What is the best action track from Attack of the Clones  

52 members have voted

1. 1.

• Zam the Assassin and The Chase Through Coruscant
    • Jango's Escape
    • Bounty Hunter's Pursuit
    • Love Pledge and The Arena
    • Other (Specify)

It was a tough choice for me there all so good. Also if the poll is scewed up sorry. This is my first one and I can't figure out how you do it!

Justin

:) Zam track 8O

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finnaly descided to vote for Jango's Escape although there are just so many!! :!:

Justin - Who just realized he for got about "On the Conveyor Belts" :) 8O

I voted for "other". Call me shallow and disloyal to Mr. Williams, but I liked the hacked up mess that went with the conveyor belt in the movie.

Btw, you can add an option to your poll.

I chose Zam.

I found that it was wise not to score the chase through the ring belt because it could only be compared to the Asteroid Field in ESB and it would always suffer by comparison

I found that it was wise not to score the chase through the ring belt because it could only be compared to the Asteroid Field in ESB and it would always suffer by comparison

Acctually that's very true. It also made the "Seeker Missle Chase" all that more intense.

Boring my a$$. :)

Justin

Yeah, I really like On the Conveyer Belt. I voted for The Arena Battle though. I really like how there's hardly any mickey mousing in any of it besides the occurences of the main themes. Lucas could have tracked this in anywhere and it still would have made sense. It's really strong, but deliberate. I like how it's all based on the one motif.

It's all pretty good to my ears! Not a dull note in the score!

NP: Patton (Jerry Goldsmith)

It's all about Jango's Escape. That brass section is amazing - I can't get enough of it.

Jake - who thinks that several other action cues are very good too.

:) duh!

I'm going to have to go with Across the Stars... Just kidding. Actually, the action middle section is pretty cool, but I voted for Bounty Hunter's Pursuit. I love the Trade Federation March. It is a great brass piece, and I am partial to brass being a trumpet player. I find myself singing it constantly. I think that it is really a tough decision to make, however.

~Conor

For me, nothing beats the Arena. I love how the low brass kicks it off so powerfully with the Trade-Federation-March-esque them, and then eventually passes it on to the trumpets, all the whie maintaining such a complex and driving tone. Really gets the blood moving!

Ray Barnsbury

I would have to say that my favorite tracks are still unreleased! But I went for Jango's Escape.

They're all great however!

"The Arena" seems to stick with me the most, though "The Conveyor Belt" is a lot of fun (the music, not the scene it was written for).

Neil

I rate em like this

1. Jango Esape/The Arena tied

2. Zam the Assassin

3. Bounty Hunter's Pursuit

Zam is tied with Jango's Escape right now. Vote for Zam Harryy. :sleepy:

Justin -Who's thinks Harry should vote for Zam.... :)

I love the Arena sequence. It upsets me that much of it was cut from the film though. THe first two minutes and the last two minutes of the track are used, as many of you know. And it's a real shame because the middle 4 and a 1/2 minutes or so showcases some great action music and multiple renditions of that theme.

JANGO'S ESCAPE! JANGO'S ESCAPE!!! JANGO'S ESCAPE!!!! JANGO'S ESCAPE!!!!! Love the tune, love the rhythm...snap my fingers when I listen to it. Great action music! and it was TOO QUIET IN THE MOVIE!! ERRGH!

- Jacob Snyder

Yes, Harry! "Zam and the Assassin" was my favorite, even though I love the "Trade Federation March" quote in "The Arena"....it's, arguably, my 2nd favorite part of the score (the released half, at least).

BUT -- in general, "Zam" is a great action cue. Right up there with Jerry's actions cues. (Goldsmith, the father of the action cue, IMO)

Dan - who knows Hans tries, but can't do it perfectly yet

:) "In Recovery" from Pay It Forward (T. Newman)

Bah, Williams is the true master of action cues and you know it! Bah, Goldsmith indeed.

Bah Ram You!

:mrgreen:

Goldsmith practically invented the modern action cue and it's still superior to Johnny's action cues. But something Jerry can't do is write like Johnny. Johnny pretty much has him on his knees when it comes to writing soaring scores with gorgeous melodies and orchestrations.

Dan - finding Jerry's orchestrations rather flat

:music: "The Crisis" from The Legend Of 1900 (Morricone)

Goldsmith practically invented the modern action cue and it's still superior to Johnny's action cues

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Well, I think so. The orchestrations for Johnny's action cues are much better, but the percussive impulses in Jerry's action cues really do spell out "action"

Dan - whose always said, "No one writes 'visceral carnage' like Jerry Goldsmith does, that's for damn sure."

Bah, Williams is the true master of action cues and you know it! Bah, Goldsmith indeed.

The way I know Williams action cues, I don't think anyone can beat him in my mind. He has a certain flavor with his action that no one else can come close to.

~Harry

I will tell you right now that I am set in my ways, so there is no way you will be able to convince me that there's better than JW action cues. :(

~Harry

Well, I'll attempt.

Dan - who might end up discovering that he is wrong, ultimately.

I guarentee you will not succeed in your mission. :)

Just ask HornerIsTheMan.

~Harry

• 3 years later...

Best action cue is Zam the Assassin and the Chase through Coruscant.

The Love Pledge and the Arena comes a close second (I really love that march that feels like a mix of the Love theme and the Trade Federation March).

But then again the other action cues are also fantastic. Little less thematic but a whole lot more kinetic.

-Incanus who still admires the use of Conflict motif in Jango's Escape-