Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

I hope i hope i hope Kloves kept the Riddle House scene. I love that scene so much!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with Frank at the beginning, or the sequence where the Riddles are found dead, you know the scene I borrowed and gave everyone here a hissy fit.

:roll:

Don't stop mentioning that. Everyone would hate to forget it.

The beginning scene . . . I think both parts, have been filmed, as reported by Mugglenet a month or two ago.

~Sturgis

my favorite picture has been the Goblet itself. the one where Krum is putting in his name.

Kloves isn't at the helm, Mike Newell is, get it right.

Cuaron did the worst job imho

Yes I know. But I was acknowledging that Steve Kloves is a terrible screenplayer. Try reading the rest of my post before opening your mouth.

Columbus did the worst job imho.

Yes I know. But I was acknowledging that Steve Kloves is a terrible screenplayer. Try reading the rest of my post before opening your mouth.

His Potter scripts may not be perfect, but I think they're far from terrible. Also, Kloves wrote The Fabulous Baker Boys and Wonderboys, two excellent screenplays...so I'd hardly call im terrible.

Marian - ROTFLMAO

Kloves isn't at the helm, Mike Newell is, get it right.

Cuaron did the worst job imho

Columbus did the worst job imho.

then say what you mean the first time.

you certainly do not come across as a Harry Potter fan, despite your screen name. Maybe you just like the books?

Your logic fails you, JoeinAr. I may have misworded "at the helm" for describing Kloves, and I suppose I could have just added "writing the sceenplay", but there was no need for stupidity and rudeness. I also fail to see how preferring the books makes me any less of a Harry Potter fan. Go to any half-intelligent Potter forum and you'll see that the vast majority of people disliked all the movies - but more specifically the first two. I supposed you preferred the movies; the books were a little too hard for you to grasp, with not enough pictures to tell you what was happening.

His Potter scripts may not be perfect, but I think they're far from terrible. Also, Kloves wrote The Fabulous Baker Boys and Wonderboys, two excellent screenplays...so I'd hardly call im terrible.

I just think Kloves is yet to get it right - In PS/CoS he included too much, with all the redundant plot lines that add little to the overall story of the series that weighed more than the real plot-lines. Then in PoA he cut out too much. All I'm saying is that I hope he has reached that happy medium. Oh, and the cheezy dialogue I have problems with too, or maybe that he doesn't know how to include Jo's wonderfully British humour, being an American and all. That's all. :thumbup:

Your logic fails you, JoeinAr. I may have misworded "at the helm" for describing Kloves, and I suppose I could have just added "writing the sceenplay", but there was no need for stupidity and rudeness. I also fail to see how preferring the books makes me any less of a Harry Potter fan. Go to any half-intelligent Potter forum and you'll see that the vast majority of people disliked all the movies - but more specifically the first two. I supposed you preferred the movies; the books were a little too hard for you to grasp, with not enough pictures to tell you what was happening.

I just think Kloves is yet to get it right - In PS/CoS he included too much, with all the redundant plot lines that add little to the overall story of the series that weighed more than the real plot-lines. Then in PoA he cut out too much. All I'm saying is that I hope he has reached that happy medium. Oh, and the cheezy dialogue I have problems with too, or maybe that he doesn't know how to include Jo's wonderfully British humour, being an American and all. That's all. :thumbup:

The fighting is unecessary guys.

Regarding the script, i think Kloves should get more than just brushing him off as terrible like that. It's very hard to capture the spirit of a book, especialy Harry Potter and especialy Goblet of Fire. Give the guy a break.

The official GoF teaser poster is out, featuring Harry in his Triwizard Tournament robes.

gofteaser.jpg

Pretty good, although that "Potter 4" looks like it was tacked on afterwards. At first I thought it was referring to the movie, then I realized that they must've put names and numbers on the Triwizard robes.

I remember when I had my first beer!

great poster John, I was just about to post it too.

The official GoF teaser poster is out, featuring Harry in his Triwizard Tournament robes.

gofteaser.jpg

Pretty good, although that "Potter 4" looks like it was tacked on afterwards. At first I thought it was referring to the movie, then I realized that they must've put names and numbers on the Triwizard robes.

Everything looks great except for the Potter 4, which looks like it was done in Microsoft Paint.

btw can anyone name 2 actors in Sorcerer's Stone/Philosopher's Stone who were not English?

Stefan's got one, there is another who has a speaking role, I'm not talking about background people btw.

Verne Troyer is also from the US.

And since your question was:

btw can anyone name 2 actors in Sorcerer's Stone/Philosopher's Stone who were not English?

