The Doctor Who Thread.....

Greg1138

BBC has released a second trailer!

With basically all the attention going to this episode its very easy to forget that in 1,5 months the era of the Eleventh will end and we know almost nothing of the Christmas Special. Neither the show itself nor the publicity mill have been focused on it at all.

Quite a change from The End Of Time, which they foreshadowed heavily for almost a year.

Looks like a whole lot to cram in an hour! Tennant looks like he's in top form.

And SUH, Rose was cool in series 4 when she was teasing at her cameos. But in the finale, she was really off. The muscled-up Ripley-Rose with her giant gun isn't the one we fell in love with in the first season. Certainly have my quips with some of those finale episodes.

I rather agree with KK here.

Just watched The Impossible Astronaut, brilliant stuff with a shocking "death" at Lake Silencio.

But I could not help wondering. If the Doctor that gets shot here is actually a Tessalector, who do we see it attempting to regenerate? I can't remember if "The Wedding Of River Song" answered this at all?

Also, River really does act shocked and outraged, even though...apparently....she already knows the whole how and why of this episode.

Moffat really dropped the ball with his series 6 arc....

Looks like a whole lot to cram in an hour! Tennant looks like he's in top form.

I believe it's 75 minutes, but year it will still feel crammed anyway, like most Moffat eps.

I like to view it as perfect!

I recently watched the first three episodes of the first new series and remembered how treat it was. I also paid more attention to the music. There was this bit when Rose is in Clive's she's and there's this lovely mysterious music that I instantly recognised. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Is it on the CD?

Which episode are you talking about? Can you be mor specefic? Is Clive's the restaurant? If you can narrow it down, I'll check-out my copy of the cd of Series 1 (you have no idea how bad I felt typing "Series 1"!!!!!!).

The still is fine.

I don't think that this music is on the "Series On..." "Series 27" (!!!!),CD, but I will try to check. Damn you sir; I will try!

The CD might have the music where the Autons come to life in London...er, sorry...I mean Cardiff...no...London...

I rather agree with KK here.

Just watched The Impossible Astronaut, brilliant stuff with a shocking "death" at Lake Silencio.

But I could not help wondering. If the Doctor that gets shot here is actually a Tessalector, who do we see it attempting to regenerate? I can't remember if "The Wedding Of River Song" answered this at all?

Also, River really does act shocked and outraged, even though...apparently....she already knows the whole how and why of this episode.

Moffat really dropped the ball with his series 6 arc....

The regenerating thing is a problem, but you can chalk that down to the Doc telling them to program it in to convince Amy and Rory. As you said, River knew what was happening as she was just playing along to convince her parents, just like in Season 5 when she pretends to not know who Rory is. I didn't love the season 6 story myself, as I felt it was far too present in the stories, but I don't think it didn't work from a logical point of view.

I don't think that this music is on the "Series On..." "Series 27" (!!!!),

Its called series one!

Series 6 overview

The Impossible Astronaut

A real cracker of a season opener! A brilliant show stopper at Lake Silencio which would both propel and haunt series 6. There are a few things about the series 6 arc that I think werent done right, but in it's infancy it's brilliant.

Day Of The Moon

Starts a trend with Doctor Who that continues till today. dropping us mid story, propelling both forward and backwards in the narrative, but often leaving out chunks of info (how exactly did they get out of the house in Florida, and what exactly happened in those 3 months etc etc) or impart information in such a fast an haphazard way that it doesn't seem to make sense. Even since it's revival Who has always had fast paced plots told on the run, but from here I often feel it's a 60 minute ep with 15 minuets of stuff cut out...

Many things to love through, the concept and portrayal of The Silence, the American setting, the gag of having Nixon pop up all of a sudden (underscored by the National Anthem). The really creepy stuff in the orphanage in the mid part of the episode.

The shoot-out at the end is a bit confusing though.

