Yared's Troy Excerpts On-Line

Erik Woods

Oh, sorry for that...Troy...Legend...whatever...they both suck.  

Oh, you've seen Troy then? What did you think, would you mind posting a short specific review?

Ray Barnsbury

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, sorry for that...Troy...Legend...whatever...they both suck.  

Oh, you've seen Troy then? What did you think, would you mind posting a short specific review?

Ray Barnsbury

Oh dear, Ray! You still don't get, do you? I use my instincts, my given talents and my abilities to avoid stinkers like Troy and Van Helsing. It safes me a vast amount of cash and, as a bonus, I'll get to keep my dignity. If you really feel the need to be insulted for a couple of hours, well then, that's fine by me.

Yes, Ray. I can see the mines hidden in the field. Why don't you accept it? What other proof do you need? The bait is so obvious and yet the beast of Hollywood is making countless victims. You've heard my warnings. You've seen brave men returning, their eyes filled with disgust, wishing they never went in the first place. The testimonials these people are making contain exactly the same words that I've been trying to send in many different threads. Not that you need it, but my advise to you is to go and see Troy . You will love it...and it will love you.

----------------

Alex Cremers

You know what, Alex, I have seen Troy, and though it's not the greatest movie ever made and not even as great as it could have been, it still is very good and I really enjoyed it. Now everytime I read your endless posts where you sound like a missionary in a land full of heretics, I feel strongly insulted by you. So if you don't mind, stop presenting your opinion as a higher truth and insulting everyone who enjoys some movies, even if those are not the revelation you obviously expect a movie to be in order not to be a total bomb.

Thank you very much.

AlexCremers reminds me of Figo.

Someone who's absolutely convinced his opinion is the only correct one, and pities us for having the folly of "a different opinion."

Cause remember, Alex has been around...he's seen a lot of movies, he knows things about films...he can smell a turkey a mile away.

He can even pass judgement on films that he has not seen.

With powers as great as those, we should gather around and listen to him.

Alex is wise.

Alex...is the word!

Oh dear, Ray! You still don't get, do you? I use my instincts, my given talents and my abilities to avoid stinkers like Troy and Van Helsing. It safes me a vast amount of cash and, as a bonus, I'll get to keep my dignity. If you really feel the need to be insulted for a couple of hours, well then, that's fine by me.  

Yes, Ray. I can see the mines hidden in the field. Why don't you accept it? What other proof do you need? The bait is so obvious and yet the beast of Hollywood is making countless victims. You've heard my warnings. You've seen brave men returning, their eyes filled with disgust, wishing they never went in the first place. The testimonials these people are making contain exactly the same words that I've been trying to send in many different threads. Not that you need it, but my advise to you is to go and see Troy . You will love it...and it will love you.

"What can one say, but....Alex!"

You know what, Alex, I have seen Troy, and though it's not the greatest movie ever made and not even as great as it could have been, it still is very good and I really enjoyed it. Now everytime I read your endless posts where you sound like a missionary in a land full of heretics, I feel strongly insulted by you. So if you don't mind, stop presenting your opinion as a higher truth and insulting everyone who enjoys some movies, even if those are not the revelation you obviously expect a movie to be in order not to be a total bomb.

Thank you very much.

ChrisAfonso,

I'm not expecting you to like my style but if you feel insulted by my words, then know you are part of the system too. If you feel endangered by my actions, or feel strong negative emotions, then please remember this: It isn't you who is scared. It is NOT you who is angry. It only means that I'm a little step closer to what I'm trying to accomplish. I know the road I chose is a long and difficult one, for the Beast of Mediocracy has had a headstart for Lord knows how many years. Forgive me if the ride gets bumpy.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I'm almost in tears right now from laughter . . . I half posted my entry up there to get another classic Alex response, which I did. Thanks for the entertainment!!!

Ray Barnsbury :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: ... ow sorry you were saying something Alex.

I believe you forget the one and only important rule of entertainment: GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT

And its very obvious the people want these movies. Even when they aren't masterpieces. So please stop the whining about that monster of yours.

If you want to see some good movies go and watch the movies your instinct tells you to and please let us be disappointed about films peacefully.

Audax - Who knows he is part of the system too according to the GREAT Mr. Cremers (nice one Stefancos :))

Back on topic though; I think it would be great if they released the dvd with both Troy's soundtracks on it! They should have done the same with the SW prequels; the soundtrack that Williams envisioned and the one Lucas pasted together. (they may leave the last one out too :mrgreen: )

ChrisAfonso

I believe you mean ChrisALfonso

Justin -Ready for Steef's gigantic "L". :mrgreen:

By trying to correct me on the spelling you've managed to insult him even more. At least I showed some respect towards his name.

