"ROTS Soundtrack Preview for StarWars.com Members"

Mr_K

Whoa...does this mean I'll finally have to sell myself out and shell out $40 to join Lucasland? Oh dear......

I believe the report, but I see no mention of it on the official site.

If this is so, Lucas has no shame- he's caught me hook line and sinker.

Mr. K

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa...does this mean I'll finally have to sell myself out and shell out $40 to join Lucasland?  Oh dear......

Mr. K

Mr. K, don't give in to hate! That leads to the dark side of the force.

Hitch, who won't join Lucasland but will set up a consortium called SPECTRE that will crush Mr Lucas and his flannel shirts with one swift stroke. Stop sniggering in the back rows! :(

That tracklist is already being discussed, and it's probably fake. And they're only giving an excerpt to Hyperspace members. No doubt bootlegs will appear within hours. So far for Hyperspace exclusives. :roll:

Yep...although, I can see how those could be working track titles as the soundtrack is being compiled and edited together...but certainly not something we'll see on the OST release.

I wonder what "excerpt" Hyperspace fans will enjoy listening to. Doubtless, the new Revenge of the Sith theme. In its entirety, though? If it's the full track, I might give in to temptation.

Mr. K

Geh. We all know we'll have the CD in our little paws in May anyway. I love SW, but I detest LFL being so miserable that they have to sucker us gullible fans into paying for a little bit more info on the film and "exclusives" that are widely available at the Official Site the next day anyway.

I want to experience the ROTS soundtrack properly, by listening to the full CD on it's release date. Anyone who joins Hyperscam just to hear that excerpt is a sucker.

Jeff

BTW, it's now officially mentioned on the official site too, but of course there's no mention of what this "preview" will actually be.

- Marc, who thinks Yoda looks like Sam Jackson in some of the pics on the OS. :?

Geh.  We all know we'll have the CD in our little paws in May anyway.  I love SW, but I detest LFL being so miserable that they have to sucker us gullible fans into paying for a little bit more info on the film and "exclusives" that are widely available at the Official Site the next day anyway.

I read a report saying that the soundtrack will be released in April along with all the other merchandise. Then again before that I also read one saying it would be in May. Does anyone know for sure when it's going to be released? I have my fingers crossed for April.

Ted

All the other SW scores were released at least a month before. But then again it seems like they are trying to tie Soundtrack releases closer to their theatrical releases.

Justin

The album will be released on May 2nd in Europe and May 3rd in North America. The catalog number will be SK94221. (thanks to Jim Ware!)

Neil

It was eazy to download the trailer within minutes that it aired on the O.C. without beeing an Hyperspace member,so you won't need Hyperspace fopr this either.

K.M.

I'm going to be blunt, anyone dumb enough to shell out $40.00 bucks to join just so they can hear music they will have to pay for in 48 days is very very stupid.

Don't pay a cent to join Hyperspace. These things can be found rather easily. All the links you need are in a couple of other SW threads.

John- just got home from work and surprised the preview still isn't up.

By the way, starwars.com says the preview will be available on April 4th, a week prior to merchandise debuting.

So besides the "scorpion dance" excerpt we heard the other week, that'll be the first chance any of us will have to listen to the final ever Star Wars music.

Here.

It has this nice flamenco dance kind of feel, as that scorpion-like robot thing dances creepily onto the ship and splays its gouging mechanism. Wow. Scored to perfection. Bodes well.

So I now affectionately know that small 3 second segment on the video (at about 0:40) as the "scorpion dance" music.

Must....resist....LFL rip-off.....

Will....listen to track....on..CD.....

:micro: :micro: banghead banghead banghead

gah....GAHHHHHH!!!!

Mr. K

Here.
It has this nice flamenco dance kind of feel, as that scorpion-like robot thing dances creepily onto the ship and splays its gouging mechanism. Wow. Scored to perfection. Bodes well.