The Curse Of The Black Spot

Run of the mill ep, Moffat would do this a lot in series 7, take a film title or concept and do a Doctor Who version of it (Snakes On A Plane as Dinosaurs On A Spaceship, Journey To The Centre Of The Tardis etc etc)

Not really much to say about it, Rory dies again, and then not....

The Doctor's Wife.

Much much better!

The first time in the regenerated series we get to see any other parts of The Tardis then the main control room. (still no peek of the swimming pool, or the library...oh wait the swimming pool was in the library...). Amy and Rory haunted to House has a few creepy scenes, that would foreshadow The Girl Who Waited. The best bits are the scenes between The Doctor and his Tardis as a women. Both hilarious and moving.

Something keeps it from being a real classic though, not sure what though. Perhaps again the almost manic pace at times.

The Rebel Flesh/ The Almost People

Solid two parter, that does resemble the "us against them" angle from the Silurian story of series 5. Good characterization of the supporting characters. Rory finally gets to do something else then just follow Amy and The Doctor. In the end it does get a bit confusing with Ganger and human versions of the same people, and they resort to the mutated monster running amok trying to kill everyone near the end, which is a bit of a let down. Matt Smith is in great shape in a dual role.

The sudden cliffhanger is breathtaking, and really overshadows this fine, but fairly standard 2 parter.

A Good Man Goes To War

Typical of the arc heavy eps in this series, filled with great stuff, and a lot of stuff that just feels underdeveloped or redundant. We get to see the Headless Monks mentioned in series 5. But they aren't developed in any way. A cleric gay married couple is introduced, and nothing is done with that.

Rory is ubercool as a roman though, looking for his daughter and wife. And this ep introduces the Paternoster Gang, though one dies in this ep, but actually doesnt etc etc

The final revelation of River Song is good...but actually not THAT much of a surprise and not quite the answer fans were looking for since Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead. People wanted to know who she was for the Doctor at the time, the fact that she is Amy and Rory's kid is very interesting, but doesn't answer that question at all.

Still, a lot of sturm und drang, and near apocalyptic at times. A casual viewer wont make heads or tales of it, most fans will need to keep a note pad at this point, yet its somehow cool.

Let's Kill Hitler

Much in the same style as the previous one, though with more comedy. Again, lots of brilliant stuff.

Moffat drops in a character that Amy and Rory have known all their lives but fail to have mentioned, and after this ep never mentioned again, actually.

He then shows a bunch of hilarious flash backs sequences of Amy, Rory and Mells that makes him totally get away with it.

Something with Hitler, Mells dies and is reborn as Melody Pond, why will be River Song oneday. She poisons The Doctor. Theres a Teselact robot in there that can take anyone's shape and is playing temporal police (seemingly a less then subtle reference as America as the words police). The Teselact will be very handy for the series finale, and seems to have been created solely for that purpose.

Melody/River shoots up a restaurant in Nazi Berlin, yet no troops come in to see whats happened for the whole ep....

It's all mad, and zany and clever and funny and hard to comprehend, but because of all that, a bit lacking in the emotion that should be there.

An ep that both delights and rather annoys....

Night Terrors

The second part of series 6 would have a few strong eps with not so much of the arc stuff.

Night Terrors is a good, at times creepy story by Mark Gattis, going back to childhood fears. Sort of a mixture of (the awful) Fear Her and (the brilliant) The Doctor Dances. The climactic scene is taken pretty much from that ep word for word.

Matt Smith gets to interact with normal humans again on earth, which is always fun.

The Girl Who Waited

Probably the best ep of this series, certainly the most emotional one. Karen Gillan gives her best performance as a bittered and aged (but still looking good) version of Amy that was left by accident. She creates an effective contract to her younger self. Yet we manage to understand her and care about her even when she proclaims her hatred for The Doctor who left her. Darvil is almost as good as a Rory having to deal with basically two wives, and losing one. The scenes with the two Amy's conversing and the older Amy's farewell are this series most emotional scenes. This story would see the start of the Doctors decision to leave the Ponds.

