AOTC DVD Release

Hello everybody!

Does anyone know the exact release date for

Star Wars Episode II - Attack of The Clones, and if so, do you know if it will be released in Europe at the same time as in the US? :?:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wave: 8O ;):)

My B-day is in November!!!!!!!! Oh what a great way to turn 37!!!!!!

A big party and AOTC!!!!!!!!!! :)

November is my birthday as well. I too am looking forward to all the goodies. LOTR expanded DVD, AOTC DVD, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and maybe even new Pearl Jam CD.... WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen: 8O 8O ROTFLMAO

-Strilo, who is more excited about Pearl Jam than any of those other things

:jump: "The Show Must Go On," Queen

ARGH...a LONGER LOTR???? Oi....Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie...but longer????

-St. Yodes, who feels that LOTR was quite long enough.

As much as I love the Lord of the Rings Books, watching a 5 hour cut of the movie is just too much.

Romão, who was dissapointed by the FOTR movie. but the 2 next movies can only be better for a number of reasons.

Wouldn't even fit on one DVD!

Morn - Who don't care, more is better, but I am not watching a 5 hour movie in one sitting!

Wouldn't even fit on one DVD!

Neither will the real extended 3.30 hour cut.

Morn - Who don't care, more is better, but I am not watching a 5 hour movie in one sitting!

That's why films like Ben-Hur (4 hours) have an intermission in the middle. 8O Rumour has it that the extended FOTR might have one, too, and it would be nice - something to end the first disc, instead of just having to change discs between two scenes.

Marian - who's can hardly wait.

:mrgreen: Cutthroat Island (John Debney)

Wow a 5 hour long LOTR??? :wow: That's awesome. Although the film was great with just 3 hours. 8O

Justin

8O Cutthroat Island (Debney) What track are you on Marian? :mrgreen:

FYI, in case some here do not know this yet:

Actually FOTR was originally 3.5 hours long. For the 4 disc release in November, there will be an additional 30 minutes of cut footage and resequenced seens in the movie.

And better yet, Howard Shore is supposed to be composing "NEW" music for this additional footage rather than a cut and paste job.

I really hope they come out with a complete soundtrack for this. That would be sweet.

There are rumours that the first cut was even 4 hours long. Whether they're true or not, I don't know.

And according to a report some weeks ago (forgot the source, but you can find a link to it somewhere at TheOneRing.net), Shore wrote FIFTY minutes of new music! :mrgreen:

Marian - who can't answer Justin's question because Cutthroat Island was over about two hours ago.

So has there been any word on when we will get more music released from FOTR????

Shore said he doesn't want to rush it. He'd rather do a good release than a hasty one.

Marian - who agrees with that. :)

There is a new rumor going around that the AOTC dvd will be pushed back from the original date of Nov. 26, to next fall so that the dvd will include a teaser for Ep. III which begins shooting next summer. Also Lucas wants ot tweak the film(AOTC) a bit. Supposedly he wants to add about 15 mins of additional scenes, including more of the backstory between Anakin and Padme, to flesh out the film and give it more depth. Hopefully he will include the flashback sequence we've all heard about, using Jake Lloyd that takes place 3 or 4 years after TPM, that gives an indication of Anakins journey to the dark side began shortly after the events in TPM. From what I can gather it deals with the death of Padme's bethroed husband(in an arranged marriage from childhood), who mysteriously dies in a horrible "accident". Supposedly Natalie Portman said the sequence was a little intense. Perhaps it was cut to avoid a PG-13 rating. Hopefully the Anakin/sandpeople sequence will be enhanced as well to show the true level of violence that Anakin committed on them, allowing us to see that Anakin is truely evil.

'Course a rumor is a rumor is a rumor.

Joe, :)

Sounds nice. They should re-do the whole score editing, too. I don't see a reason to make the Sandpeople scene more violent though - I liked how they did NOT have to show much. The quiet statement of the Imperial March did more for me than a long slaughtering sequence could have done.

Marian - who was happy to see a friend (who doesn't care for film music) turn over grinning when the theme played. :)

Maybe they will add some more about Jango Fett, making him more of a real character, in addition to the other rumors above..

