JWs Long lost twin

hoby12

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember there's a guy in the movie "10" with Dudley Moore that looked a lot like Williams. It was the sequence where he first arrives at the Mexican resort and the guy in question is driving him to his room in a little cart. I should check to see who's credited with that role.

Well considering that in 1979 Dudley Moore yelled "John Williams f*** yourself!" in the movie Derek and Clive Get the Horn, I'm sure Williams would have politely declined the opportunity of working with Moore. Watch the movie if you don't believe me. There's a moment where they discuss film music, and Moore yells the infamous line.

Well considering that in 1979 Dudley Moore yelled "John Williams f*** yourself!" in the movie Derek and Clive Get the Horn, I'm sure Williams would have politely declined the opportunity of working with Moore. Watch the movie if you don't believe me. There's a moment where they discuss film music, and Moore yells the infamous line.

For your reference, Williams did worked with Dudley Moore at least in two ocasions: in 1985 Moore was the narrator of the uS release of Williams and the Pops recording of Peter and the Wolf. Later in 1991, both were involved in bringing to existence the Walt Dysney Youth Symphony Orchestra -- along with the late Henry Mancini, Jerry Goldsmith and bassist Ray Brown.

Indeed, and the Peter and The Wolf recording is absolutely wonderful, my favorite ever of the piece.

Oh, and BTW Miguel, thanx for the email a couple of weeks ago :mrgreen:

For your reference, Williams did worked with Dudley Moore at least in two ocasions: in 1985 Moore was the narrator of the uS release of Williams and the Pops recording of Peter and the Wolf. Later in 1991, both were involved in bringing to existence the Walt Dysney Youth Symphony Orchestra -- along with the late Henry Mancini, Jerry Goldsmith and bassist Ray Brown.

Cool, thanks for the info. By the way, I realize my message makes it look like Moore and Williams were discussing film music. I meant Moore and Peter Cook. Williams himself doesn't appear in the movie. He just gets mentioned in that one classic line!

Hey, I actually have that recording. Not with Dudley Moore, though.

- Marc, who wants to hear Peter and the Wolf without narration.

Which version do you have then?

The one with the Dutch narration.

• 2 weeks later...