The God Complex

The most forgettable one of the second half of series 6. Still some noteworthy stuff though. Most noteably, The Doctor lets Amy and Rory go in an effective scene where he proclaims he doesnt want to be the cause of their death.

While Amy and Rory have a cameo in the news episode, and alternate timeline version of both appear to wrap up the story arc, basically this does feel like goodbye for these two companions.

Closing Time

The Doctor checks back with Craig some days before his scheduled death at Lake Silencio and gets wrapped up in probably the most forgettable Cyberman adventure so far.

The great stuff here is Matt Smith trying to act normal and human in the 21th century, and Craigs reaction to that. All the baby stuff is great too.

Simply a delightful comedy episode.

Towards the end the episode takes a darker turn and creates an effective cliffhanger for the series finale.

The Wedding Of River Song

Back to Moffat's writing!

Again, lots to love, lots of clever, trowaway references to previous episodes and seasons. Jumping backwards and forwards through the narrative. Withholding vital info so the episode can drop it suddenly for maximum surprise effect!

Throughout I was once again, puzzled, entertained, and on a second viewing the series 6 arc holds together a bit better then I thought. (still no explanation on how a Teselact Doctor is supposed to nearly regenerate though)

The problem is that the whole arc does feel like its cobbled together and while in the end on a plot level it makes sense, Moffat dotted his I's and crossed his T's, on an emotional level it's surprisingly unsatisfactory.

The issue for me does lie in the treatment of River Song and her relationship to The Doctor. Again, she was presented as THE companion for the Doctor, the one he would share his deepest secret with, the one he would trust more then any other, even himself. The one he would love.

However no where in series 5 or 6 is this actually shown to happen. River and The Doctor get married, but why? Because that's the title of the episode?

Apparently they will stay sorta married and their relationship will consist of him taking her out on dates (seem in a few minisodes instead of the proper series) while she is in Stormcage for killing him, which according to this episode she doesnt remember...even though she actually does?

I'm still a huge fan of the character, and of Alex Kingston's brilliant portrayal of her. But even after having her back in series 7, Moffat still treats her like an enigma rather then The Doctors ultimate companion. A pity.

The ending of this ep again made me feel like Amy and Rory's time with The Doctor was concluded. I'm not sure why they were brought back for series 7. Their story felt done to me.

Series 6 is overall strong, but is far less successful when it comes to its arc. First of all the mystery of the exploding TARDIS was left unsolved, it wasnt even mentioned. The Shadow makes for an imposing enemy, but their exact motives and motivations remain unclear. Why did they think it was so dangerous for The Doctor to answer the First Question? (like the exploding TARDIS this is never brought up in series 7). Some great cliffhangers, but not quite enough substance or clarity.

I didn't love the season 6 story myself, as I felt it was far too present in the stories, but I don't think it didn't work from a logical point of view.

From a logic POV it sorta, kinda works. In a wibbly wobbly, timey whiney way. But not on an emotional level.

The Wedding Of River Song contains to many contradictions with the rest of the Arc, even within the same episode.

The version of River that was taken and put in Lake Silencio to kill The Doctor was a very young version, captured the day she recieved her Doctorate and BEFORE she began traveling with The Doctor. Yet at this point she already loves him so much that she prevents his death and causes an alternate universe where all of time happens all at once, even though her and The Doctor met once? (Lets Kill Hitler)

At Lake Silencio The Doctor tells the younger River in the sui that the older version at the picnick doesnt even remember shooting him, yet later near the end the River visiting Amy (The River just after the crash of the Byzantium) tell her she did remember...what???

Just too many inconsistencies, even for a show like Doctor Who, which cheerfully rewrites it's own rules and forgets them if a story requires it too, it's far to sloppy in it's plotting. If Moffat can't keep his timelines straight, how the hell am I supposed to?

