What is the best promotional tagline for a Spielberg film?

Hlao-roo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just When you thought it was safe to go back in the water?

I know its not Spielberg, how about if adventure has a name it must be indiana jones, my fav is still We Are Not Alone.

Obviously a joke, right Joe?

I love "The Return of the Great Adventure." What promise! "65 million years in the making" is another bold statement of the thrills and craftsman ship that lie within the film too.

"We are not alone" has my vote for the best of them all though. Mystery, intrigue, potential threat, it's all there, and when you couple it with the mysterious road in the key art, it's an incredible bit of advertising.

I'm sorry dear Steef, I stand corrected.

Steven Awalt, swipe under my post to see the real answer.

"We are not alone" is my favorite, but IMO "David is 11 years old. He weighs 60 pounds. He is 4 feet, 6 inches tall. He has brown hair. His love is real. But he is not." is also quite good.

Ah, John Seale. At least The Fan Club will be beautifully shot.

The first rule of Fan Club is - you do not talk about Fan Club. The second rule of Fan Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fan Club.

Neil

Someone had to do it.....I'm just surprised it was Neil of all people. Neil rarely does what 'someone' has to do, only what Neil has to do. My entire belief system is shaken.

Ah, John Seale. At least The Fight Club will be beautifully shot.

The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.

Neil

I know I don't except to talk bad about it.

A Jerry Bruckheimer production? 8O

Nice to see Goldsmith and Bernstein have taken the trouble to rise from the grave again, though. :|

I know, I know they died this summer, but I needed some very well-known composers. And, yeah, Jerry Bruckhiemer was the first producer that come to mind and I wanted to make that poster quick.

~Sturgis, glad to see he caused so much discussion

I personally like this one:

"65 million years in the making" from Indiana Jones 4

The worst one is from Saving Private Ryan.

"In the last great invasion, of the last great war, the greatest danger for eight men... was saving one."

It's not a tag line- it's a fricken' tag paragraph! They must have thought the tag line should be as long as the movie.