So I now affectionately know that small 3 second segment on the video (at about 0:40) as the "scorpion dance" music.

Bowie, I'm not convinced that small clip is actual score. It sounds like synth and not the LSO.

Neil

I've listened to it about 20 times, Indy. Not only does it sound Williamsy, and I've never heard it before, but the trumpets are real.

I was thinking maybe, when the preview stuff is leaked out, we should all join a chat room at some appropriate time, and listen to the file/s together in synch. And talk about our reactions live, in real time... but I guess that defeats the purpose of a forum.

Whoa...does this mean I'll finally have to sell myself out and shell out $40 to join Lucasland?  Oh dear......

Mr. K

Mr. K, don't give in to hate! That leads to the dark side of the force.

Hitch, who won't join Lucasland but will set up a consortium called SPECTRE that will crush Mr Lucas and his flannel shirts with one swift stroke. Stop sniggering in the back rows! :)

Obviously the class of people dare not be called fanboys/girls and detest general star wars fans. Hey you want to knock sw fans, that's ok by me. I'll enjoy listening to the small score clips as i'm a sw hyperspace member. The score alone is good but the film is where the entire expirence lies.

Err... Unless the score is 100 times better than the film... Then the only thing that keeps the movie going is the score.

i like this scorpion dance. i think its F-E-G-F-F-E. i'm not sure. BG harmonies dont sound very seventhy tho. thats why i dont think its williams.

Ok,I listened to the clip.The music for the "scorpion droid" on the spaceship?Hmmm,it MAY be Williams.Why would they have a special temp score.If it was a trailer it would be another story(like the temp music on the PoA trailers)Still,this sounds more like Williams than the music on the PoA trailers last year..

K.M.Who thinks it does sound Williamsy.

i like this scorpion dance. i think its F-E-G-F-F-E. i'm not sure. BG harmonies dont sound very seventhy tho. thats why i dont think its williams.

Yeah but make the final 2 notes: Ab-E...... ie, F-E-G-F-Ab-E. What he's doing here is building on intervals, in semitones: 0, 1, 3, 2, 3, 4; in alternating directions. The trumpets act percussively over a deep percussive bass ostinato in a weird pulsating time signature, much like something from The Mecha World or The 'Float'.

I'm positive that this fragment of notes plays some role of higher importance. Perhaps through-composed developing quotes of the Sith theme are dotted throughout this opening battle sequence track.

Obviously the class of people dare not be called fanboys/girls and detest general star wars fans. Hey you want to knock sw fans, that's ok by me. I'll enjoy listening to the small score clips as i'm a sw hyperspace member. The score alone is good but the film is where the entire expirence lies.

Dude, I am a VERY serious SW fan, but I don't think I have to fork out $40 to be so. To me, Hyperspace is a double-edged sword. Yes, good exclusives, but really in the end serves nothing more or less than I could get from a good fansite like T-bone's or even on rare occasion TFN. Besides, I'll be enjoying ROTS on the big screen before any Hyperspace member- trust me on that, son.

Mr. K

Dude, I am a VERY serious SW fan, but I don't think I have to fork out $40 to be so.  To me, Hyperspace is a double-edged sword.  Yes, good exclusives, but really in the end serves nothing more or less than I could get from a good fansite like T-bone's or even on rare occasion TFN.  Besides, I'll be enjoying ROTS on the big screen before any Hyperspace member- trust me on that, son.

Mr. K

First and foremost, i'm not your "son" and with that said i'll proceed. I don't care when you will see the film and it doesn't impress me if you have a projectionist friend get you through the back door, or better yet if you're related to Lucas himself.

Err... Unless the score is 100 times better than the film... Then the only thing that keeps the movie going is the score.

I didn't say anything about the quality of the film. What i said was the whole experience is seeing the film and hearing the score.

"the film is where the entire experience lies"... Unless the film is crap and provides no experience whatsoever, and the score carries the movie. Then the experience lies in the score.... I believe.