I just started my complete Doctor Who marathon three days ago. One episode a day, every episode, fifty years! I reckon it'll take 3 years to complete. I'm even including all the recons of missing episodes, so literally EVERY episode. I've wanted to do this for years, and the 50th anniversary seems the ideal excuse. Three episodes into An Unearthly Child, and I'm loving it already. I'd forgotten just how unpleasant and stubborn the first Doctor was in these first few stories. Amazing. It really does seem like over the course of the first year of the show the companions Ian and Barbera help soften the Doctor from the angry old man of the first few episodes into the fun-loving, adventure-seeking hero we know him as today.

Looks like all the rumors are true. The Who team definitely has a big leak, first the OmniRumor and then this.

I liked it, though I wish there was more. A whole 30 minutes more with McGann would have been lovely, as I've come to really like him listening to the Big Finish audios. It was nice he referenced all his companions before he took the plunge. That ending shot has me guessing something which I'm going to keep to myself, but it helps fix a lot of problems people have had with Hurt thus far.

Leak? This seems to have been kept under wraps pretty damn good.

The John Hurt regeneration shows a younger John Hurt (even though basically John has always looked old and worn out). He also seems to reject his name.

It was good, but very brief.

Any rumours of an Eccleston cameo? ;)

I just started my complete Doctor Who marathon three days ago. One episode a day, every episode, fifty years! I reckon it'll take 3 years to complete. I'm even including all the recons of missing episodes, so literally EVERY episode. I've wanted to do this for years, and the 50th anniversary seems the ideal excuse. Three episodes into An Unearthly Child, and I'm loving it already. I'd forgotten just how unpleasant and stubborn the first Doctor was in these first few stories. Amazing. It really does seem like over the course of the first year of the show the companions Ian and Barbera help soften the Doctor from the angry old man of the first few episodes into the fun-loving, adventure-seeking hero we know him as today.

Way to celebrate, Pixie!

"Edge Of Destruction" is dark, and psychotic, and "The Web Planet" is the closest that DW ever got experimental theatre. Wonderful stuff. Bill Hartnell rocks!!!

Of course, if "Mssion To The Unknown", and "The Dalek's Masterplan" were found...

I was just wondering about something.

Between The Waters of Mars and The End Of Time The Tenth Doctor (who knows he's going to his death) delays and has a whole lot of adventures.

We see him doing the same thing before going to Lake Silencio, actually having some 200 years oh adventures we never see.

Do they do that to make it easier for spin-of media like Big Finish to do Tenth and Eleventh Doctor adventures at a later date?

I suppose the meat of the Doctor/River Song romance could have played during those missing 200 years. Still rather unsatisfying though....

A Christmas Carol

The most christmassy of the christmas specials. Essentially a remake of the Dickens tale, with flying fish!

Very very w2ell done though, both clever (Moffat has his usual fun playing with time) and emotional.

Michael Gambon makes for an outstanding Scrooge and Matt Smith is in top form opposite him. Katherine Jenkins is both beautiful and has a great voice.

Amy and Rory are a bit sidelined in this one, stuck on a crashing spaceship with a bridge similar to the JJ Abrahams Enterprise, complete with lens-flares.

Everythinmg you need a Christmas episode to be, and it also plays very well in November!

The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe

Starts Moffat's habbit of series 7 of doing Doctor Who versions of well known movies, or movie concepts.

This episode works well enough on Christmas itself. But overall it's a bit meh.

The opening and closing parts of this one are fine, very good actually, but it's all the stuff in the Narnia ripped of forest thats a bit dull and cliched.

Again, Matt Smith is good, though his Doctor seems a bit clueless in this one. He doesn't actually do anything in this episode but put 2 young kids in danger. Claire Skinner is an actress I've always been martial too,a nd she is very good as the widow Madge. Seemingly unphased when a man in a space suit comes falling from the sky asking to be driven to a police box.

Comedian Bill Baily has a fun role, but quite brief.

