Is Filmtracks dead?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been wondering about that myself too. I guess Christian hasn't gotten any new scores to review or he is catching up on his "write a new review of older scores list" or something. Though Clemmensen's reviews are some times quite frustrating to read (because of the reviewing system of million different stars for a score in its varoius guises) I still visit the site regularly.

I usually enjoy reading Clemmenson's reviews. Hopefully he'll begin a new batch soon; I'm particularly interested to hear his take on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Ray Barnsbury

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Chris is the man!!!! Tell us how many stars we should give to a score(as heard in the movie, as an album, as heard through a wall, as heard head in a bucket, overall rating).

But no seriously. Christian Clemmensen has a great site and I wish he would write reviews for some new releases.

I get more annoyed when he jumps on the band-wagon and rates a score without hearing it in its true context, and entirety, i.e. ALL of Williams' scores. HP: PS was a five-star score, as well as PoA. I guess he was too busy reviewing LotR's score by watching the films, studying the scores and listening to it ad-nauseum to listen to PS a second time.

When is that guy going to do something about that site. It looks so old fashion, like a web site from 1995. And the forum is very old technology.

• 1 month later...

He also said this about one of the tracks on Horner's The Legend of Zorro: "(there's) a minute or so of rapid brass blasts and string pulsation at the end of "The Train" that will make you swear that John Williams' Revenge of the Sith score was playing." :mrgreen:

Tim

It is nice to see Clemmensen has started reviewing the newer scores after a long hiatus instead of bashing Williams' old scores. None of the smaller scale drama scores seemed to appeal to Christian's ecclectic tastes.

But giving a Horner rehash score (however spectacular it may sound) 5 stars? :)

Clemmensen is entitled to his opinion but I find my musical tastes being almost total opposite of his.

there are very few scores in the past few years I would agree with him. I do not understand that he gave that rehash Zorro 5 stars. Unbelievable ;)

I never liked that first Zorro score and if the new one is the same old it probably won't be worth listening to.