imagine this film without Dumbledore??

Ray Barnsbury

I'm not Audax.

Marian - who posted the British POA cover. :)

My mistake. Please forgive me.

Neil

I'm not Audax.

Marian - who posted the British POA cover. :)

My mistake. Please forgive me.

Neil

Shame on you! But I'll forgive you :(

Morlock, maybe they said they were cut from the third sequel, thus meaning Goblet of Fire.

Neil

Well OK I meant something alomng those lines. Not EXACTLY that.

Hence the "basis for".

I think they meant the first prequel from the 4th sequel.

Justin

The fourth and the fifth are even better than this thirth! (But even the thirt is still great)

So... Just 2? 5? days till the listening party?

Is this the Harry Potter rap I've heard is on the new upcoming cd.

Sirius Black is the actual title of this new rap.

If you want to read all the lyrics here they are :thumbup:

The Dutch PoA cover actually looks like this:

neth3.jpg

Later issues have the US Harry Potter logo, instead of simply Harry Potter in "regular" font.

Deze voorkant is veel mooier dan de Engelse versie. :thumbup:

I don't know, but I just noticed that my HP 2 cd has the same text. It's one of the 'enhanced' cds, and the enhancments suck BTW.