The who episode feels like it should either be a bit longer, or a bit shorter. Weird.

The ending where The Doctor visits the Ponds feels really tagged on.

Watchable, but forgettable.

Asylum Of The Daleks

The first full Dalek story since Victory Of The Daleks, and a vast improvement over that one.

This episode highlights a major difference in how Moffat handles The Daleks compared to Russel T. Davies.

In every Dalek story in the Davies era they seemed to be all but extinct, or even if they had rebuilt, at the end of the episode a single one just makes it out, and this event was referenced upon in the next Dalek story. After Victory Of The Daleks they were briefly seen in The Pandorica Opens, and The Wedding Of River song. Only the new colorful designs. This episode established that The Daleks are once again in full strength, with different models from throughout the 50 year history apparently having survived. No mention is made of the Timewar, or The Daleks being time-locked. Also for the first time in the regenerated series Skaro is shown. Unlike Gallifrey it apparently survived.

Moffat obviously has a much looser attitude towards series continuity.

This episode features the first appearance of Jenna Coleman. This is actually a brilliant teaser.

This is a good episode. The Daleks are more menacing then they had been for quite a while. Acting, set design and music is top notch.

Amy and Rory return. Hmmm...I'm still not sure. They really did feel finished to me. And the whole divorce plot felt really forced and rather quickly resolved to me. Well acted though.

Leak? This seems to have been kept under wraps pretty damn good.

The John Hurt regeneration shows a younger John Hurt (even though basically John has always looked old and worn out). He also seems to reject his name.

It was good, but very brief.

Any rumours of an Eccleston cameo? ;)

Its been rumored for months on Gallifrey Base that this was going to happen, an 8th minisode with a regeneration into Hurt. That mixed with the missing episodes rumors means somebody's talking.

No, there hasn't been any talk of 9, but Moffat said last week he likes regenerations, and Night of the Doctor proved all you need is a stand in and a computer nowadays for it to happen so I would be incredibly shocked not to see Hurt regenerate at some point. The question whether Eccelston actually filmed anything himself is up for debate, but I'd be inclined to think he didn't.

Can't agree more with you about Amy and Rory either. They never should have come back for season 7.

Dinosaurs On A Spaceship

A fun episode, though I suspect it was a bit more fun to make then to watch. Top notch effects and lots of individual brilliant scenes, but the overall result feels a bit wibbley wobbly.

Rory's dad by Matt Willaims is a fun adition. But the great white hunter and nefertiti? Why where they there?

For a supposedly light romp it does have a few darker moments. For instance The Doctor rather casually allows Salomon to die.

Enjoyable, not memorable.

A Town Called Mercy

An attempt at something a bit more weighted. The Doctor facing a similar moral dilemma as in Boom Town. Unfortunetly the western setting, complete with all the western cliche's feels overly familiar. and the character of a doctor who does bad things in times of war and tries to repent in times of peace has been done before and better in...i think.,..several incarnations of Star Trek.

I do like Matt Smith in this. And The Gunslinger. An interesting cross between Yull Brynner's cowboy from Westworld and The Terminator.

Weirdly this episode opens and closes with narration about The Doctor and The Gunslinger, but the narration is from a person not even featured in the episode...

The Power Of Three

Lots of good stuff here. Very smart invasion plan of billions of little black boxes. The Doctor trying to adapt to normal Earth live again. Rory's Dad as the exact opposite in temperament as The Doctor. And Lethbridge Stewart's daughter heading UNIT!

The episode becomes second rate after the boxes finally begin to kill though. This is the kind of global take over story the RTD used to do all the time (The Christmas Invasion, Army Of Ghosts, The Stolen Earth, The End Of Time, Torchwood's Children Of Earth) and managed to create an atmosphere of impending doom and destruction. Here The Doctor twiddles with the controls on a spaceship a bit and everything is fine.....

It doesnt actually feel like anything happened at all.