----------------

Alex Cremers

:| ... ow sorry you were saying something Alex.

Oh sorry, Audax. Did I wake you up from your eternal sleep? Good. I can't imagine a better start for you. Fasten your seatbelts.

----------------

Alex Cremers

*fastens his seatbelts* Can I sleep now again? Eternity is still quit some time...

Hey, Alex, you should propose to the makers of the Bond movies to have you employed as the next Bond villain, trying to rid all the world of the monster of mediocracy and bombing the sets of "commercial" movies or so. In the final battle, while Bond tries to shoot you down, you will bombard him with endless discussions and polemics, until his head explodes.

There's real potential in there.

What a great way for me to reach a larger audience!

"Go ahead, Mr. Bond! But before you shoot me down, remember that without me, the world would be a colorless place, populated only by people who would be perfectly happy if every movie turned out to be a Troy or a Van Helsing. Think about it, Mr. Bond. Is that what you really want?"

----------------

Alex Cremers

Remember AlexCremers.

Always give the people what they want:

Chris Al.jpgfonso.

Don't make fun of him,he directed Harry Potter3 you know.

K.M.

I petitioned for the release of the original Star Wars trilogy alongside 50.000 other fans and look where it got us.

I petitioned for the release of THX 1138 and look where it got us.

I went against the grain and fought the Beast and look where it got me.

I'm all petitioned out.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I found this on the www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=17168 website. This is a quote from some bloke who was at the test screening in Sacramento on the 10th of March:

So what didn't I like? Well, the music. Horrible. Painful. Worst score ever? In a movie that's so close to greatness, this was a weird flaw. But before they screened the flick they said a bunch of the stuff was not completed. Some of the special effects didn't look quite right yet, but I figured that was because they hadn't finished them yet. So maybe the music's crap because it's not the real music? I sure hope so. I almost never even notice movie music but this stuff was aggresively nauseating.  

He was obviously listening to a different score to the one I heard on the Gabriel Yared website! Either that or it was just a poor mix. I can't imagine Gabriel Yared score not working in this type of film.

So what didn't I like? Well, the music. Horrible. Painful. Worst score ever? In a movie that's so close to greatness, this was a weird flaw. But before they screened the flick they said a bunch of the stuff was not completed. Some of the special effects didn't look quite right yet, but I figured that was because they hadn't finished them yet. So maybe the music's crap because it's not the real music? I sure hope so. I almost never even notice movie music but this stuff was aggresively nauseating.

Here's a guy that never pays attention to anything. And to think they gave him so much power. What a world, what a world.

----------------

Alex Cremers

But on the other hand, listening to Kenneth Branagh's commentary on Dead Again, he says how crucial the test screenings were, they cut the film by 45 minutes, and made a far superior movie out of it.

I think each case is different. If there was something wrong, then it certainly wasn't the music.

Where was the screening held for Dead Again?

I'd still like to see the cut sequences from Dead Again though. Mentioning them on the commentary and not including a single one of them on the DVD is a crime.

Marian - ;)

Well, at least there was that great commentary track. It was the first one Branagh did, his other movie's extra were slim to nil.

I think the movie works so well, an is so tight, that I'm fine with the cut. You also a fan of the movie?

And to think that in several decades, it'll be a movie created by people who are all dead. Now how good can it really be...

I think the movie works so well, an is so tight, that I'm fine with the cut. You also a fan of the movie?

I'm a fan of most things Branagh does...including his Frankenstein.

Marian - :devil:

His Frankenstein is incredible, as is the music (I never understood why Clemmensen gave this masterwork of Doyle's a **). I'll soon buy the DVD as I've seen it in a store for 9,99? (used, but what the hell... my used Ever After DVD I got there is like new).

And to think that in several decades' date=' it'll be a movie created by people who are all dead. Now how good can it really be...[/quote']

I'm sorry, but that just does not make any sense to me.... :roll:

I'm a fan of most things Branagh does...including his Frankenstein.

Marian - 8O

:devil:

I'm sorry, but that just does not make any sense to me....  :roll:

Nor me. But you've been using the same "reason" for classical music and old film scores.

Marian - who knows Stefan knows.

Parts of it are in black and white, so how good can it possible be?

You are a man with foolish dispositions.

• 4 weeks later...