Happy Birthday, Erich Wolfgang Korngold (1897-1957)...

Figo

...without whom there would have been no John Williams.

:) The Adventures of Robin Hood (Gerhardt/Nat'l Philharmonic)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

8O The Sea Hawk: The Classic Film Scores of Erich Wolfgang Korngold (Charles Gerhardt/NPO)

A good day to celebrate. bowdown

The Sea Hawk: The Classic Film Scores of Erich Wolfgang Korngold (Charles Gerhardt/NPO)

I'll be listening to that later...

ttbk

Well in that case..

bup bada da! ba ba ba badada badada badada badada BAHH DAH DAHH!!! BUHHH DUH DUHH!!! dah da dada dadada DAHHH DAHHH!!!!

bup bada da! ba ba ba badada badada badada badada BAHH DAH DAHH!!! BUHHH DUH DUHH!!! dah da dada dadada DAHHH DAHHH!!!!

What kinda moonman language is that?

Neil

Happy Birthday Maestro Korngold and bravo to his son for collaborating with Charles Gerhardt!

Tim - who has just finished watching the Classical Brit Awards only to find that the soundtrack category and Williams' triumphant win wasn't mentioned or even acknowledged during the end credits! :ola:

bowdown Captain Blood Overture - Charles Gerhardt & the National Philharmonic Orchestra

bowdown  Captain Blood Overture - Charles Gerhardt & the National Philharmonic Orchestra

And I still don't have that...

Marian - who just discovered that his Sea Hawk OST won't play anymore. :?

:ola: Captain Blood (OST)

Yes the two different The Sea Hawk: Classic Film Scores of Korngold albums were a strange interpolation of different and shorter/lengthier cues. The Dolby Surround version has Captain Blood, Robin Hood & Juarez where as the original release doesn't but has extended suites from The Sea Hawk, Of Human Bondage and Between Two Worlds that were shortened for the Dolby Surround version - so ultimately both CD's are worth owning.

Drop me a PM if you would like to work something out. bowdown

Sure bowdown

BTw, that reminds me, I wanted to copy the Hahn recording from tape to computer so I could send it to you... have to see when I have time and can set up a working link.

Yes the two different The Sea Hawk: Classic Film Scores of Korngold albums were a strange interpolation of different and shorter/lengthier cues. The Dolby Surround version has Captain Blood, Robin Hood & Juarez where as the original release doesn't but has extended suites from The Sea Hawk, Of Human Bondage and Between Two Worlds that were shortened for the Dolby Surround version - so ultimately both CD's are worth owning.

D'oh... and I never picked up the DS version because I wanted the longer original...

Drop me a PM if you would like to work something out.  bowdown

Thanks for the offer, but I'm still optimistic. They have to re-release the entire series sooner or later...

Marian - who might return to that offer if they don't. :D