Its been rumored for months on Gallifrey Base that this was going to happen, an 8th minisode with a regeneration into Hurt. That mixed with the missing episodes rumors means somebody's talking.

No, there hasn't been any talk of 9, but Moffat said last week he likes regenerations, and Night of the Doctor proved all you need is a stand in and a computer nowadays for it to happen so I would be incredibly shocked not to see Hurt regenerate at some point. The question whether Eccelston actually filmed anything himself is up for debate, but I'd be inclined to think he didn't.

Eight Doctor cameo stories have been going on for years now and up until The Night Of The Doctor not one of them has proven to be true. Remember the rumours for The Doctor's Wife?

Moffat would not be Moffat and he didnt have a BIG AMAZING SURPRISE planned for the 50th anniversary episode. The fact that the presence of the Tenth Doctor has been known for ages and used as a tool to market the episode, and the fact that the presence of the eight Doctor was done as a prelude does make me wonder if an appearance of The Ninth Doctor isnt the big epic surprise that Moffat is keeping from us.

Matt Smith is fantastic, but I have missed David Tennant!

The Power Of Three

Lots of good stuff here. Very smart invasion plan of billions of little black boxes. The Doctor trying to adapt to normal Earth live again. Rory's Dad as the exact opposite in temperament as The Doctor. And Lethbridge Stewart's daughter heading UNIT!

The episode becomes second rate after the boxes finally begin to kill though. This is the kind of global take over story the RTD used to do all the time (The Christmas Invasion, Army Of Ghosts, The Stolen Earth, The End Of Time, Torchwood's Children Of Earth) and managed to create an atmosphere of impending doom and destruction. Here The Doctor twiddles with the controls on a spaceship a bit and everything is fine.....

It doesnt actually feel like anything happened at all.

To me, this episode should have been like Trouble with Tribbles, with the "villain" eventually revealed as a salesman just trying to unload stuff on Earth. The last third of the episode doesn't work at all and as you said, all he does is flip a couple of switches and saves the day.

It's a pretty big deal, for very die hard Who fans only. The general public probably doesnt have a clue.

I just finished The Name Of The Doctor. It's better on the second viewing, a bit less confusing.

I still think they should not have wasted the first 5 eps on the prolonged Amy and Rory goodbye tour and spend more time on establishing The Great Intelligence. Here is a villain who sacrifices his own life to kill the Doctor throughout all of time, and we've only had him as a main villain in The Showman and a cameo in The Bells of Saint John. (yes I know he was in two eps in the 60's too)

Something occurred to me is there a connection between Clara and River? River Song's last comment before she faded seemed to indicate.

I started to wonder if Clara isn't some unseen regeneration between the child in New York and Mels. Though Clara seems to have natural parents... Hmmm...

So, am I the only one who's wearing suspenders a bow tie and a fez tonight and is having fish custard for dinner?

Seriously, anyone else doing this tonight?

Really great tribute to 50 years of Doctor Who!

The script was typical of Moffat, lots of wibbley wobbley timey whiney stuff, and lot's of geeking around.

David Tennant felt just right as HIS Doctor, Matt Smith was is great shape and having the great John Hurt opposite them only made things better. Lot's of great banter, lots of self reference (love the opening shot)

Towards the end it gets suitable more toned down and sad in mood. The ethical dilemma of the John Hurt Doctor is well done.

And...they got Tom Baker back, looking ancient, yet utterly playful! With all due respect to the other surviving ones, if you bring back one, it HAS to be him. He is a joy to watch.

Even though it's a big episode, with lots of action and effects, and rather dense plotting it still feels like a character piece at heart.

Ruminations:

Billy Piper was in great form, and it's an interesting role, but it did mean she has no interaction at all with Tennant.

The Zygon's are cool looking aliens, but they clearly were a side show in this episode.