We can also add Fiona Shaw, Richard Harris, Devon Murray (Irish) Robbie Coltrane, Sean Biggerstaff (Scottish), Chris Rankin, Terence Bayler (New Zealand)

true, but they did fall within Rowlings wishes,

Shouldn't that poster say "Difficult times lie ahead of Harry?" It just doesn't sound right. The image is okay, but it's too general overall; it's not going to make anyone want to see it more.

Mugglenet has some more behind-the-scenes footage.

Btw, I think the dragon looks great (thanks, Composer Fan!), why do some people think it looks awful? The spikes are the only thing that look CG to me. I love the overall look; its color, texture, the fire looks very cool.

~Sturgis, who thinks today will be one of the best days of 2005, and waiting anxiously for late tonight; I hope the trailer is as good as POA's first!!!!

I think this is what the whole area is, tell me if I'm wrong:

Great Britain is the island on which England, Wales, and Scotland are located.

The United Kingdom is the island of Great Britain and includes Ireland (or just one part of Ireland?)

So if the UK is a country, what are England, Scotland, and Wales?

~Sturgis, confused

Shouldn't that poster say "Difficult times lie ahead of Harry?"  It just doesn't sound right.

Obviously someone is saying that to Harry, which is why it's in quotes.

Neil

the quote is from Dumbledore or so the Leaky Cauldron thinks.

also grammer rules don't always apply to spoken words.

But Dumbledore, unlike Hagrid, has perfect grammer.

"Sorry abou' tha'."

-Hagrid

~Sturgis, who doesn't really care about the grammar and was joking in the first place

That dragon sure looks crappy

K.M.

I don't think it's a finished shot... the inside of it's mouth doesn't look like it's been rendered with full detail... same goes for the fire..

Thanx a lot for the heads up.

Teaser looks good to me, but I still don't see how this film can be good.

Poster is absolutely terrible, save for the tagline. The backlighting sucks, they totaly failed at the intended effect. The Potter 4 in red is a lame idea and is the first and most noticable eye sore in the poster.

and by crap, you mean COOL.

that was a great teaser.

YUMMMM!!!!!! OH that dsfj;wrhfuo;wruo; I love it!!! MADAME MAXINE IS AWESOME!!! wow. this teaser is just as good as the 3rd ones teaser... and gets your blood flowing a LOT better. wow.

New trailer is up. One word

CRAP!!!

Do you mind sharing with us the reasoning behind this otherwise totaly irrational statement?

I love the montage of the trio from each year at Hogwarts.

I say again, great teaser.

Hey better damn well mean CRAP!!! I CANT THINK OF ANYTHING BETTER TO SAY CAUSE THATS JUST SOOO COOL!!!! WOW!!!! :)

The montage is nice, but what follows isn't very good. I don't like the music on the second half. And what's with the line "Eternal glory awaits the student who wins the tournament"? Horrible. And why is it that all the Durmstrang students are male and all the Beauxbatons students are female? That's not even accurate.

Well, if you take the way JK Rowling expects her audience to act like the Harry Potter world is serious, then this tournament is like one of the greatest honors in the whole wizarding world, if you win it. Its like the SuperBowl in a sense... except tons bigger. So that line really makes sense, if you take the scope of the tournament into perspective. :)

CRAP!!!

Do you mind sharing with us the reasoning behind this otherwise totaly irrational statement?

The trailer gives me an impression that the film won't have the spirit of Goblet of Fire.

Crap,CoS is broadcast by the CBC in simulcast.Doesn't seem like were getting the extra GoF stuff.There having some hockey related interview thingys during the commercials.

K.M.

NICE!!!

The footage in there looked really good. Yeah, it's edited like crap but that's standard trailer fare nowadays. I'm starting to warm up to Gambon's Dumbledore too. I've been awfully pessimistic about this movie for a while, but my optimism is starting to rise again.

finally i can do a reply from this...couple minutes ago i was getting a error and wont let me do a reply. but never mind it working now. :)

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harry_potter/thegobletoffire/   TRAILER    and if that is deleted or soemthing by neil or someone... then go to apple.com/ trailers    WOW!!!

The trailer was good to see, but The trailer size is small. Is Apple going to make a bigger size of the trailer?

Teaser - 1:19

Family / Fantasy / Action and Adventure

Mike Newell (dir.)

Daniel Radcliffe

Rupert Grint

Emma Watson

Robbie Coltrane

Ralph Fiennes

MPAA Rating: PG

the movie aready rated as PG? isnt too early to be rated?

Well in that case I won't be seeing it. Have they forgotten that people are murdered and tortured in this movie?