"Lament" will be...

King Mark

Lament will be  

24 members have voted

1. 1.

• The greatest choral track since The Dark Side Beckons
    • The Dark Side Beckons can never be beaten
    • It will be great,but be part of the unreleased cues left off the c.d.
    • Lucas will decide to leave that sequence unscored after all so we'll never hear it
    • Lucas will track the concert version of DotF from TPM or The Imperial March instead of it

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a difference between the first two options. Both seem to say that "Dark Side Beckons" is/will be the better of the two pieces... or is it just me?

Jeff - who voted for option 2

lament, is that the track where Vader regrets murdering his wife, only to be turned around at the end by Sideous?

I suspect we get a 2 disc set, I'm still curious as to what the dvd we get with the cd is all about, maybe footage of John's scoring sessions.

Probably a crapload of promotional stuff. Trailers, wallpapers, videogame demo. Although, seeing how it's supposed to be a DVD, there may indeed be a chance we'll get some footage of the recording sessions. Fingers crossed, I guess. :|

My prediction is music videos from all of the movies.

And where is the "'Lament' will be heard in the movie, but tracked into a scene for which it was not written." option?

Neil

Williams - OSCAR win for 2006! WOTW or STAR WARS - you heard it here first.

And last most likely.

Justin - who thinks ROTS does not have a flying chance in a million years. :|

If Williams wins an Oscar in '06, it'll be for Geisha. But not if he wins for PoA. Anyway, I expect "Lament" to equal "The Dark Side Beckons" in restrained power.

Ray Barnsbury

Probably a crapload of promotional stuff. Trailers, wallpapers, videogame demo. Although, seeing how it's supposed to be a DVD, there may indeed be a chance we'll get some footage of the recording sessions. Fingers crossed, I guess. :|

If so, I would have thought that one of the scoring session reports would have mentioned the filming. :cry:

I am sure that it will be crap.

Thinking and ROTJ never met.

Why must you be so negative? I've heard someone somewhere actually likes that movie and you aren't considering those feelings with a comment like that.

Neil

Why must you be so negative? I've heard someone somewhere actually likes that movie and you aren't considering those feelings with a comment like that.

Neil

I was talking about Prof. Artemus Thinking, and Reginald Oswald Theodore Jenkins, as far as I know those two never met.

Sorry for any feelings that might have been hurt in the confusion.

Boy, it sucks being right all the time. Another topic being turned into a bash-Lucas session by Joes whining about ROTJ. Amazing, and the moderator of the board - just as childish - egging him on.

Goodbyyyeeeee intelligent discussion... I would have liked to spend more time with you. :roll:

Jeff - not whining, stating the obvious

Boy, it sucks being right all the time. Another topic being turned into a bash-Lucas session by Joes whining about ROTJ. Amazing, and the moderator of the board - just as childish - egging him on.

Goodbyyyeeeee intelligent discussion... I would have liked to spend more time with you. :roll:

Jeff - not whining, stating the obvious

it would suck if you were right all the time, but your not.

It will be great,but be part of the unreleased cues left off the c.d.

Partially. I'm guessing that it could possibly be a theme or motif and used in a few places... with at least one really good version left off of the original soundtrack. Every Star wars score has had top-notch stuff left off of the original release, especially ROTJ.

And I agree with Jeff. You know, some people love ROTJ. I've known people for years who believe that's their favorite movie. When i was a kid, the final contest between Luke, Vader and Palpatine was THE single most memorable movie scene I have ever seen in a movie theatre. Although Empire is my favorite movie, the scenes between those three are the most masterful example of climatic moviemaking to me. Just because Vader got a little soft on Luke (which happened to be his son) and redeemed himself before he died seems to rub a few people the wrong way that they think the whole movie stinks and people who like it are retarded or something. This line of thinking makes little sense to me. This message board is the only place where I've seen such comments.

However, that doesn't mean that these opinions are valid opinions to have. by all means, they are! But the mocking, taunting and arrogance of the comments are what irk me. And no, this doesn't mean that I hate anybody either. But nor does that does mean that I can't speak my opinion and say how much it pisses some people off too.

Here is my example of how someone can use their own opinion in an extremely arrogant way.

<Person 1> "Star Wars is such juvenile nonsense with flying models, fake looking aliens, a ripoff of the old and overdone heroes/pirates/princesses/good vs. evil storyline, outdated and derivative classical-style music, goofy special effects and all of it's fans are total nerds who can't move on from the 70s."</Person 1>

<Person 2> One could say, "Well, maybe that's true to some degree and from some people's point of view, but I still like it."</Person 2>

<Person 1> *Snobbily rolls eyes*</Person 1>

Both opinions are worthy of merit, but one is pig-headed and arrogant. Movies aren't like facts that one can prove. Movies, like other arts and music, are either enjoyed or disliked differently from person to person. And stating your opinion as better than another's is actually quite silly. It's one reason why I also hate critics. Even if they make a million points of why a movie is good or a million points why a movie is terrible, it has no bearing on whether or not anybody else will feel the same way and think the same or completely opposite.