Noooo!!! My CD!!!

ridan

Crap. I was listening to my Jurassic Park CD in my sisters CD player. (Much better Stereo than mine), and she decided that she wanted to listen to it. so, i go to take my CD out, and she grabs the CD player, my CD falls out, and She drops the CD player right on top of my Disc, breaking it in Half. That was one of my favorite CD's! Today is the Worst day ever...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your post isn't clear. I'm guessing your sister wanted to listen to her stereo, not your Jurassic Park CD. As for her dropping her stereo, accidents happen.

Fortunately, that disc is still in print (be happy this didn't happen to a disc in the Goldsmith set). Andreas even has one for sale right now. You can read about it here.

Might I also recommend making CD-R back ups of your favorite albums?

Neil

Yeah, i am going to have to start making back-ups, Just in case.

An yes, she wanted to listen to her stereo.

Indeed, that takes strength and determination.

This was no accident...

That's what I am saying on a regular basis to the seemingly deaf people in our local postal office. Those guys manage to break everything: CD/DVD-Cases (absolutely normal), packages (they often look as if the damn delivery truck drove over it ... multiple times; mostly the packaging is only held together by enormous amounts of string and duct tape) and sometimes even the CD's/DVD's themselves.

So I conclude that it is not only possible but also happening frequently, even in the more civilized parts of this world.

If you own an original copy of the CD which was legally purchased then you are allowed to have as many copies of the music as you like, provided you don't distribute them. This means you can download the album legally, right?

I've managed to damage or scratch c.d.'s before,but not actually break one in half :thumbup:

I've had tons of CDs fall from my shelf when reordering, but usually only one or two jewel cases break. Once though, an actual CD broke into three parts that way. But it was a lame recording of Dvorak's Slavonic Dances, so I didn't mind too much.

Marian - who has the outstanding Kubelik recording anyway.

They don't have Jurassic Park at iTunes.

They do have:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial (20th Anniversary)

Jaws (25th Anniversary)

Nixon

Hook

Schindler's List

Neil

If that happened to me, I'd make my sister buy me a new CD. And then I'd torture her a little for each year I'd own the soundtrack. But that's just me.

Does ITunes have alot of soundtrack music? I thought it only had mostly modern pop stuff.

I was referring to protecting the original discs. As of last year, I have all my JW imported into iTunes and the originals in a safe place. Of course other software can do the same, but iTunes has worked well for me thus far.

The iTunes store is adding new stuff constantly, but I still buy actual copies for most of my music purchases.

sounds like an accident to me. Since Jurassic Park is so easy to find, there is way to much fuss over this. If a broke cd is the worst day ever you haven't lived any real life.

OK, so I may have Overexaggerated the "Worst Day" thing.

And I cannot find the soundtrack in any stores, only online, and I cannot order anything from online.

If that happened to me, I'd make my sister buy me a new CD. And then I'd torture her a little for each year I'd own the soundtrack. But that's just me.

But then you're CD would have been some Alan Menken score and just having to pay money to obtain that music is torture enough.

Justin - ROTFLMAO

I don't have a redit card, but I use my siblings for it. On Amazon or Varese, I use my sister's international credit card. One ebay, I use my brother's paypal account. And in both cases, I just pay them in cash for it.

Ross, did you get Menken's latest masterpiece Home On The Range yet?  :mrgreen:

Not yet. The damn thing hasn't reached European shelves yet.

-Ross, who still has faith, has faith, has faith, has faith....

Indeed.

Ross, did you get Menken's latest masterpiece Home On The Range yet?  :mrgreen:

I did get Menken's latest masterpiece. The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a fantastic score.

Wow I've never had a CD break in half.

And with some of the torture my wife puts her CD's thru neither has any of hers. Of course that's a main reason why she isn't allowed to touch my CDs.....