Episode III OST: Where is Lament?

DarthJW

Hi to all!

From the recording sessions we know that

> DAY THREE - 2/7/05 (1st Day with the London Voices)

>

> Choral Session

>

>-"Lament"- 5M3. "The most intense expression of feeling...Thickly textured, and wildly passionate...it was beautiful." The cue accompanies a >tragic montage of worlds, and the choral passage is similar to those from Return of the Jedi.

Now, my question: Is Lament on the CD that is released today? Or a variation?

And if somebody already heard that piece: How good is it?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't yet heard something that could be described as this, but of course we know that there's an awful lot of music that remains unreleased as yet.....

I don't know how familiar the reviewer was with the SW scores. I just hope Lament it's not the reprise of Qui-Gon's Funeral.

Some of us are assuming that it's a part of Anakin's Betrayal on the c.d. but now I'm not sure.

K.M.

maybe its the download track?

Information on the content of the Target and Wal*Mart download tracks can be found at SoundtrackNet.

thanks, at the time I posted this, the above links had not be made pubic on this forum

but I did get a good laugh at it.

How long did it take you to find that cover for that post?

And does that cover needs to be airbrushed or hairbrushed?

Neil

Lament is DEFINATELY Anakin's Betrayal. The last part of that track.

what do you mean by "last part"? The last part of the trak is just a coda. I believe it's the whole track.

We can't really be sure if 'Lament' is 'Anakin's Betrayal' until we see the movie. However the description fits pretty much how 'Anakin's Betrayal' sounds IMO.

:( Main Title, The White House Chase - Nixon - John Williams 8O

Because we have the description of the scene Lament scores.

"the darker end of Sith’s musical spectrum. The sequence currently under review is from two-thirds of the way through and features a montage of shots planet-hopping across the last stand of the falling Republic: from the carnage on Courascent to massacres on Mygeeto. These dispatches from the front line of the Clone Wars are part-finished film shots, part-work-in-progress FX shots and part-animatics. Musically, the scene is down on today’s cue sheet as 5M3 or, more poetically, Lament – a “gorgeous” (Lucas phrase) if downbeat elegy for dying Jedi."

K.M.

I think Lament is Anakin's Betrayal, simply because some people's descriptions of Williams' music are so cringingly emotive and over-the-top.

It's good.Only that Willliams keeps saying there are 2 or 3 different Laments.

K.M.

I think in those comments Williams is referring to new themes that work as laments. Lament itself might be one, another being the last part of Anakin's Dark Deeds.

I'm betting on the side that Lament as described in the recording sessions is an incredible cue,but it's not on the c.d.

K.M.

It's good.Only that Willliams keeps saying there are 2 or 3 different Laments.

K.M.

I think in those comments Williams is referring to new themes that work as laments. Lament itself might be one, another being the last part of Anakin's Dark Deeds.

I agree. And don´t forget "The Immolation Scene" (or the last part of it)

Well,in the light of new reports,I guess Anakin's Betrayal does score the Jedi purge scene

K.M.

Has anyone else noticed that Anakin's Betrayal sounds strinkingly similar to Shmi's Funeral?

Ted