Williams Have Lost Weight

SkyMaker

In the past several months, anytime Williams is on print or broadcasts, it appears he has lost weight. I was hoping that it was a healthy and deliberate loss, rather than due to an illness. Now that several months have passed and it's consistent that his weight loss is stable and most likely, his prefered weight, I am more at ease that he is in fine health.

Also, I really did want him to win this year, the same way I want him to win every year. But it seems to be that, even though his scores are consistently superior to the ones that wins, it seems that his composing colleagues, that votes for the score category knows that Williams is really the best all time film composer, past and present, and it's way too easy for him to outmuscle them all, therefore, a living legend is way too big to contest, and his name appears so frequently on the nominations that the voters just take him for granted, and vote for the less commonly nominated composers.

Therefore, recent winners such as Yared, Goldenthal, Corigliano, Shore and other names that rarely gets nominated tend to get more attention on the ballot and therefore ends up winning. But by no means are their scores better than Williams.

Williams' virtuoso composing technique can run rings around all of them put together at any day of the week, every week. I only want Williams to win not to prove anything more for Williams, only for him to get a little extra joy & appreciation for his efforts, and to refresh his spirits up.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if his weight loss came with his recent work. We heard reports that he was exhausted after PoA and needed a break. I suppose the conducting in recording sessions would really take it out of you, especially at his age!

I really don't know what the rest of the topic was about, but I agree, he is quite the awesome.

Considering that he just came back from London after recording Ep. III and jumped straight into WotW with little/no break and all the Oscar-related stuff I'm sure he's had to do, at his age, he looks just fine.

When I saw JW on 'Evening at Pops' right after Schindler's List came out, I thought he looked thin. This was more than ten years ago. I don't think it's a sign of his health, only his age. He will continue to look more and more frail as he gets older, like all 70+ year old people look. I wonder if JW has ever considered hiring a conductor instead of doing it all himself. With JW still right there in the studio, he can still make all the creative decisions without the physical demands of conducting for hours at a time.

Jeff

It is said that conducting an average orchestra concert is equal to playing six sets of tennis. This is attributed to why most conductors live as long as they do.

As far as his having a "fake beard," that's the stupidist thing I've ever heard.

Clint Eastwood is even thinner that Williams,and he's older than Williams too.And Clint doesn't look like he's going to die any time soon

K.M.

I wonder what Williams would think if he knew that there were this many people out here obsessed with every nuance of his health? :(

What is this, the third or fourth "how healthy is Williams?" thread we've had in just the last few months?

Clint Eastwood is even thinner that Williams,and he's older than Williams too.And Clint doesn't look like he's going to die any time soon

K.M.

That's different, Death came and try to take Clnt years ago, but Clint just stared Death in the face till Death ran of crying like a little girl....

What is this, the third or fourth "how healthy is Williams?" thread we've had in just the last few months?

A bad omen...

A bad omen...

Or just a sign of an overly obsessed community that might just be inventing their worries. :angry:

I wonder if he composes while having sex. Like he's doing it, and he hears music or something. hmmm, maybe that's why he is an amazing composer, a very active sex life gets that musical part of the brain working.

I wonder if he composes while having sex.  Like he's doing it, and he hears music or something.  hmmm, maybe that's why he is an amazing composer, a very active sex life gets that musical part of the brain working.

Yes, and he uses The Red Violin instead of piano for such composing.

Jeff

And a little fanatical regarding Williams.  Pretty soon we're going to get a thread concerning his bowel movement consistency...

jp_208.jpg

"That is one big pile of shit..."

Jeff