Joe

There is a new rumor going around that the AOTC dvd will be pushed back from the original date of Nov. 26, to next fall so that the dvd will include a teaser for Ep. III which begins shooting next summer.   Also Lucas wants ot tweak the film(AOTC) a bit.  Supposedly he wants to add about 15 mins of additional scenes, including more of the backstory between Anakin and Padme, to flesh out the film and give it more depth.  Hopefully he will include the flashback sequence we've all heard about, using Jake Lloyd that takes place 3 or 4 years after TPM, that gives an indication of Anakins journey to the dark side began shortly after the events in TPM.  From what I can gather it deals with the death of Padme's bethroed husband(in an arranged marriage from childhood), who mysteriously dies in a horrible "accident".  Supposedly Natalie Portman said the sequence was a little intense.  Perhaps it was cut to avoid a PG-13 rating.  Hopefully the Anakin/sandpeople sequence will be enhanced as well to show the true level of violence that Anakin committed on them, allowing us to see that Anakin is truely evil.

'Course a rumor is a rumor is a rumor.

Joe,  :)

Well, I want the DVD as soon as possible, but those scenes you speak of may be worth the wait. How about both? I'd get 'em both with little hesitation, but many more would be furious with Lucas and call him an evil money-grubber for doing that. LOL

Well, I want the DVD as soon as possible, but those scenes you speak of may be worth the wait. How about both? I'd get 'em both with little hesitation, but many more would be furious with Lucas and call him an evil money-grubber for doing that. LOL

You know i read in one magazine that in August they were going to release the Cinema version of FOTR, 2 discs, one with the movie and other with extras (no deleted scenes in them) and in november they were going to release the complete version, plus two extra DVDS, ana another release with the cinema version and the two extra discs. THAT is worst...

Luke who will buy the SW saga* DVD in 2006. Hard waiting, i havent seen the deleted scenes on TMP yet. :) (i found them on the net somewhere BUT my comp played them poorly so....

*Complete and unchangeable and rescored. Luke hoping for the best and EXPECTING for the best.... IF NOT LUCAS WILL NOT achieve his 70 birthday :mrgreen: :roll: I'm serious Mr Lucas :)

You know i read in one magazine that in August they were going to release the Cinema version of FOTR, 2 discs, one with the movie and other with extras (no deleted scenes in them) and in november they were going to release the complete version, plus two extra DVDS, ana another release with the cinema version and the two extra discs. THAT is worst...

The theatrical version will be released on DVD in August, as a 2 disc set. The version in November is the extended cut, on four DVDs. I haven't heard anything about plans to re-release the theatrical cut on 4 DVDs - and it wouldn't make sense, either.

Marian -waiting.

:mrgreen: Les Miserables (Basil Poledouris)

Bah,I don't collect DVD's,first they are still expensive,second I learned my lesson with shelfulls of VHS tapes I watched once or twice at most, third,they usually come up with a super deluxe edition after the first release,fourth,you can rent them to see those obligatory "deleted" scenes THEY LEAVE OUT ON PURPOSE IN THE THEATRICAL RELEASE TO SELL THE DVD's.

K.M.

Bah,I don't collect DVD's,first they are still expensive,second I learned my lesson with shelfulls of VHS tapes I watched once or twice at most, third,they usually come up with a super deluxe edition after the first release,fourth,you can rent them to see those obligatory "deleted" scenes THEY LEAVE OUT ON PURPOSE IN THE THEATRICAL RELEASE TO SELL THE DVD's.

K.M.

Yet you still buy CD's where you know you are getting far less than the whole score, and CD's in a lot of cases are now more expensive or the same price as DVD's.

And that bit about the deleted scenes only being done for DVD's is hysterical. I'm sure the mentality is now "well at least it'll be seen on the DVD" but I doubt studios waste months shooting and editing scenes on purpose only to decide later to cut them. Maybe I'm blind to the ways of the film making world, but I thought cutting scenes was all about telling the best story possible. Sounds to me like you are a conspiracy theorist.

Neil

Bah,I don't collect DVD's,first they  

K.M.

Yet you still buy CD's where you know you are getting far less than the whole score, and CD's in a lot of cases are now more expensive or the same price as DVD's.

Neil

c.d's are music and dvd's are movies,big difference....if there an isolated score track on a Williams scored DVD,I might get it(Got Witches of Eastwick,missed out on 1941,still undecided on Superman)

Well,for movies I really like,I usually have seen them in theaters a few times(like The Phantom Menace,Harry Potter, A.I. and AOTC most recently...),and others at least once is enough(like lets say Minority Report,Jurassic Park 3,The Mummy movies....).The last movie I bought was the TPM VHS,which I watched....once.Oddly a lot of those big special effects movies loose a lot on the small screen,whatever complex surround sound you have,and TPM is one of them.

I might go for the Indy movies when they come out,or the 6 SW movies when "fully" finished in that alledged 2006 box set.Oh,and I will get those Simpsons TV seasons....

K.M.