Loved the statement of The Doctor Forever when the story went to Tennant's Doctor. Some good music all round. But also some questionable tracking (I Am The Doctor for scenes featuring The John Hurt Doctor)

Very daring to include a blink and you'll miss it cameo of Peter Capaldi

Of course there are 13 Doctors now. (including the Peter Capaldi one) I really don't see how they can maintain the old numbering. Dialogue in the episode actually states this. Is all the marketing, all merchandise and all the spin-off media gonna honour this at all?

I saw bits of it on TV then. Looked like any other episode with some gimmicky cameos thrown in.

Tennant and Piper were not cameo's. Tom Baker definitely was. The rest were put in thanks to CGI

This is above all else a love letter to and from the fans. I doubted that it would really be accessible to the general audience, and I really guess it's not. Since Stephen Moffat took over Doctor Who really has turned a bit too much into a "fans only" part, often far to clever for it's own good.

I thought about that, it looks like another episode of doctor who not like a film. But I guess that's good, it's sticking to its roots for the 50th anniversary.

I thought the Zygons looked very good. Glad to see the RTD daleks, I never understood why Moffatt redesigned them and made a big deal of it (in the confidential episode) but then didn't really stick to them.

Am I correct that Martha's theme showed up? It could have been odd but it played for the first Tennant scene, so it kind of means that he had just seen her, or it was the period where she was the companion.

The opening stuff and the film like titles did give a bit more of a cinematic quality. But Lee has been spoiled by Mad Men, Breaking Bad and GOT. All BBC programming looks low rent to him.

The fact that Tennant married Queen Liz 1 means this takes place between The Waters of Mars and The End Of Time.

Am I the only one who wanted the 10th Doctor to somehow notice Rose?

I was thinking that too, there was a little bit about the Bad Wolf where that kind of came in.

The protocol took on the shape of Rose, apparently because it was an important person to The Doctor, not quite realizing it would be from his future. The Bad Wolf stuff obviously came from that.

Moffat has the habbit of labeling his female characters. "The Girl Who Waited, The Impossible Girl, Souffle Girl, and now Bad Wolf Girl"

I'm gonna start watching it when Malcolm Tucker joins the cast at Christmas.

If the plotting is still as dense as I assume it will be, you are gonna have a lot of questions LOL

Knowing Tucker he'll efficiently and eloquently deal with the massive exposition problem with a customary "WHAT A LOAD OF NERLDY SHIITE, now follow me!"

Thinking about it, there's so many story lines. I can't keep up!

Time War

Trenselore

Bad Wolf

The Silence

River Song

The whole Clara being loads of people

The episode did take me back to the good old days of RTD though.

The short preview to the Christmas special seems to suggest the Silence, and Tranzelore stuff will be wrapped up. River Song either was wrapped up in The Name Of The Doctor (where he says goodbye to the River uploaded to The Library...BUT Moffat did leave a potential hint just because she faded about her being connected to Clara.

The Time War, or the survival of Gallifrey seems to be the big arc for the next series.

Bad Wolf seems to have been wrapped up since Journey's End.

The opening stuff and the film like titles did give a bit more of a cinematic quality. But Lee has been spoiled by Mad Men, Breaking Bad and GOT. All BBC programming looks low rent to him.

The problem with the Beeb is they're state funded and so only really have enough money for one big budget show. Strictly Come Dancing.

Everything else looks like Holby City, so Doctor Who through no fault of its own basically looks like a hospital drama with robots.

Knowing Tucker he'll efficiently and eloquently deal with the massive exposition problem with a customary "WHAT A LOAD OF NERLDY SHIITE, now follow me!"

Not in this show matey boy! It relishes in huge amounts of exposition. adding complicated plot lines while old ones aren't even resolved. It doesnt shy away from nerdly shite, it takes the TARDIS up to a lake of nedely shite and swims in it.

Lee, if you arent a true Geek, then this really isnt your show. Capaldi or not.

Remewmber Doctor Who is the original geek show, older even then Star Trek.