in New Jersey and my parents are going to be selling the house that

me, my brother, sister and parents have lived in for the past

30years. The Williams' did not sell the house to my parents, there

was another couple who owned it in between. Neighbors have told us

that John actually pulled up to the house in a limo twice in the

past decade and just looked at the house, unfortunately we were not

at home on both occasions.

Anyway, after cleaning a lot of things out I found an old document

posted in the boiler room in the basement from 1935 that has J.F.

Williams signed on it along with the address and date. I also

noticed that the initials J.W. were written into the old cement

floor in the garage. We kept this chunk with the initials before we

replaced the cement floor.

Does anyone know how I could write to John and ask if he wants these

things before they are discarded?

Thanks,

Eric

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, John Williams's old house. But "J.F. Williams"? His middle name is Towner. So was his father named John too?

I think so, yeah.

If all else fails, you could hurl it through the window of his house with a note attached:

"Will pay for window through purchasing your CDs.

Sincerely,

X"

Hey,maybe JW burried something in the basement too.. that's why there was something engraved in the cement.

K.M.

John F. Williams was John T. Williams father. He was also known as Johnny "Man drummer" Williams.

I f you want to get in touch with Mr. Williams this are some of the people you may want to try:

John Williams

c/o The Gorfaine/Schwartz Agency, Inc.

4111 W ALAMEDA AVE STE 509

BURBANK CA 91505-4140

You may also want to try Sony Classics, the Boston Symphony, or Amblin/Dreamworks/Universal (since Williams studio is on the Amblin section of Universal Studios).

I hope you get lucky... Willimas may take up to year to reply...

Now, could i just ask you a little favor? Any chance you couls get us a picture of the house? I would love to know how the palce where Williams grew up looks like, and surelly this would be a nice addition to Markus Hable Eraly Years picture section (http://mahawa.jw-music.net)

Maybe the Master tapes of TOD and buried there!

For the last time, Williams DO NOT OWN the tapes to any of his recordings! He don't even owns the printed scores, only his own hand written sketches!

If you want to find were the Temple of Doom tapes are buried, try Paramount!

For the last time, Williams DO NOT OWN the tapes to any of his recordings! He don't even owns the printed scores, only his own hand written sketches!

If you want to find were the Temple of Doom tapes are buried, try Paramount!

I know :P

Well change that for all written sketches, ready to be re-recorded :)

Eric,

What a wonderful thing it is to live in the very house that Williams grew up in.

Let me tell you, cherish it, because that house will someday be a historical relic, a very important part of an American legend, much like Beethoven's and Mozart's homes are today.

You have an advantage over others when it comes to contacting Williams, i.e., he is very much tied to that home as part of his history. Therefore, he is a million more times to respond to you over his "regular" fans.

Hence, by all means, write to him, and tell him what you have. Invite him to take a tour and a family dinner. You have something powerful to Williams, and having a cement engraving of his father is something that will certainly mean a great deal for Williams. It will reconnect to his roots and his family.

Go for it! He will respond to you, I am very confident of that.

Eric, what an exceptional honor it is to have been raised in the very house where JW grew up too!!

I would suggest not to sell the house but take care of it; someday it could be a museum. I am under the impression that you do care about the house, the next owner might not.

no,it's the Locket...with a big W engraved on it.I've heard of the legends.The key to bring back Williams if he ever passes on to compose music forever

K.M.

Why do you think he didn't compose any scores in 2003.I believe he has created at least 4 Horcruxes according to my research.The golden Locket of Towner with (inexplicably) a big W inscribed on it in diamonds,burried under his old house,would be the first.He made another with his Star Wars Oscar that's resting on the mantle of his fireplace.The third is hidden in Steven Spielberg's house somewhere.The last one is the Temple of Doom 24 Track Master Tapes,which will prove to be the most difficult to obtain,beeing hidden away in the Vault of Hoarding in the lower levels of Skywalker ranch.

Why do you think he didn't compose any scores in 2003.I believe he has created at least 4 Horcruxes according to my research.The golden Locket of Towner with (inexplicably) a big W inscribed on it in diamonds,burried under his old house,would be the first.He made another with his Star Wars Oscar that's resting on the mantle of his fireplace.The third is hidden in Steven Spielberg's house somewhere.The last one is the Temple of Doom 24 Track Master Tapes,which will prove to be the most difficult to obtain,beeing hidden away in the Vault of Hoarding in the lower levels of Skywalker ranch.

:P

Ray Barnsbury